DOTA 2

Needless

Toe Sucker
Not gonna lie, i like that extra 10% proc on moment of courage for LC, curious how her scepter is gonna be too... pretty much a gauranteed BKB every duel lol

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I wonder how many games will be won with the 40 min double rune, you can basically wait 2-4 minutes for the inevitable DD and aegis to make any teamfight a landslide. Once you have map control, the enemy is fucked. Even shrines got nerfed.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Im okay with that, watching or playing longer than 40 minutes is rarely ever exciting anyway, could be the thing needed to push the game to the end instead of delaying it another 20+ minutes imo

Needless

Toe Sucker
Sven jumped 7% win rate overnight and he's the highest atm (57% from 50%) lol

Glad to see my boy back on his throne where he belongs! mind you i think they're going to either revert his Ult buff or cut the str gain in half... it gives him an extra 800hp at level 3 now which is a little nutty lol

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Me, HoggFight, and his buddy had a Sven/Dark Seer game last night. We could have made a similar compilation video from that game. It was glorious.

Match 3183085760 - Overview

The exp changes are a little nutty. If you are playing a core, you can get level 25 so fast now.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All these changes lend to games being faster now. I'm totally OK with that. These events are amazing, but if I want to watch multiple series in a day I shouldn't have to clear 6 hours.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I'm not sure the XP rate is that crazy? The deny xp change is not that enormous from a total XP standpoint unless the lane is completely uncontested.
Old way was a deny was 50% xp to the Enemy 50% to the void of no one. Now its 70% to the enemy and 30% to the denier. This is not as big of a net change as people think unless you can 100% secure the lane and the carry can subsequently last hit all of the creeps reliably.

There is a little more XP in the jungle than there used to be since 7.00 but the jungle used to spawn every minute. The Global gold for map objectives was nerfed a reasonable amount too. The gold explosion from taking t3 and or a couple lanes of rax won't be quite as enormous. The window to exploit buyout is larger for late game plays.

I don't disagree that there isn't more xp, but I'm not convinced the net effect is as strong as people think. Retreating to the jungle now allows many more medium and small camps to be farmed by weak early junglers in much less efficient patterns as it used to be. So the difference between a sac'd lane and a hero that falls into the jungle isn't near as wide as it was with 2 minute camps.

Blocking safelane camps is a thing again even more now. That supports can deny a lot more creeps (in the jungle and more incentive to contest in the lane). This is my happiest change. I've always played a safelane 5, and really missed the lane control of the 1 minute jungle.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
All these changes lend to games being faster now. I'm totally OK with that. These events are amazing, but if I want to watch multiple series in a day I shouldn't have to clear 6 hours.
That was my only complaint about Kiev major meta - all the games were 45+ min nailbiters, since pushing HG was crazy hard even with total map control and the gold gain was so small you had to sit on your ass for 15+ minutes farming. I'm fairly confident the changes will get toned down a bit pre TI, but the games should be faster.

I'm not sure the XP rate is that crazy? The deny xp change is not that enormous from a total XP standpoint unless the lane is completely uncontested.
Old way was a deny was 50% xp to the Enemy 50% to the void of no one. Now its 70% to the enemy and 30% to the denier. This is not as big of a net change as people think unless you can 100% secure the lane and the carry can subsequently last hit all of the creeps reliably.

There is a little more XP in the jungle than there used to be since 7.00 but the jungle used to spawn every minute. The Global gold for map objectives was nerfed a reasonable amount too. The gold explosion from taking t3 and or a couple lanes of rax won't be quite as enormous. The window to exploit buyout is larger for late game plays.

I don't disagree that there isn't more xp, but I'm not convinced the net effect is as strong as people think. Retreating to the jungle now allows many more medium and small camps to be farmed by weak early junglers in much less efficient patterns as it used to be. So the difference between a sac'd lane and a hero that falls into the jungle isn't near as wide as it was with 2 minute camps.

Blocking safelane camps is a thing again even more now. That supports can deny a lot more creeps (in the jungle and more incentive to contest in the lane). This is my happiest change. I've always played a safelane 5, and really missed the lane control of the 1 minute jungle.
Roughly jungle gives 160% xp and gold compared to 7.05 if you can clear it regularly. Kills above 10k networth are worth more now, so starting at like 20 minutes, ganks become very lucrative. There's extra creep in mid, so 6 is even further - basically all the the base values got bumped and taking HG was made easier, so games will snowball a lot more now.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Me, HoggFight, and his buddy had a Sven/Dark Seer game last night. We could have made a similar compilation video from that game. It was glorious.

Match 3183085760 - Overview

The exp changes are a little nutty. If you are playing a core, you can get level 25 so fast now.

Haha damn, with lust too. I would be curious to see that with a MoM build in before the BKB.

I was enjoying the MoM -> S&Y -> Blink -> BKB build prior to 7.06, wondering how it does in this patch. Probably still pretty decent, just potentially you'll get it faster?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, I was too worried about getting kited by the Drow/Veno. Prioritized Blink/BKB, then went damage over MoM since we had B-Lust.

Sven is probably my favorite hero, but I had to stop playing him after they rekt Helm of the Dominator's life steal and fucked with the Ancients in 7.00. His new Ult is pretty overpowered though. Maybe time to start spamming him again.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah i'm gonna play him tonight, i only got to play a few games last night and wanted to try the new Axe aghs which was pretty funny but we crushed them too hard so i only hit level 24 or so. so i didn't get to see it with the extra +100 dps :(

Not sure if it's worth getting though yet? maybe if you can initiate on a support, instantly get a dunk and hope the aghs debuff spreads onto their cores early into the fight? then the -30% damage is applied early and they also have the dot ticking on the rest of their team?

There was a few times where i would get a blink -> call on 3 or 4 of their team, but... if you get a 4 man call you're pretty much going to team wipe them anyway lol

edit: maaan i wanna play kunkka badly too, but i need to find a way to get an agh's as support at a decent timing. You can do some dirty things with changing how his boat works.

Last edited:

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I was too worried about getting kited by the Drow/Veno. Prioritized Blink/BKB, then went damage over MoM since we had B-Lust.

Sven is probably my favorite hero, but I had to stop playing him after they rekt Helm of the Dominator's life steal and fucked with the Ancients in 7.00. His new Ult is pretty overpowered though. Maybe time to start spamming him again.
I'd be amazed if his ult survives without nerf until next week.

Definitely need to start playing some kunkka, that shit looks too fun and it's been a while since I put in the time to learn something new.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I play Kunkka as a roamer, semi support often and I can assure you guys this shit is fun as fuck right now. There are literally no problems with the hero, and if you can land a boat (which now everyone can), it's fun and effective as fuck. If you can get a real 5 position on your team to back you up, you can stack some nasty ganks and make mad $$ for the team.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I play Kunkka as a roamer, semi support often and I can assure you guys this shit is fun as fuck right now. There are literally no problems with the hero, and if you can land a boat (which now everyone can), it's fun and effective as fuck. If you can get a real 5 position on your team to back you up, you can stack some nasty ganks and make mad $$ for the team.
That's the problem, I pick something to play as 4, but then end up with 4 other cores so I'm sucking dicks and buying wards hoping they will win the game for me 40 minutes later when they finished farming.