TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
All of my friends play at night time -.-
fuck working 12 hours a day
frown.png
big reth where you been!

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
So if anyone doesnt know yet, don't check profiles while in game, crashes the game.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I'm playing premades with 4 friends that are new to the genre. I havnt laughed so hard. Failing with friends > failing with brzs all day

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hero releases and CM additions are coming at a snails pace for the last 6 months or so, if you look at the history of patches they were releasing at least 3-4 heroes a month. Heroes like Drow and Centaur haven't been in CM for like 4 months.

Also, I wish I had an ounce of artistic talent because there's a lot of money to be made by creating items in the workshop.

keypusher_sl

shitlord
Drow and Centaur are not in CM due to balance reasons, not because they are new. The rate of hero updates has slowed a bit, but they are still active making other updates to the game and a new hero every month.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Hero releases and CM additions are coming at a snails pace for the last 6 months or so, if you look at the history of patches they were releasing at least 3-4 heroes a month. Heroes like Drow and Centaur haven't been in CM for like 4 months.

Also, I wish I had an ounce of artistic talent because there's a lot of money to be made by creating items in the workshop.
Keypusher said it already, but it's the exact same thing that happened in Dota1. It took averylong time for new heroes to be added to CM because Icefrog spent such a long time balancing them. It's also what makes Dota better than the other Dota clones out there, at least in my opinion.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They've apparently been working behind the scenes on the next batch of heroes though, there's quite a few textures updates in the files for Bristleback, TC, Abaddon and Skywrath. I wouldn't be surprised if they chain release heroes this month. They definitely are releasing stuff a lot slower now than they used to, but the game is also a lot more complete now than it used to. They've also been working on tutorial, guide integration and shit plus the last few months of last years they were doing the halloween and xmas maps/modes.

Don't care much since I haven't played in a while, I play dota(or similar games) when I don't have anything else to play so it works out fine for me, when I take a 3-6months break when I come back there's always plenty of new stuff.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So for anybody like me who constantly gets Error 206 when trying to download replays, I might have found a temporary work-around until it gets fixed.

Credit goes to Waistless on this forum.
I'm surprised its been this long and the issue hasn't been resolved. I've been using the following as a workaround in order to queue up replay downloads in conjunction with a download manager, so I may as well share:

It is possible to get direct replay links to download through a browser, which you can find using either the dotabuff website, or a packet sniffer.
Note: There is probably a simpler method, but I have no idea how dotabuff gets replays from match IDs, and the web API (which could easily be used to script up downloads for match IDs) is never working.

For most pub games; you should be able to put the match ID in dotabuff and it will give you a replay link at the top right corner of the match details page. If the download link doesn't work, the match is probably just unavailable (unrelated to error 206).

For tournament, private, and pub games where dotabuff cannot find the match ID; you will need to use a packet sniffer. This guide will show my method using Wireshark, an open source packet sniffer.

1. Get Wireshark and start the program.
2. In the capture section on the main page, ctrl+select all the interfaces listed and click start.
3. Enter the following filter:

http.request.uri contains "/570/"

and hit apply. This should be remembered in the list, so in the future just click the drop down box and select it.
4. All that screaming text should now be silent, time to start up Dota 2.
5. Simply open up the match details of which ever replay you wish to download, where it shows the download link. You don't need to attempt to download the replay.
6. Alt-Tab back into Wireshark, and it should have found some HEAD packets, which are used by Dota 2 to confirm whether or not a replay exists. The correct packets will show a .dem.bz2 file in the info section.
7. Select the packet, and in the information section below, click to unravel the Hypertext Transfer protocol section, and you should have a replay link you can double click. The end result should look like this:

Once you have the replay, extract the .dem.bz2 file (you will need a program like 7-zip or winrar) to:

Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\replays\

and remove the second number so that the filename is the match id, followed by .dem (i.e 59649229.dem for match id 59649229)

Hope that helps any other poor soul suffering from error 2

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I turned it off after game 2, those games are absolutely without of any suspense

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's like watching an old guy die from cancer. You know there's no fucking way they're (LGD) are going to win this.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Its fun watching some of the better players play this game. Its truly amazing how good some of the players are and how well Valve and ice frog have done with balancing the game. With so many heroes to choose from, its hard to believe you could even think of anything even remotely close to "balance". With that said it seems some heroes are "dead" in certain tiers and there is always work to be done, but given how badly you can own with so many different heroes is fun to watch.

Slardar is a fucking animal it seems. I dont know how he does at the highest of levels, but once he starts getting fed its GG.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, you can smell 6.78 in the air and he isn't the only one who needs to get slapped with a few nerfs.