Dragon Age: Inquisition (Plot Details in Spoilers!)

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Yea, I was reading and found that later on I become a real force and get enough abilities to move around the field of battle that it's not too bad but I am going nuts currently. Hissing wastes is just slightly out of my level range but here's hoping.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Yea, I was reading and found that later on I become a real force and get enough abilities to move around the field of battle that it's not too bad but I am going nuts currently. Hissing wastes is just slightly out of my level range but here's hoping.
Level range is fairly irrelevant. The tomb with the dagger recipe has no enemies inside or outside of it.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
But that's already the end of the game lol! What's the point at that stage? Really enjoyed dw rogue in DA2, too bad they couldn't get it right this time around.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
But that's already the end of the game lol! What's the point at that stage? Really enjoyed dw rogue in DA2, too bad they couldn't get it right this time around.
You can get access to it fairly early. Regardless, melee rogue gets good way earlier than that. Imo it gets good as soon as you get the fuck out of hinterlands and hit Val Royeaux, you just buy the tier 2 dagger schematics there and craft yourself a pair of good daggers, then you recraft the same daggers with tier2 metals as soon as you get some(Crestwood has a lot of obsidian for example). Getting your spec asap also helps a lot so skipping completion to advance the story until skyhold then going back is worth it. Once you have the damage, rogue is mostly about killing shit on your own while your team deals with oither shit, generally you go around killing the ranged mobs while your team deals with the tanks and shit.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I am sure getting my ass kicked by this dragon in Crestwood. Maybe I need more levels, the dragon is one level higher.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This game just gets too easy once you have T3 crafting. It's not like Skyrim level crafting brokenness but it's still pretty easy.

And yeah that's on Nightmare.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
You can get access to it fairly early. Regardless, melee rogue gets good way earlier than that. Imo it gets good as soon as you get the fuck out of hinterlands and hit Val Royeaux, you just buy the tier 2 dagger schematics there and craft yourself a pair of good daggers, then you recraft the same daggers with tier2 metals as soon as you get some(Crestwood has a lot of obsidian for example). Getting your spec asap also helps a lot so skipping completion to advance the story until skyhold then going back is worth it. Once you have the damage, rogue is mostly about killing shit on your own while your team deals with oither shit, generally you go around killing the ranged mobs while your team deals with the tanks and shit.
That's generally my strat now, but thigns like prowler mobs are super fucking annoying as a melee rogue. With bows I just flattened those guys; they didn't bother me at all. DW this time around, I'm just running into a bunch of things that I didn't even notice prior.

I went tempest as my spec though, and I'll probably go hunt down the schematics in hissing wastes and we'll see what that does. What are all these hidden blade proc things I am hearing about?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If you get fade touched cloth, some of it has 10% chance per hit to proc hidden blades, with the tier of cloth adding hits(3 for tier 1 and up to 5hits hidden blades for tier3). Type of cloth is the shit that's most often dropped too, at least for tier2, I think I had 5 of the fadetouched ones. Annoying to farm though.

Prowler mobs are annoying but are fairly rare. What I did was just follow them so you have them on the targetting thing and spam "attack my target" so your mages pop it out of stealth, then fuck it up. With tempest you just pop lightning flask at the start and kill them, assuming there's only one, that works too.

Tier3 schematics OR tier3 metal breaks the game very early if you rush for them, both break it even further. For metal there's a few ways, like unlocking a high lvl zone as soon as you get to skyhold(iirc you get access to them, they just cost like 20-30power) and mining easy metal(Hissing Wastes itself has a ton of shit early on) or capturing western approach keep right away so you can get everite from missions(but that's longer tbh). Hell you can get tier3 metal in Crestwood in the cave dungeon thing, Stormheart spawns in there, it's a bit slow to farm since you only loot them 1 by 1 at that level but you only need like 8 or some crap per weapon and it's very fast to reset since it's a small dungeon, and they'll be like 200+DPS daggers with the tier2 schematics, which is like double what you're expected to have at that point of the game. They really didn't think this shit through much at all.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
If you get fade touched cloth, some of it has 10% chance per hit to proc hidden blades, with the tier of cloth adding hits(3 for tier 1 and up to 5hits hidden blades for tier3). Type of cloth is the shit that's most often dropped too, at least for tier2, I think I had 5 of the fadetouched ones. Annoying to farm though.

Prowler mobs are annoying but are fairly rare. What I did was just follow them so you have them on the targetting thing and spam "attack my target" so your mages pop it out of stealth, then fuck it up. With tempest you just pop lightning flask at the start and kill them, assuming there's only one, that works too.

Tier3 schematics OR tier3 metal breaks the game very early if you rush for them, both break it even further. For metal there's a few ways, like unlocking a high lvl zone as soon as you get to skyhold(iirc you get access to them, they just cost like 20-30power) and mining easy metal(Hissing Wastes itself has a ton of shit early on) or capturing western approach keep right away so you can get everite from missions(but that's longer tbh). Hell you can get tier3 metal in Crestwood in the cave dungeon thing, Stormheart spawns in there, it's a bit slow to farm since you only loot them 1 by 1 at that level but you only need like 8 or some crap per weapon and it's very fast to reset since it's a small dungeon, and they'll be like 200+DPS daggers with the tier2 schematics, which is like double what you're expected to have at that point of the game. They really didn't think this shit through much at all.
Ahh, thanks for the tips. I just got my tempest spec, so yea, lightning flask has been super great for nailing things down. I also kept flank attack, and with the fire flask it lets me zip around the battlefield fairly well. I might also grab the hook but I doubt it.

I just crafted a few higher end daggers and I'll probably head to hissing wastes. The specialization changed things, but I'm eager to see about the dual blades and then go house on some stuff. I figure some guard chance on +hit would be valuable.

DMK_sl

shitlord
How far is Skyhold into the game? No spoilers please. I've been playing for hours and hours and only just got to skyhold. Fuck I can't stay on task with anything. Everytime I say to myself ok I'm just gonna smash a bit of the story out I find myself wondering the zones admiring at how fucken beautiful they are.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Skyhold is very early, technically. Most people made the same mistake you did, where they stay forever in the few areas they get access to. It seems like what they wanted (And what most people advise you to do) is to leave those areas as soon as you have enough power to do the story quest that culminates in you gaining skyhold.

I did it the same way, spending tons of time in the hinterlands and like one other area that it directed me to go to, before I even realized the next plot objective was on my war table and was ready to go.

I prefer waiting though, just because I feel less power starved to begin with. Considering you end up with oodles of it later to unlock stuff, it was just nice not needing to feel like I was grinding for it.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I was looking forward to the area before Skyhold. I figured it'd be like AC3's thing where you fill out the neighborhood with stuff. Skyhold is cool, but it's small. I think they made the wrong call on that.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Anyone else having issues with corrupted save files (manual saves and autosaves) freezing the PS3 on the load? I have about 9 hours played on my Rogue main character and cannot load any of the 5 separate save files for it without it hard stopping my PS3, including the game's default autosave. It's only this game, and the disc is super clean. Ideas?

khalid

Unelected Mod
Hell you can get tier3 metal in Crestwood in the cave dungeon thing, Stormheart spawns in there, it's a bit slow to farm since you only loot them 1 by 1 at that level but you only need like 8 or some crap per weapon and it's very fast to reset since it's a small dungeon, and they'll be like 200+DPS daggers with the tier2 schematics, which is like double what you're expected to have at that point of the game. They really didn't think this shit through much at all.
Yeah, I do the crestwood thing to get metal. You can get 4 per run, so only a few runs to finish a weapon.

However, I disagree that they didn't think this shit through. This was supposed to be an open-world game. On your first playthrough, you arent going to know of those things unless you spoil yourself. On subsequent playthroughs, half the fun is now using your knowledge to break the game.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I do the crestwood thing to get metal. You can get 4 per run, so only a few runs to finish a weapon.

However, I disagree that they didn't think this shit through. This was supposed to be an open-world game. On your first playthrough, you arent going to know of those things unless you spoil yourself. On subsequent playthroughs, half the fun is now using your knowledge to break the game.
I agree that you won't know about rushing to Hissing Wastes for plans or whatever, but that Stormheart is very obvious, in a zone that has a story quest leading into it and is a fairly early zone. If you decide to farm stormheart and craft tier 2 schematics(found on a vendor in val royeaux so nothing fancy there) weapons with it, you are vastly overpowered for the next like, 20hours or whatever(assuming you're clearing everything). Hell you can go straight to the end of the game without having to change your weapons at all and you'll absolutely stomp it. That stormheart location is not thought through, it's just way too early to throw tier3 metals especially when it's that easy to farm. Tier 3 leather? Sure knock yourself out, but metal makes weapons, and weapons make the game a ton easier since everything scales massively on the damage on them.

The "normal" zone order is hinterlands > storm coast > fallow mire(very small zone) > crestwood, so it's in the very early midgame and it yield the highest metal type, that's stupid. Should have just put some random tier 2 shit in there and leave the tier3 metals to later areas like emerald graves and higher(maybe eternal plains).

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
I am sure getting my ass kicked by this dragon in Crestwood. Maybe I need more levels, the dragon is one level higher.
Behold, crafting. (lvl 11) T2 armor, T3 axe, T2 materials.
This is before any guard-on-hit items, which are the truly game-breaking components.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I don't think guard on hit is particularily broken, at least on a warrior and especially a tank. It's very easy to get full guard in seconds just using shouts or blocking a couple of attacks and you take so little damage on front attacks that your guard rarely drops.

I killed the crestwood dragon with normal gear on my warrior with the last 40% solo and without potions left and it wasn't hard, and it was my first playthrough(on nightmare obviously). I think I had the 140ish DPS epic axe that does a poison proc that drops in the zone, hinterlands blue armor and some shitty tier 1 alpha darkspawn shield, so nothing fancy, still don't take any damage from 3/4 of the attacks he does as long as you're facing it. It's also much easier than the hinterlands one to solo since it doesn't summon adds, the lightning debuff does nothing if you're solo, so it's pretty much just the melee attacks you have to care about.

spronk

FPS noob
DA is $39.99 at walmart (in store and online) and for some platforms on amazon, for anyone thinking of getting it as a gift. best buy is also running b2g1 free this week, can PM walmart at best buy and pick up DA3, sunset overdrive, and forza horizon 2 for $80+tax (cheaper with GCU) which is pretty awesome for 3 new games.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This is the first game in a while I can say is easily worth full price - at $40, its an absolute no brainer.