Dragon Age: Inquisition (Plot Details in Spoilers!)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It's obviously scores comparing 2 different genres, COD:AW is a 9.1 compared to all the FPS out there, and DA:I is a 8.8 compared to RPG's out there, plus there's also reviewer bias.

Lusiphur

Peasant
I must be getting spoiled with all the isometric RPG's hitting this year for 15 quid a pop (or so). I kind of choked on pre-ordering this at 49.99 (that's UK sterling, it is 80 bucks in US funny money). Still, it looks good and I will judge it on its own merits.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If you're really curious go check out the thread and crosscheck it. There's quite a few of us not posting in this thread, or buying this game on day 1.
Thanks for reminding me there are still sane persons on this board (manginas or not) although they prolly dont post in this thread. Feeling better now.

That review actually sounds pretty positive. I generally hate urban environments haha.

45 hours if you're semi-rushing on a first playthrough is a respectable playtime. If after 45 hours the combat is only a bit repetitive it must be decent.
The one (1) review i read about it claimed 35 hours for mainquest and side galloping for it. So way less than the 50+ promised by EA.
And way over 100 hours when you farm the world ADD style.
No way to import your savegames from former DAs, have to use that DA Keep checker program
Not very newbie friendly background story wise.
Plus no ending of a trilogy since it ends with a cliffhanger.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I can't believe after all these years that people would ever in a million fucking years believe what a publisher said about how many hours a game is. Never once EVER has a game been as long as a publisher said.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Bunch of reviewers are saying its well over 50 hours. Not sure what review Dyvim read, but all the reviews I have read have mentioned how large the game is.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Bunch of reviewers are saying its well over 50 hours. Not sure what review Dyvim read, but all the reviews I have read have mentioned how large the game is.
This game is 50+ hours. If you focus only on the main story missions, you will be done in 20-25. With about 3 hours of that being travel. Obviously there will be people that like the side quest content, but by the time you actually get passed Act 1, which will most likely turn people off as you are an errand boy for hours on end, and the god awful combat button mashing system (once you figure out there is little strategy with killing anything and it doesn't matter what ability you throw at a mob) you will be so fucking sick of the game you'll not bother with any side quest content and will just want to hurry up and finish the disaster to see your ending. Which I will laugh when people here see it.

This game is a marketing campaign with tons of fluff content to meet the marketing criteria when it comes to talking about hours played/game length. That's all.

khalid

Unelected Mod
If the combat is anything like DA:2, then it will only be button mashing on the easier difficulties. We will see I guess.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
LOL, you know hes just itching to buy this!
No way.
smile.png
In fact after the Assassin's Creed Unity debacle we are seeing now, I cancelled my preorder of Far Cry 4 and am going to wait for (consumer) reviews. Only thing I am looking forward to now is WoD and the Hearthstone expansion. And hopefully Far Cry 4 doesn't turn out to be as big of a mess as Assassin's Creed Unity is.
frown.png
This doesn't look to be a very good holiday gaming season. Unity bombed, DA:I is a marketing sham, GTA 5 I am sure will be good but I am growing very tired of HD remake cash ins, Evil Within sucked..

This holiday season is an absolute fucking joke.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Releasing reviews a week early, almost all entirely positive = marketing sham in Utland.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
At least Far Cry 4 review embargo lifts Friday 11-14-14. I know it doesn't mean much but its better than what AC:U did.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Releasing reviews a week early, almost all entirely positive = marketing sham in Utland.
Because this happens oh so regularly. Hi Trainwreck. Either you get free "Product Awareness" in your paid for reviews and there is magically no embargo (Except for 80% of the sites that magically do not have their reviews up yet... Like Giant Bomb, who are busy trashing the fuck out of it right now) or there is magically an embargo and a "Well, geewiz Danny, we didn't shop the review copies out until the day before launch! We want them to get the full experience!" (Destiny)

It's comical at this point.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Well, what should they have done? Releasing reviews early, giving some youtubers access, showing 30-40 minutes of playtime. I mean, outside of just giving everyone a long playable demo, it doesn't seem they could do much more.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
No way.
smile.png
In fact after the Assassin's Creed Unity debacle we are seeing now, I cancelled my preorder of Far Cry 4 and am going to wait for (consumer) reviews. Only thing I am looking forward to now is WoD and the Hearthstone expansion. And hopefully Far Cry 4 doesn't turn out to be as big of a mess as Assassin's Creed Unity is.
frown.png
This doesn't look to be a very good holiday gaming season. Unity bombed, DA:I is a marketing sham, GTA 5 I am sure will be good but I am growing very tired of HD remake cash ins, Evil Within sucked..

It is too bad #gamergate is about ethics in journalism and not about the absolutely buggy mess of "AAA" products that are being released!

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
DA:I is a marketing sham

I am a hopeful skeptic towards it. The fact that they have dropped review embargo for everyone a week before release seems to indicate a belief that their product is good. TB mentioned the same in his video on review embargoes now.

I will most likely buy it.

Not really concerned about the holiday season. Been so many decent RPGs released in the past few months that my backlog is huge.

And Lords of Xulima releases this Friday. RPG goodness for dozens and dozens of hours (apparently around 80-90 hours long).