Dragon Age: Inquisition (Plot Details in Spoilers!)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Because EA thinks that Moddable games chew into their DLC sales.
Which is annoying because I believe Bethesda made tons of sales from Skyrim/Fallout3 DLC. It's just their DLC is actually valuable content that can't be made by interns. Meanwhile all the bullshit small-time microtransaction DLC they shit out for other games would just be background noise amidst all the Skyrim mods.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Speaking of Dog...
The loyal Mabari hound will not appear in 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' - National Console Game | Examiner.com

This is the worst.
frown.png

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
/\/\ Don't worry, I am sure they will come out with the Dog Pack for $1.99.

Which is annoying because I believe Bethesda made tons of sales from Skyrim/Fallout3 DLC. It's just their DLC is actually valuable content that can't be made by interns. Meanwhile all the bullshit small-time microtransaction DLC they shit out for other games would just be background noise amidst all the Skyrim mods.
Yeah it's pretty bad. When it comes to EA games, the public can do it better anyway when it comes to DLC. (Bethesda puts out some very nice content for DLC). I look at things like the Battlefield mods that were awesome back in the day before EA acquired DICE and stopped it. If DA:I was heavily moddable, I would even purchase it knowing the community would develop the game and tweak it to RPG fans besides this button mash quaff potion fest with little strategy to the bosses.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I aint even fucking joking, I'm pretty bummed about this. It never even occurred to me that they wouldn't give me a dog. Hell, I even got a robotic dog in ME3. Why Bioware, why??

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Because they're going to sell you a $5 dog pack. I'd never take the dog over another companion, but it's shit like that that makes me glad I'm waiting to play this for a few months so I can play the full game and not half of it.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
If I am looking to get the basic PC copy of this, anyone know the best way to pre-order this? I shouldn't have to ask if this was on steam. (mumbles) fucking EA

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
If I am looking to get the basic PC copy of this, anyone know the best way to pre-order this? I shouldn't have to ask if this was on steam. (mumbles) fucking EA
Ask for a torrent link and pirate the shit out of it.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Lol I am one with the VPN and "the bay" but I am mostly buying this for the multiplayer and I am assuming you need a legit copy to do so.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Because they're going to sell you a $5 dog pack. I'd never take the dog over another companion, but it's shit like that that makes me glad I'm waiting to play this for a few months so I can play the full game and not half of it.
This. I don't post in this thread because I don't like shitting on other peoples hype. But unless it's the second coming of Jesus I'm waiting for GOTY. My opinion of games like Saints Row would be vastly different if I had to pay 1.99-3.99 for the literally 50 different add on packs they released. Instead of paying 80 bucks for a game and season pass that's being updated every 8 days I wait 6 months and get a complete game for 29.99-39.99

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah those aren't really microtransactions, it's just a way to bilk a little extra money out of idiots.

In ME3 multi I have every single rare at level 10 and I have every single ultrarare except for maybe one or two of the n-7 weapons. I never bought a single booster pack with cash.

khorum

Murder Apologist
They milked the fuck out of those blister packs in ME3's multiplayer too, don't think they didn't. Remember the constant "bonus weekends" they did to push people into grinding for rare spectre packs and whatnot? They incentivized spending more into the blister packs by making it so upgrading rare weapons was only really possible by getting more of the same cards via rare packs.

It was a positive feedback loop since Gold+ difficulty missions later depended on rare characters with rare upgraded weapons to farm efficiently--and since the missions were PvE noone really complained that the entire process was essentially pay-to-win.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
It was a positive feedback loop since Gold+ difficulty missions later depended on rare characters with rare upgraded weapons to farm efficiently--and since the missions were PvE noone really complained that the entire process was essentially pay-to-win.
Ding. We have a winner.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Uh, yeah maybe if you suck. That game was easy enough without paying for anything.

If companies set up ways for idiots to subsidize the cost of the servers, fine by me.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
They milked the fuck out of those blister packs in ME3's multiplayer too, don't think they didn't. Remember the constant "bonus weekends" they did to push people into grinding for rare spectre packs and whatnot? They incentivized spending more into the blister packs by making it so upgrading rare weapons was only really possible by getting more of the same cards via rare packs.

This is a joke post right? For the first couple months or longer (I forget when exactly it was nerfed) you could easily farm gold in subpar gear as long as you had 1 salarian engineer. Good old Firebase White Geth farms. Couple months after that when I came back, the powergame for farming was Firebase Dagger Platinum runs with a Juggernaut tanking. Or if you were in a real shit group/nobody had a Juggernaut, you could do platinums on Firebase Rio, and just use the cargo container with an ammo box inside that's too small for any sync killers except Phantoms to get inside.

That's not even addressing the credit glitch by repeatedly farming wave 10 of gold/platinum and then migrating to a different host to do it again.

Considering how expensive the packs were with MS points, you would have had to spend an absolutely appalling amount of cash.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Well, they don't need microtransactions for that. They just set up idiots to subsidize their servers by convincing them to buy their next game despite shitting on their consumers for the last two releases.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Well, they don't need microtransactions for that. They just set up idiots to subsidize their servers by convincing them to buy their next game despite shitting on their consumers for the last two releases.
Ding. That's two gold medals today for Khorum.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Ding. That's two gold medals today for Khorum.
Fairly sure that according to you now, I just won the special olympics medal
smile.png
I just pre-ordered the digital deluxe edition on PS4 (deluxe and regular are the same price for some reason) a few minutes ago.

Watched a stream for a little bit and ... I want it. When it comes to large fantasy rpgs I am like a 14 year old CoD bro. They churn them out, I buy them. Don't think I've bought a CoD game since CoD2, but can't remember the last time I didn't buy a large scale RPG, especially an AAA one.