Dragon Age: Inquisition (Plot Details in Spoilers!)

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Fairly sure that according to you now, I just won the special olympics medal
smile.png
I just pre-ordered the digital deluxe edition on PS4 (deluxe and regular are the same price for some reason) a few minutes ago.

Watched a stream for a little bit and ... I want it. When it comes to large fantasy rpgs I am like a 14 year old CoD bro. They churn them out, I buy them. Don't think I've bought a CoD game since CoD2, but can't remember the last time I didn't buy a large scale RPG, especially an AAA one.
Don't forget to get an extra controller so when you burn through the four buttons on the right and are holding down R2 the entire time for autoattacking, you have a controller on standby to trade this in after your disgust and buy GTA 5.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Id have done that on xb1 w/ EA access but picked up PC instead. The last PC game i played was Divinity so its time to put it to use again, how long does that DA:Keep thing take to do? Or does it REALLY make that big of a difference?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It was a positive feedback loop since Gold+ difficulty missions later depended on rare characters with rare upgraded weapons to farm efficiently--and since the missions were PvE noone really complained that the entire process was essentially pay-to-win.
What? When I played (beta and first couple months or so of release) gold difficulty could be done quickly and efficiently with basic weapons and no special group setup.

The packs you could buy were generally uneconomical too, they were priced way too high to be considered an option. And unlike other games where you could pay $$$ and get a somewhat different game experience (archeage for example!), buying packs was basically self defeating. You either enjoyed the game from day 1 with your intro weapons and enjoyed slowly building it up or you didn't. This is because it was PvE like you say. If it was PvP and you were getting iced by everyone with their black widows it'd be different.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The only people who had an edge in ME3 multi were the people who won the lottery with an N7 Valiant or the Black Widow. The Black Widow could come from normal specter packs, but until the very last 'we arent supporting me3 multi anymore' patch, the only place to get N7 weapons was from N7 event packs.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Digital Deluxe = No trade-in.
Yup, but wouldn't have been able to trade it in anyway. Only store I have ever seen do trade ins in Norway is the capital, Gamestop or somesuch, and they give horrible trade in deals. None of those stores around where I live now.

Do have 2 PS4 controllers though so should be good even if one gets worn out
smile.png

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The only people who had an edge in ME3 multi were the people who won the lottery with an N7 Valiant or the Black Widow. The Black Widow could come from normal specter packs, but until the very last 'we arent supporting me3 multi anymore' patch, the only place to get N7 weapons was from N7 event packs.
Yep. For me personally getting the Black Widow upped my game like 30-40% compared to the widow.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yup, but wouldn't have been able to trade it in anyway. Only store I have ever seen do trade ins in Norway is the capital, Gamestop or somesuch, and they give horrible trade in deals. None of those stores around where I live now.

Do have 2 PS4 controllers though so should be good even if one gets worn out
smile.png
You are a disgrace to Norway. (And I am an 8th Norweigan so I take offense.) I am going to call on the government of Norway to ban the imports of all PS4 Controllers, and for the government to seize your existing PS4 controller, so when it comes time that you are tired of the combat and your console implodes seeking new life as a smart device, you will be able to do the back math and at least play imaginary games with your PS4 controller and pretend to press the buttons, that are now a sunder.

I'll use an equation... T+M(-D) Where T is the time you place the game into your console. M are the minutes played, and D is the level of disgust with the entire game measured on a scale of one to ten which will be a constant of 10 on a scale of 1 to 10).

So let's say you start playing at 12pm for 100 minutes. 12+100 * (-10) ... So 1,200 minutes ago, your console will fail to start. So basically as soon as you show up with the game in your hand, your console will implode before you get to play. Which will be doing you a favor.

Viva la Norway.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ok so I played Dragon Age 2 again to try out the DLCs. Well the Mark of the Assassin and Legacy were both very good.

Sadly being forcefed Social Justice Mage (SJM) whining the entire game by Chris Kluwe was so painful that I'm having a hard time trying to wrap the end up( or keeping my food down.)

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok so I played Dragon Age 2 again to try out the DLCs. Well the Mark of the Assassin and Legacy were both very good.

Sadly being forcefed Social Justice Mage (SJM) whining the entire game by Chris Kluwe was so painful that I'm having a hard time trying to wrap the end up( or keeping my food down.)
I tried to warn you last night.

Along with Droigan's PS4, your PS3 will probably join it in console heaven.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Live stream of some game play.

Dragon Age: Inquisition - Now Playing - GameSpot

Noticed he stealthed and moved behind and enemy. Looked like he pushed it without any reaction. Stealth also looks absolute he was pretty close to enemies and they didn't react.

Looks more like never winter 2 or something similar than open world like Skyrim. Quest puts icon on map, open Map, select icon, auto port to that icon, complete closed in area, go to exit and repeat. Meh. The city haven looks like the "open" area.

I think they've killed 5 enemies in the last 15 minutes.

Stealth is OP. AI is retarded.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Not yet, although you occasionally run through an old map to unlock that blocked door with your key of biggus dickus quest reward for more loot/boss fights etc.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Have there been any complaints about rehashed environments?
The 4 they showed in the stream were different. Looked OK if closed in. Some looked open but it's just a path as usual. Just wish these companies would make a world instead of sperate zones you port into. Tired of it by now.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I don't mind separate zones. the cost of an open world just isn't worth it for most RPGs imo.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I don't mind separate zones. the cost of an open world just isn't worth it for most RPGs imo.
TES does it so well that no one will ever match it.

Oh that's one thing Kedwyn brings up, and that is the AI. The common excuse for this will be they are playing on the easiest difficulty. It doesn't matter. And there are no varying special abilities (Which there should be) coming from an activated pool of abilities when difficulty is increased. Just more HP and more damage to you. That's it. And with a button mash RPG in which the only strategy there is, is making sure you take down ranged NPC's before Melee, all it means is make sure you have higher stats before you start.

A lot of people are about to be had. And it isn't going to be good. But maybe it... nah. Who am I kidding. It will be the same when DA:4 comes out.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I realize that TES or FO type games are expensive and take forever to make. Not a realistic bar for all RPGs but with this being one of the larger AAA titles I think its within the realm of expectations.

What I'm tired of is these maps they give you which are fucking worthless, only show you an icon you click, you instantly port to this zone which might be pretty but is linear as all fuck. Nothing off the beaten path just a little trail you'll follow as you weave around the zone, killing shit in order to fulfill some objective. Sorry but after decades of this its getting a little old.

You can have a game with zones and still make it feel like a world. EQ did it forever ago I think its a realistic bar that AAA titles can at least attempt to not phone in their world design in 2014.

How about making the world a little interesting. I don't mind fast travel but how about sending me through some areas first with interesting POI's, some quests and some dungeons as I go about my main mission? Let me fast travel after I get there and saw the interesting shit on the way. You can send me up north but just don't port me there and stick me in this zone with a pre determined path to take. Shit its not that hard to throw a couple of large caves, some intel or POI info, some lore on a dead traveler or maybe a side quest in these zones. There are enough cliche D&D quests to fill 100 games, no originality needed. Just stop with the cookie cutter zones already.

Heaven forbid the world didn't amount to me wandering around between some hills, mountains or other obstacle on some shitty dirt path with about 20 meters of space on each side as I kill 2 or 4 things at a time in set increments.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
BG1 also had a zone based game that felt like a world, and is the direct ancestor of DA3, so there's really no excuse for this:
leveldesignclassic.jpg