Dragon Age: Inquisition (Plot Details in Spoilers!)

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
You are going to see roughly a 25 hour campaign with 175 hours worth of bear ass quests to fill the gaps in a dynamically generated shallow state of affairs making the world about as bland as it ever has been. 80k lines of dialogue where the majority of that is filler without substance in the voice acting across major plot characters.
Wait, so you played it or got some leet infoz? Curious if you do or just guessing. I am still going to get as 25 hours for 60 buck is absolutely worth it for me and I like the DA universe.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wait, so you played it or got some leet infoz? Curious if you do or just guessing. I am still going to get as 25 hours for 60 buck is absolutely worth it for me and I like the DA universe.
Honestly, I'm assuming he's just taking Skyrim's timeframe and assuming it's basically Skyrim - pretty sure Skyrim took me right around 20-25 hrs but then another 150+ of just dicking around getting extra stuff done in the world.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
After ME3's awesome multiplayer I think that's all I'm going to play on this game. If anyone else is looking to group up let me know, a friend and I are going to go pretty hard at it after launch.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I can't hear Utnayan over the barrel of Bioware koolaid I've dunked my head into. Super hyped!

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
After MEL'S awesome multiplayer I think that's all I'm going to play on this game. If anyone else is looking to group up let me know, a friend and I are going to go pretty hard at it after launch.
MEL? That some bizarre way of saying ME3?

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Holy shit, I did not realize this was going to have ME3 style multiplayer. This will probably be worth it for that alone.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Surely this can't be shittier than Destiny... right? RIGHT??? I'm pretty pumped to play this as well.

Disp_sl

shitlord
Have they released any info. on how long the Co-Op campaign is gonna be? Can't find anything online other than saying the level cap is 20.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
You are going to see roughly a 25 hour campaign with 175 hours worth of bear ass quests to fill the gaps in a dynamically generated shallow state of affairs making the world about as bland as it ever has been. 80k lines of dialogue where the majority of that is filler without substance in the voice acting across major plot characters.

Sorry done with the derail. I have given my two cents. See you folks a few weeks after release.
Dude. We all buy these games for the romance subplots. You left out the best part!

If I get a good 30 hours of fun gameplay, I'm golden. If anything my only gripe right now is I'll have to go through Origins, which isn't a big deal. I really wish EA would torpedo their service and go back to Steam, though.

I'm intrigued by the MP, but not sure about the replayability. Then again, I am still playing D3 and this is a huge step up from that.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
As disappointed as I ultimately was with ME3, I still ended up getting well over a hundred hours of gameplay in multiplayer, maybe even closer to 200. If the DAI multiplayer is even remotely comparable to ME3 multiplayer, it would make it a worthwhile purchase for me.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'll wait to see but ME3 had incredible multiplayer because the gameplay was so fun, it's hard to imagine the gameplay being that compelling in a DA style game.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
As disappointed as I ultimately was with ME3, I still ended up getting well over a hundred hours of gameplay in multiplayer, maybe even closer to 200. If the DAI multiplayer is even remotely comparable to ME3 multiplayer, it would make it a worthwhile purchase for me.
Same here overall I much prefered ME2 for the game itself but I played more of the ME3 multiplayer than I would have ever guessed in my wildest fever dreams. I played that thing a couple hours a night for damn near 8 months. I cannot even explain why I liked it as much as I did.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I've been pouring over all the details of the MP and it's ME3 style (4 players, tiered packs, currency, leveling) and has a CoD or DDO prestige/true res feature for extra stats. Instead of a horde mode type gameplay it'll be dungeon crawling. So basically what pantheon is trying to be but no tradeable drops. The items you don't want can be broken down for crafting components and MP has a similar crafting system to the SP, though the recipes are supposedly different. Crafting will also allow you to unlock locked classes and other shit.

Forgot to mention all the DLC for it will be free like ME3's mp dlc.

MP info via GameInformer

BioWare MP FAQ

Video on MP stuff

Video by GameInformer on MP

MP classes

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I shouldn't have clicked this thread, now I am all fricking fired up again and still two weeks to go. Bah.

Caliane

No. I am a realist. DA2 was an abortion. All the folks that made Bioware what it is are gone. In it's place you have a hype machine and viral hype hired by EA to continue said viral hype. I hope I am wrong. We will see in a few weeks. I do not trust the name brand anymore, and quite honestly, neither should anyone else. My prediction is a mediocre RPG that will leave a lot of people disgruntled again for another 3-4 years until EA/Bioware Shell marketing takes off again for another game that they "learned their mistakes from".

I have decided after the Destiny fiasco and DA2 with regards to this title, that I will wait for a minimum of 3 weeks. It takes about 2 weeks (Retail launch window where marketing dollars are spent virally) for everything to turn from either rosy opinions and continued play, or a hard look at what the game really is and being pissed off they were suckered again.

I loved Dragon Age Origins. Dragon Age 2 was an abortion of a game, and they should be giving discounts to DA:I for anyone that purchased DA2 as an apology. Obviously that won't happen.

Everyone here should be cautiously aware of the bullshit spin that has happened already with regards to their marketing efforts the passed few months. There has been lots of spin and conjecture that was called out on and then reframed in a new message a week or so later by EA employees backtracking on what they had said before after their messages and hype were not well received by the community (Hundreds of endings, for starters - later recanted)

Regardless, I hope I am wrong. But I am not spending $60 to find out. I'll let you jump on the digital grenade for me first. Thanks for that
smile.png
Far Cry 4 gets my $60 in this launch window. Far Cry 3 was one of the best games I had played and had an enormous amount of fun with it. Had DA:I been a follow up to DA:O, I'd probably buy both. But being burned by DA2 and seeing Bioware shelled to death by EA, no chance this go around. Everything from this organization now goes under the microscope until they prove otherwise. Anyways, just my two cents. I'll continue to read after launch to see what people think. Post 2 weeks.

Edit: The embargo for this game is up on November 12th. That means one of two things: 1) They are very confident in their title. 2) They paid off the same major news outlets the same way they did with DA2, because we all know what happened with that.
yeah. I can not fathom how anyone can buy anything from Bioware sight unseen. With the shitstrom of GG, and Biowares track record. are you people out of your minds? Why are you feeding this shitshow?
Just.. wait 2 weeks, ffs. Better yet, a month.

Valyk Chronicles is coming to steam on the 11th. why don't you play that first?

Honestly, not even just Bioware. Any and all games. Stop buying Day1 on anything that is not an MMO.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well on the upside, they're dropping the review embargo before the actual release of the game, which lately is a bit uncommon. So there's that. On the other hand a lot of DA2 reviews were good, so wouldn't put too much weight into them.

I'll definitely buy day1 stuff though, not everything, but some stuff. I bought day1 Legend of Grimrock 2 and it was great, just as I expected it to be. I'll buy day1 Bloodborne and Witcher 3, and I doubt I'll be disappointed either. This, no.