Dragon Age: Inquisition (Plot Details in Spoilers!)

an accordion_sl

shitlord
PC runs it fine (though the load times are atrocious for whatever reason), I just don't like the PC controls and would rather play it from a couch on a big TV.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
30FPS fix is putting -GameTime.MaxSimFps 60 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 60+ in your launch commands to force 60FPS even during cutscenes(which are capped at 30 because shitty engine or whatever they said). But yeah it results in issues during the multiplayer, there was a reddit thread about that.

As for open mic, from what I've read, it's a big nope atm. It's like they forgot they had the option in ME3 and didn't bother. Open mic all day everyday.

Disp_sl

shitlord
That sucks. Played 2 pickup multiplayer games so far cause my friends aren't on yet, and have to listen to fucking neckbeards breathing into the mic.

Ok you can mute players, so that's nice at least.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
I was having some FPS drops in weird places (PC). Turning off the Origin overlay seems to have fixed it. Just a PSA.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I don't care about the multiplayer. Is the game worth getting for the play through?

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm about 10hrs in and I am loving it. No deal breaking issues as of yet, some minor quality of life gripes, bleh stuff, nothing major. Stuff that should be second nature to a major studio by now, but I'm enjoying the gameplay a ton. Definitely something to play with a controller, get it console, and enjoy it on the couch. Visuals are great, so far I'm enjoying the story, think I'm gonna reroll a Warrior, but it's got me hooked.

My biggest complaint is the character creation. It is impossible to make a character face that doesn't look derp as fuck at one angle or another, and they show case a lot of random face angles during the story/dialog sequences. Slop something together and slap a helmet on it. I've toyed with Human and Elf, took one look at the Qunarie nope nope nope, but haven't looked at dwarves. How do all these mother fuckers have bottles of lip gloss at all times? Applied with a damn roller.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Im still in hinterlands at 10hours in.
Same, got the East cleared except for Dragon in the NE corner, center is clear except for Redcliffe in the North, working on the west now. Fuck going to Orlais to start the story missions, I got Hinterlands to patrol!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
If it makes you feel better it reads like someone who hasn't played it yet and is just still salty about DA2.
Except on SA, where one would expect more grassroots, there are major complaints. From the boring button mash combat, to the lack luster story. And if there is anyone in this thread that thinks the story is awesome without even played through the first 12 hours they are full of shit. The first 12 hours are fetch/fed ex quests for about 80% of the that time, and the story no where near picks up until Act 2. With that said, after Act 2 is does pick up - but it is still a mediocre story at it's very best. Anyway, I will bring the voice of reason - since there are some other things I have seen in this thread that aren't anywhere near the truth.

* You do not need to play DA1 or DA2. The story, while tiedVERY MINIMALLY, does not hinge upon anything that has happened in the past. And the few characters you do run into from past games are nothing more than cameo side quests. You can catch up on any of the minimalist story arc by reading a quick wiki or reading your codec.

* If button smashing combat is your thing without a lot of strategy/tactics when approaching bosses and monsters, most definitely buy it on console (PS4 or Xbox One) and stay away from the PC version, which has game crippling bugs and constant issues - and most definitely is not meant to be played with a KB/M and the UI is atrocious.

* Do not expect to be able to control anyone in your party other than giving one command at a time, which is very useless in the fast paced combat.

* The atmosphere of the game itself has never been a problem, in fact, it was very cool to look at a lot of the time. Albeit completely ruined by horrible character animations.

* If you are playing the PC version, be prepared to have that character you so artfully created and spent hours on (If that is your thing, more power to you) completely morph into something else during a cut scene.

* Be prepared for a lot of crap all over your map with horrible pacing and none of it really mattering that much since most of it will not be remembered.

With those expectations set, and you still think you will have fun with a mindless action RPG for a while, the game is most definitely for you. This game is RPG meets Call of Duty with some technical glitches akin to Unity. The story is mediocre, the content was mostly dynamically generated save the story missions, but you will never run out of anything to do - especially when you look at your map and see 56 markers all over the map without any cohesion or reason for doing them other than you need to gain some levels. Which also may suit people.

If you are looking for a strong RPG with tactical and strategic combat and a strong immersive world and very good story, Divinity Original Sin if you have not picked it up,. is the game for you. But it is also much slower paced and more for traditional RPG fans.

Caliane

Except on SA, where one would expect more grassroots, there are major complaints. From the boring button mash combat, to the lack luster story. And if there is anyone in this thread that thinks the story is awesome without even played through the first 12 hours they are full of shit. The first 12 hours are fetch/fed ex quests for about 80% of the that time, and the story no where near picks up until Act 2. With that said, after Act 2 is does pick up - but it is still a mediocre story at it's very best. Anyway, I will bring the voice of reason - since there are some other things I have seen in this thread that aren't anywhere near the truth.

* You do not need to play DA1 or DA2. The story, while tiedVERY MINIMALLY, does not hinge upon anything that has happened in the past. And the few characters you do run into from past games are nothing more than cameo side quests. You can catch up on any of the minimalist story arc by reading a quick wiki or reading your codec.

* If button smashing combat is your thing without a lot of strategy/tactics when approaching bosses and monsters, most definitely buy it on console (PS4 or Xbox One) and stay away from the PC version, which has game crippling bugs and constant issues - and most definitely is not meant to be played with a KB/M and the UI is atrocious.

* Do not expect to be able to control anyone in your party other than giving one command at a time, which is very useless in the fast paced combat.

* The atmosphere of the game itself has never been a problem, in fact, it was very cool to look at a lot of the time. Albeit completely ruined by horrible character animations.

* If you are playing the PC version, be prepared to have that character you so artfully created and spent hours on (If that is your thing, more power to you) completely morph into something else during a cut scene.

* Be prepared for a lot of crap all over your map with horrible pacing and none of it really mattering that much since most of it will not be remembered.

With those expectations set, and you still think you will have fun with a mindless action RPG for a while, the game is most definitely for you. This game is RPG meets Call of Duty with some technical glitches akin to Unity. The story is mediocre, the content was mostly dynamically generated save the story missions, but you will never run out of anything to do - especially when you look at your map and see 56 markers all over the map without any cohesion or reason for doing them other than you need to gain some levels. Which also may suit people.

If you are looking for a strong RPG with tactical and strategic combat and a strong immersive world and very good story, Divinity Original Sin if you have not picked it up,. is the game for you. But it is also much slower paced and more for traditional RPG fans.
so you bought it?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ut: On your complaints.
1) Definitely not true playing a dual wield rogue on Nightmare at all - tactics aren't a concern against common respawning trash but against anything with a few levels on me (even trash) or any sort of boss tactics are a must. And absolutely don't just mash a single button.
2) Uh, tactical menu does this - occasionally they're locked out for a few seconds because they've already got an action queued but that's fixable by adjusting their AI options to not use long cast time abilities if you find it bothersome.
3) During combat perhaps they're off - I'm not concerned about animations outside of noncombat areas, I've got combat to concern myself with during those times.
4) Not on PC - on PS4 it definitely doesn't happen though - only difference in cutscenes is my face is less "shiny" sometimes probably just light catching the skin differently.
5) Wife is rushing through, I'm spending alot of time on sidequests - if you stick straight to the main story the pacing looks pretty nice, the pacing does seem odd if you focus on completionist stuff while going through each area though. But then again, almost every open world (or semi-open world in this case) game suffers from that to a degree. It's the nature of open world games with a primary story tagged on - the two concepts are inherently at odds to a degree.

Oops missed the DA1/2 thing - that's pretty much true, very little would confuse you outside of just learning about the world in general. Red lyrium is the only real specific thing and that's covered quite well if you chat with Varric at the first opportunity.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Well, you can say "all kinds of stuff to do without any reason" and see it as a negative, or you can see it as being an open-world game where you get to choose what you want to do or not.

I'm not going to pretend to be open-minded about this though. I'm fucking loving it and I have loved all the Dragon Ages. I just bought a frame for my collectors edition poster and will be putting it on the wall of my office when it comes in.

*takes swig of Bioware-approved Koolaid*

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well, you can say "all kinds of stuff to do without any reason" and see it as a negative, or you can see it as being an open-world game where you get to choose what you want to do or not.
Right, it's a complaint that basically applies to ANY open world game that also has a primary story attached to it. It's a very lazy complaint that applies to an entire genre.