Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Downloading Dragon's Dogma right now since I got bored out of my gourd with AC Syndicate. I still don't know what the story in that game is supposed to be out...

turbo

Molten Core Raider
i never have played this before but downloaded for shits. Not sure if there is any advantage to online pawn thingy or friends etc but if so how do I steal and pillage your pawns?!?!?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
i never have played this before but downloaded for shits. Not sure if there is any advantage to online pawn thingy or friends etc but if so how do I steal and pillage your pawns?!?!?
There was a large community of people who helped each other using pawns. You could send unidentified loot through them and other goods via using a friends pawn and leveling it it.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
So far I only have 1 complaint: on a 16x10 monitor the game is letterboxed to 16x9.

Decided to try playing a caster this time around and it's not a fun as melee or archer was. Will give it some more time before I decide if I want to change though.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
The best part about playing a caster is that your basic attacks home in on enemies. You can do a -lot- more damage in a smaller timeframe with a melee/ranged physical setup vs. what you can do with a charged spell. But the homing is really nice for wolves/harpies/fast moving enemies.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
The homing is nice, but fast moving enemies still dodge plenty if moving laterally. I think I just mainly miss climbing up on enemies and carving their eyes out.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Magick Archer was nice before, going pure Assassin this time just for the thrill of gouging out eyes.

Combining - Dragon's Dogma Wiki - Wikia- Crafting guide is useful - make sure you visit the quest boards in the starting city and the encampment - also after you kill the hydra be sure to go back to starting city.

Cant seem to find out how to rid myself of these huge black borders on the side :/

Column_sl

shitlord
Just curious is anyone new playing Dragon's Dogma, or any return players doing their second run?

I love this game, it is the perfect D&Dish dungeon crawl to me. Everything just looks amazing now on the PC. I never noticed how bad ass the magic ,and everything else was till now.

Also I think I have over 24 hours on it, and I've yet to run into any bugs on the port. That is pretty good translation to me. I'm so used to so many bugs on the PC versions.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
The game looks a bit cloudy/misty on my PC. It looks like that crappy old school bloom but I can't find how to turn it off? Anyone know a mod to turn this off? First time here so just getting into it.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Set HDR to low. I can't wait for the Wyrmking's Ring, I had all but forgotten about the stupid cast times on the MK buffs. If there's ever going to be a sequel I sure hope buffs last longer/don't take ages to cast all the time, it just kills the flow of battle.

Column_sl

shitlord
Turn off Depth of Field. That is what is causing all the blurriness.

Then set everything to max with the render distance also max

Randin

Trakanon Raider
So far I only have 1 complaint: on a 16x10 monitor the game is letterboxed to 16x9.

Decided to try playing a caster this time around and it's not a fun as melee or archer was. Will give it some more time before I decide if I want to change though.
I enjoyed playing a caster back when I played the game, but I will just warn you (and anyone else that tries a caster): when you fight a golem, you're going to hate your fucking life.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Put about 90 hours or so into the PS3 version, loaded this up, loved how it looked and played but couldn't bring myself to level up another guy. For how great the game is I am burned out by the mechanics of everything from leveling up guys to how boss fights work.

Above makes me sad because I was really looking forward to this port.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I've actually never played this, so bought it on Steam just now on a whim - any tips for a total noob?

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
So is it normal to swap pawns for optimal party make up depending on what quest you are working on? I kinda grown attached to a one of them despite being kinda gimpy. Also how do mob levels work in this game? Do they scale to your level? Oh can you swap out main and secondary weapons? Like make my current secondary weapon my main instead.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Mobs do not seem to scale an you can run into tough monsters if you go far off track - Pawns that you pick up at random do not level with you so you will have to swap them out every few levels or else they will get wrecked.