Dresden Files

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
According to his website he is still writing it so we are easy 9 months away from a release at minimum.

Has anyone read the new anthology that came out in December? I had no idea it released but just purchased it on my Kindle :)

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I just wanted to say fuck Jim Butcher for taking forever on this book.

• 1Solidarity

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you enjoy these books I highly recommend The Nate Temple books by Shayne Silvers. It's a similar genre but totally different take on the modern wizard in America. Well worth the read.

Malkav

French Madman
And here I thought the thread was bumped because a release date was announced for next volume.

Woe is me.

• 1Solidarity

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Summer 2018 is the new short story anthology. Brief Cases or something like that.

Malkav

French Madman
He should just get back to fucking writing Peace Talks god damn it.
Started re-reading the whole thing once more while waiting, currently at Grave Peril.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Yeah I started a re-read a month or so ago, then stopped at Summer Knight when I realized I'd probably finish Skin Game and still be waiting to hear a release date.

• 1Solidarity

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't read all the magazines and other short story compilations that his work is a part of so it's like 10 new stories for me :)

He is more excited about his other world for now. I'd rather he didn't write for Dresden then write a piece of garbage he doesn't have his heart in.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
I'd be cool with that if his steampunk stuff wasn't so awful. I don't set the bar very high and I still couldn't get more than 1/3 or a so of the way through that book.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I'd be cool with that if his steampunk stuff wasn't so awful. I don't set the bar very high and I still couldn't get more than 1/3 or a so of the way through that book.
That’s abour how far I made it. Was truly bad

• 1Solidarity

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I haven't read it but the other series he wrote about elemental magic and shit was regarded very highly by the person that got me into the Dresden Files.

Rime

<Donor>
Codex Alera was pretty good. It got real weird, real fast, but it was a satisfactory series. Cinder Spires is hot garbage.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Alera was good, Cinder Spires, just didn't have that ...Hook, the Potential is there, the world itself potentially is there for a good series, just the characters didn't "do it" for me.

dresden has the hook in the main char. and the side chars were fleshed out well.
Alera the world was good, the premise was good (even though he says he wrote the first book on a dare/bet)
Cinder Spires, the WORLD imo is good, the CHARACTERS/story however wasn't. and we read books for the story & characters.

• 1Like