Dresden Files

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Seems have a few bit of people that are picking these up and reading them, should prolly spoiler that for those that haven't read them yet.
If they haven't read the books mentioned, they won't have a clue what he's talking about anyhow.

Let's say you've read up to Dead Beat and you read how Cowl kicks Harry's ass, well.. it's not the first time something kicked Dresdens ass, at least somewhat.. even if you spoiler the line Morgan says in Turncoat "Well, it's no donut." unless you've actually read one of the previous books you won't know what the hell is going on until you do. So those spoilers, were.. mild. If you spoiler someone the newest season of CSI by telling him it's about a group of people who solve criminal cases you'd come about as close to what Lenardo has written.

There's so much detail in the books that one line can't simply recap everything. Except the growing escalation of things up the ladder from bad to worse that something is going on. Which, you catch the drift in Fool moon if not before.

Oh, Lenardo, I loved that part too, especially with Butters saying "Hey, could we swing by my bosses neighbourhood? He keeps bragging about this new car of his..."
biggrin.png

biggrin.png

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Hell, I've forgotten details and have had to endure friends dropping nerd-bombs on me quite a few times.

I found the books enjoyable but it seems pretty easy to miss a lot of the details if you only read through them once, and I'm not sure I'm ever going to read through them again. I also haven't read the most recent book, but I'll get around to it eventually. Also not worried about spoilers because I doubt I'd remember whatever details were specifically spoiled by the time I read the last book anyways.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No one who is worried about spoilers will go through the entire list and then act shocked they read spoilers, true. On the other hand you don't earn any particular special internet tough guy points by not spoilering it out of some tiny shred of courtesy and then acting like a dick about it.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Sorry, just rustles my jimmies when people go into a thread on a subject then get "offended" by finding details about that subject in said thread. The title didn't say No Spoilers after all.

Seventh

Golden Squire
Late to the party here, but I picked up the first one of these about two weeks ago and just started on the 6th one. The one I'm on now opens up with Dresden running out of a burning building, carrying a box of puppies, and being chased by demon monkeys who throw flaming shit at him.

This stuff is great, haha. Defintely a fun read.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The books get um... decidedly more serious as the series progresses, but I like the flow. Never read the Harry Potter books, but I'm told they were the same way.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Dresden books just get better as Butcher writes more and more books. Harry Potter was written to age with the audience. Both are good though.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
read the article. zombie trex book scene was his favorite. Spoiler-

next book is our favorite denarian.... Nico.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
spoiler for those that want to know Basically what the next book is about.

Mab owes and is owed debts. she hates being in debt and pays off said debts when she can...this time around mab repays her debt to our favorite denarian- nico. she "loans" harry to nico to help nico pull a bank heist,,,in hades.
fun ensues.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Interview with him, some spoilery talk about book 15. I guess, I ain't listening I'm just sharing.

http://archeddoorway.com/2013/04/12/...h-jim-butcher/
Nice find. There's some talk in there too about his new steampunk series,The Cinder Spires. It'll be more like Codex Alera with multiple viewpoints and it's influenced by Firefly:

[Jim Butcher's beta readers] think it's pretty great, it's kind of "Hornblower" meets "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen", it's very focused on the characters, with very strong influence from Firefly I think.

R: Awesome.

J: Yeah, if you're going to steal from somewhere, you know, pick a good spot. But yeah, we start off with a disaffected ship captain who used to be part of the navy but got drummed out of it for being an up-right honourable guy, who's now running his own ship. We've got some other characters who are scattered around who are being drawn together by the lord of the spire.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Codex Alera was awesome. They would make _fantastic_ movies.
Really funny thing about Codex Alera was that it was the result of a bet. He was having an argument with some guy about whether you could make a good story with a lame idea, and Butcher bet he could do a good story with any two lame ideas of that guy's choosing - he chose Pokemon and lost Roman Legion.

That makes it not only a fantastic series, but also a truly epic smackdown at the same time ;p

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
From the man's Twitter.

It is official! SKIN GAME will be out on May 27!
- Jim Butcher (@longshotauthor) December 19, 2013