Duel of Champions (Might @Magic F2p CCG)

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not super enthused with boosted inferno, think I may take stronghold since I never had one. (Wish there was a sanct starter deck)

Dont forget to always do the tutorial for bonus stuff. This time around some other big bonuses "A special Gift" as well as 3 reinforcement packs.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
This game is fun but I feel that the digital currency is too much. If it was priced, or had an arena mode, like Hearthstone, I think I would spend actual money on it.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I think I'm around 1300 elo with about 200 wins total. Completely new to the genre but adapting fair enough. I run a fairly aggressive inferno deck; its funny early on I ran into issues with necro decks sub 1000 but after I revised my deck and got a better understanding and predicting their moves etc I usually destroy them. I'm still inconsistent against other decks, I just can't seem to string together wins at the higher ratings.

Also I run pharios or whatever his name as a hero. He was the first card I bought because I figured his forced sweep would be great. Even against people who try and protect against it I catch people sleeping especially using attack anywhere mobs or dropping the occasional quick hit mob and hitting a group he thought wasn't able to be sweeped. I'm sure at the true top levels of competition they would just slaughter my simplistic style but so far its gotten my noivce ass to a semi respectable elo. I did drop about 50 bucks on cards; mainly justified it since it was F2P and i was going to play as much as a 50 dollar game at least. Sadly I bought a few cards that I didn't need but looked uber (high resource cost inferno cards that i don't run ever now).

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
Been playing this the past week or so. Fun game, certainly gives you the mtg fix. I have been trying to keep my elo below 501, for now. Even games I intend to lose, I will fight it out for a while. Typical losses can get me 400xp/gold, wins about twice that (no boosts.) Haven't dropped any cash, yet.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
I've been playing a decent amount the last few weeks, up to lvl 27 and 1250 rating with my Adar deck. Just got the Decimator achievement (win 10 ranked duels in a row) going from 1175 to 1315 then proceded to lose the next 3-4 games to the worst hands you can imagine.

Still need another decay spitter, 2 fireballs, 3 soulreavers and some other stuff to complete my deck.

DiddleySquat

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Actually the sooner you use them, the better. It's not like you earn more xp per game at higher levels, so it's no use saving them "for those slow levels". Most importantly is that you win when you have your boost active to optimize your gold and xp doubling. So use them when you are on a winning streak, f.i. because you have a good deck for the ELO you're at.

Edit: Here's a good article on the xp curve.Gold/Exp Guide | Forums

Caliane

yeah, xp boosts are only good if you win.

So you might want to build a solid deck first, to some level. We aren't talking "ZOMG championship level deck only!". but one you are fairly confidant with.
And, you may wish to do the lose on purpose thing. Drop your elo down to 100 or some nonsense. then pop your boosts. same tactic for 10 wins in a row. or the 209 card deck win.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Finally grew to balls to try some Swiss tournaments and I've won 4 out of 5. I've been getting some amazing hands and managed rush most of my opponents by turn 7-10. Don't think I've used Malik's ability more than 5 times over 15 games.

The way they scale the game in full screen is fucking retarded and some faggot took my name so I'm godkzn ingame.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
Updated flowchart from the first page. May be helpful to some.

rrr_img_54529.png

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
I felt invincible after winning so many swisses so I decided I'm gonna win the jackpot as well because who doesn't want a free box ? Anyway, long story short I got stomped big time, all 4 resource mulligans and shit like that. Ended with 10 rating after 20-25 matches.

Found a really nice software for game replays (yeah, it has that) and stats about your performance.

yet another tool, try it ! | Forums

You can clearly see the win streak and the bloodbath that was my jackpot attempt then back to rated games.

From the looks of it Sandalphon, Ishuma, Cassandra(2w/5l ouch) are kicking my ass, I'm 50/50 with Kelthor, Garant, Dhamiria, Gazal and beating everyone else.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
This isn't in beta anymore right? Might have to have somebody change thread title to get more to fire this one up.

haze_sl

shitlord
Just started playing this but feel a little lost. Anyone have any advice for best starting deck etc? I chose inferno but it seems extremely weak.