Dunkirk (2017)

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My dad told me about some book he read where an American was captured by some Russians. They basically just gave him a rifle and vodka and were like "you're one of us now". He said they got strafed a few times by German planes and he dove into the ground on instinct while the russians just lifted rifles and shot at the plane the whole time. People got killed, plane left, and they'd just keep marching. They thought it was funny the american was diving into the ground and were giving him crap, laughing at him.

Different culture I guess.

super late to the party, but in 5e rules, going prone gives ranged attacks disadvantage.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

SeanDoe1z1

I know this is a great movie. Had a hard time liking it at home.

Wish I watched it in theater.

spronk

FPS noob
  • 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Super disappointed I didn't originally get around to seeing this in theaters, but watched it tonight on a 114" screen with the sound vibrating the couches. What an amazing movie. So damn intense. I was actually disappointed it ended.

I will 100% make it out in January to see this in Imax.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Yeah, going to agree with most that I think you need to see this in IMAX to get the full affect. Definitely enjoyed it at home but felt it would have been much better with the way it was supposed to be watched.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What an amazingly powerful movie. I was pretty numb to what was going on, but then the ending just hits you. I was feeling a mixed set of emotions. I was happy for the soldiers making it home and then also sad at the same time.

• 1Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah that scene when the requisitioned boats show up... Powerful stuff.

Watched if for a second time today with family. Such a damn good movie.

• 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
Movie was quite good and I'm generally in the Nolan is overrated camp. I find most of his movies to be nice visually but mostly pretty average to above average otherwise. Possible I'm just a sucker for decent war movies though.