E3 2018 Hype and Train-Wreck Thread (Place your bets!)

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
PC gaming show starts in 15 mins. Limit your expectations though, it's always pretty quiet

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
For once, Ubisoft couldn't save E3.

Which ties into the running theme: unless the project has had a troubled development for years or is the last sequel out the door this cycle, everyone seems to be moving on to next gen in their minds.

spronk

FPS noob
People who have played Assassins Creed Odyssey say its pretty much the Origins engine, upgrade tree, items, etc just reskinned with 2 new PCs and set in Greece during the Peloponnesian Wars. So if you really liked Origins and played all the DLC, you'll probably want Odyssey. I really liked Origins although I haven't yet finished the DLC, but the main story is pretty much like every post AC4 game - starts out really strong, gets pretty grindy in the middle, and ends up being weak and a bit neutered/unexciting/mostly forgettable.

Still a lot of mainstream titles that you can pick up anytime and fill in the niches that other companies seem to not work too hard on anymore. Division 2, AC Odyssey, more R6/For Honor stuff, The Crew 2 (out in like 2 weeks), whatever that dumb toy game is, Skull and Bones, Mario Rabbids DLC in June, Trials Rising. Nothing that really excites me but I'll play Crew 2, AC Odyssey, Division 2, and Skull & Bones for sure.

Be interesting to see if Sony has anything up their sleeve, everyone else has been fairly blah so far. We do have Spiderman, RDR 2, Hitman 2, Tomb Raider, DQ11, and Fallout 76 coming this holiday so its a pretty good game lineup.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
For once, Ubisoft couldn't save E3.

Which ties into the running theme: unless the project has had a troubled development for years or is the last sequel out the door this cycle, everyone seems to be moving on to next gen in their minds.

It'll be interesting to see how Sony takes it, Nintendo too. This gen seems so much younger because of the mid cycle upgrades.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I might give division 2 a shot as well as skull and bones. That’s about it. GameFly. Won’t be paying full price.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I fully expect Sony to save E3.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
It's Factorio 3D, but I really like Coffee stain games, Sanctum was as cool as fuck.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Factorio was one of those games you'd end up letting your kids starve to death over losing track of time.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
How long until the Sony and Nintendo presentations?

My 6 year old is interested in the Nintendo. I'm all for Sony.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
a new battle royale game, that sure isn't a genre in a bubble just waiting to be burst at all no siree

spronk

FPS noob
How long until the Sony and Nintendo presentations?

My 6 year old is interested in the Nintendo. I'm all for Sony.

sony is tonight at 6pm PST / 9pm EDT
nintendo is tomorrow (tuesday) at 9am PST / 12pm EDT but its treehouse format, aka prerecorded presentation nothing live

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user