Echo

Juvarisx

Florida
What is this? Fight chorography that is good in a modern MCU property? Helps that the same dude that did Daredevil is doing the stunt and fight chorography on this, and main chick did a lot of her own stunts. Not gonna lie this looks pretty good.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Don't give a fuck about some no name amputee deaf spicindian show with zero narrative heft

Fadaar

That guy
What is this? Fight chorography that is good in a modern MCU property? Helps that the same dude that did Daredevil is doing the stunt and fight chorography on this, and main chick did a lot of her own stunts. Not gonna lie this looks pretty good.

I'll prob watch it cause I got fuckall else to watch. Liked Hawkeye but didn't care one way or another about this character, if it's got good stunt work it'll be a good watch like the old DD show.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
They have apparently made all the Netflix shows MCU main timeline canon now.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
I just hope this does well enough that it will force em to make more TV-MA content. Daredevil / Kingpin stuff doesnt work at pg 13

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
In solidarity with the deaf hero, should I watch the entire series on mute, or only the scenes with her?

I will also be sitting down, so no need for me to amputate anything.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
In solidarity with the deaf hero, should I watch the entire series on mute, or only the scenes with her?

I will also be sitting down, so no need for me to amputate anything.

Look at you, flaunting your hearing and bipedal privilege, for shame!!!

Juvarisx

Florida
One episode in. Violence is at Daredevil level, fights were well choreographed, punches and kicks had weight, people get shot appropriate blood. Echo actress has a prosthetic leg IRL and does stunts so she has a good grasp of how it would look and work to kick someone with a very reinforced metal limb. Its a lil suspend your disbelief but it looks great. She gets beat up pretty good though and isnt invicible.

Kingpin is back to Daredevil Kingpin and people are appropriately terrified of him and he is menacing. Will put 1 thing in spoilers, its pretty well known but I don't want to ruin it

Daredevil beats Echo easily and tries to break her leg not knowing its fake but it would have if it was bone. The leak of the scene was altered in some way by slowing it down and with motion smoothing, so as it was intended it looked wayyyy better.

There is some stuff they added to remind audiences of what happens in the Hawkeye show and subsequent episodes will be after that show in the timeline. I thought it was pretty good for me not caring about Echo herself, there is enough else going on that I enjoyed it. Will have to see if that keeps up, but Kingpin being back and proper makes it an enjoyable time for now.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I binged and enjoyed it enough. It felt like it could have been made during the Netflix period. Not so sure I like the power changes, but understandable since she would just be a copy of Taskmaster otherwise.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Vincent D'Onofrio is the best part of this show. Can't get enough of him as Kingpin.

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Have they always had Vincent wear a fat suit and make up? I saw him in an interview and he was way smaller, I figured it was natural weight kinda

Juvarisx

Florida
Man I really didnt like the ending of this. Power change from comics is fine, and I understand what her power can do I am just struggling to find an interesting / exciting street level use for it for when she shows up again. So they made her a mutant i think.

Post credits scene is fun it shows what Daredevil Born Again will be. Not having Vincent D'Onofrio would have tanked this show hard, he carries a lot of it even if he doesn't have a massive amount of screen time cause you are always waiting to see him again.

Show was fine. First episode was the best one, Kingpin rocks, fighting was fine, Maya is a boring character that was given powers to make her interesting but its going to confuse people. Its not the worst Marvel show at all, hell its better then Iron Fist was too. When you remove credits and intros and whatever i think its totals like 2.5 hours so its not a huge investment if you are a fan of Kingpin.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
My parents watch anything

I'm using their Disney+ account

Episode 1 of this was 70% completed and none of the other episodes were watched.

I started and stopped before getting to 70%

This is a big nothingburger

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
But but inclusion! Deaf! Amputee! Woo woo indian! Ugly as fuck too! Rickflairwoo.gif

• 1Worf

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I tuned out fairly quickly, boring show and the fight scene with Daredevil didn't seem as seamless as I remember.

• 1Solidarity