Edge of Tomorrow (2014)

spronk

FPS noob
rock of ages (didnt see, assume it sucks)
that spy one with cameron diaz sucked (night and day?)
he did some ww2 movie i never saw

but yeah he's pretty solid, he's the short more dynamic keanu reeves of movies - only has one shtick, but he does it really well. top gun 2 is in preproduction btw

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
2503766-2616750949-13929.jpg

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I actually liked Night and Day. I hate Cameron Diaz (people like her infinitely more than she deserves), but the movie itself was entertaining.

I've yet to see Rock of Ages, but I think that's the only Cruise movie I haven't seen yet.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The ww2 movie is Valkyrie. It was decent. They celebrated the assassination plot against Hitler ignoring the fact that they only wanted Hitler gone because he was losing the war. The movie made it seemed that they didn't agree with the ideology which they most certainly did. But again, other than that it was good

faille

Molten Core Raider
Rock of Ages was surprisingly good. Not really a Tom Cruise movie since he's in it as much as he is in Tropic Thunder.
My enjoyment is probably clouded by hearing songs from my younger days again.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Saw the early screener for this as well, it was really enjoyable throughout. The humor was well done too, nothing really too cheesy. The only letdown was the ending, which felt so typically Hollywood unlike the first 85% of the movie.

I definitely recommend seeing it though if you like these types of movies, even if you aren't a Cruise fan.

iannis

Musty Nester
Eyes wide shut. The main thing that movie had going for it was the power of the names involved in its production.

But the point does stand, Tom Cruise isn't above releasing a commercially successful stinker. He just doesn't very often. He's hooked directly into the matrix, which is both a strength as an entertainer and a complaint against him as a human.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Rock of Ages was surprisingly good. Not really a Tom Cruise movie since he's in it as much as he is in Tropic Thunder.
My enjoyment is probably clouded by hearing songs from my younger days again.
This, I'm a sucker for musicals even bad ones, Rock of ages played the camp straight and it worked.

For all Cruises' craziness he's a damn good actor and he never seems to phone in performances.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
War of the worlds sucked, but I normally like his movies, I enjoyed oblivion.
It did suck, but not cause of cruise. It sucked because every fucking second of that movie i was waiting for one of those aliens to kill those god damn retarded kids. The fact that both those kids lived makes it one of the most frustratingly annoying movies in the history of mankind.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
rock of ages (didnt see, assume it sucks)
that spy one with cameron diaz sucked (night and day?)
he did some ww2 movie i never saw

but yeah he's pretty solid, he's the short more dynamic keanu reeves of movies - only has one shtick, but he does it really well. top gun 2 is in preproduction btw
Knight and day was actually pretty decent. Not gonna set the world on fire, but watched it with a gf when we had nothing else to do one afternoon and was pleasantly surprised.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It did suck, but not cause of cruise. It sucked because every fucking second of that movie i was waiting for one of those aliens to kill those god damn retarded kids. The fact that both those kids lived makes it one of the most frustratingly annoying movies in the history of mankind.
His daughter was all "Come on da-dee! Why aren't we there yet da-dee?!"
His son just wanted nothing more than to kill himself. And he should have done just that. Fucking stupid.
Why the fuck was the ENTIRE family happy in their house at the end? Even more stupid. None of this is Tom's fault.

Phoenix Prime_sl

shitlord
The only way Top Gun could have been made even more awesome is the introduction of Macross Valkyries.

I also agree with the whole kids in War of the Worlds. Didnt need em, shoulda let em die.