Edge of Tomorrow (2014)

Terial

Trakanon Raider
4.50 star(s) Rating: 4.50/5 6 Votes
Title: Edge of Tomorrow

Tagline: Live, Die, Repeat

Genre: Action, Science Fiction

Director: Doug Liman

Cast: Tom Cruise, Emily Blunt, Brendan Gleeson, Bill Paxton, Jonas Armstrong, Tony Way, Kick Gurry, Franz Drameh, Dragomir Mrsic, Charlotte Riley, Masayoshi Haneda, Terence Maynard, Noah Taylor, Lara Pulver, Madeleine Mantock, Marianne Jean-Baptiste, Jeremy Piven, Beth Goddard, Assly Zandry, Sebastian Blunt, Ronan Summers, Aaron Romano, Usman Akram, Bentley Kalu, Mairead McKinley, Andrew Neil, Martin Hyder, Tommy Campbell, John Dutton, Harry Landis, Rachel Handshaw, Martin McDougall, Anna Botting, Jane Hill, Erin Burnett, Dany Cushmaro, David Kaye, Elaine Caulfield, Lee Asquith-Coe, Stuart Matthews

Release: 2014-05-27

Runtime: 113

Plot: Major Bill Cage is an officer who has never seen a day of combat when he is unceremoniously demoted and dropped into combat. Cage is killed within minutes, managing to take an alpha alien down with him. He awakens back at the beginning of the same day and is forced to fight and die again... and again - as physical contact with the alien has thrown him into a time loop.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
[CONTAINER][POSTER]View attachment 138667[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: Edge of Tomorrow (2014)

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Doug Liman[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Tom Cruise[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Emily Blunt[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Brendan Gleeson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bill Paxton[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jonas Armstrong[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tony Way[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kick Gurry[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Franz Drameh[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dragomir Mrsic[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Charlotte Riley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Masayoshi Haneda[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Terence Maynard[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Noah Taylor[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lara Pulver[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Madeleine Mantock[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Marianne Jean-Baptiste[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jeremy Piven[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Beth Goddard[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Assly Zandry[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sebastian Blunt[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ronan Summers[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Aaron Romano[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Usman Akram[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bentley Kalu[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mairead McKinley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Andrew Neil[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Martin Hyder[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tommy Campbell[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Dutton[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Harry Landis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Rachel Handshaw[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Martin McDougall[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Anna Botting[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jane Hill[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Erin Burnett[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dany Cushmaro[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]David Kaye[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Elaine Caulfield[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lee Asquith-Coe[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Stuart Matthews[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2014-05-27[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]113[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Major Bill Cage is an officer who has never seen a day of combat when he is unceremoniously demoted and dropped into combat. Cage is killed within minutes, managing to take an alpha alien down with him. He awakens back at the beginning of the same day and is forced to fight and die again... and again - as physical contact with the alien has thrown him into a time loop.[/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]

Tome Cruise - sci fi meets ground hog day. I'll end up seeing it
smile.png

Terial

Trakanon Raider
tpoVEYvm6qcXueZrQYJNRLXL88s.jpg

Title: Edge of Tomorrow

Genre: Action, Science Fiction

Director: Doug Liman

Cast: Tom Cruise, Emily Blunt, Brendan Gleeson, Bill Paxton, Jonas Armstrong, Tony Way, Kick Gurry, Franz Drameh, Dragomir Mrsic, Charlotte Riley, Masayoshi Haneda, Terence Maynard, Noah Taylor, Lara Pulver, Madeleine Mantock, Marianne Jean-Baptiste, Jeremy Piven, Beth Goddard, Assly Zandry, Sebastian Blunt, Ronan Summers, Aaron Romano, Usman Akram, Bentley Kalu, Mairead McKinley, Andrew Neil, Martin Hyder, Tommy Campbell, John Dutton, Harry Landis, Rachel Handshaw, Martin McDougall, Anna Botting, Jane Hill, Erin Burnett, Dany Cushmaro, David Kaye, Elaine Caulfield, Lee Asquith-Coe, Stuart Matthews

Release: 2014-05-27

Runtime: 113

Plot: Major Bill Cage is an officer who has never seen a day of combat when he is unceremoniously demoted and dropped into combat. Cage is killed within minutes, managing to take an alpha alien down with him. He awakens back at the beginning of the same day and is forced to fight and die again... and again - as physical contact with the alien has thrown him into a time loop.

View attachment 138667

spronk

FPS noob
respect the short guy for seeming to always put a ton of effort into his movies, but damn he is pretty much playing the same character now in every movie. Mission Impossible, Jack Reacher, Oblivion are all basically the same character.

i wonder why he is so much into scifi now, is there some Scientology prophecy he is trying to fulfill? Also the computer voice sounded like GladOS, plz Tom make this a prequel to Half Life

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
respect the short guy for seeming to always put a ton of effort into his movies, but damn he is pretty much playing the same character now in every movie. Mission Impossible, Jack Reacher, Oblivion are all basically the same character.

i wonder why he is so much into scifi now, is there some Scientology prophecy he is trying to fulfill? Also the computer voice sounded like GladOS, plz Tom make this a prequel to Half Life
You can say the same for pretty much every single actor/actress. Who cares though, guy makes good movies.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I'm definitely in; the conceit that this is attempt #14,836 (or whatever) explains away the usual absurdities the action hero gets away with.

As to why is Cruise constantly doing sci-fi, it's a two-step question. Step 1 is why is Cruise in so many big action movies - the answer is because Hollywood just hasn't succeeded in producing another generation of movie stars. Your biggest movie stars in the world are probably Tom Cruise, Robert Downey Jr., and Johnny Depp, and they're all roughly age 50. Vin Diesel, Ryan Reynolds and The Rock couldn't sustain, and the next next generation doesn't seem to be cutting it either (Taylor Lautner, Armie Hammer, and I'm not sold on Chris Pine's chances yet).

So if you want to get an action hero movie made - or more to the point, get the funding for an action movie - there just aren't many better options out there than Cruise. As to Step 2, why the sci-fi branch of action movies, I think it's just a weird string of luck. The last sci-fi movie he was in was War of the Worlds, way back in 2005, after all - his action movie track record doesn't seem more sci-fi than average, it's just clumpier.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
baby boomers are still alive and we grew up with tom cruise in Mission Impossible and other memorable movies. Those stars would have to be reaching 60-70 before they drop off the rader. We still have Matt Damon (Elysium) and etc that appeals to younger crowds. I'd say it's a mixed bowl.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I'm definitely in; the conceit that this is attempt #14,836 (or whatever) explains away the usual absurdities the action hero gets away with.

As to why is Cruise constantly doing sci-fi, it's a two-step question. Step 1 is why is Cruise in so many big action movies - the answer is because Hollywood just hasn't succeeded in producing another generation of movie stars. Your biggest movie stars in the world are probably Tom Cruise, Robert Downey Jr., and Johnny Depp, and they're all roughly age 50. Vin Diesel, Ryan Reynolds and The Rock couldn't sustain, and the next next generation doesn't seem to be cutting it either (Taylor Lautner, Armie Hammer, and I'm not sold on Chris Pine's chances yet).

So if you want to get an action hero movie made - or more to the point, get the funding for an action movie - there just aren't many better options out there than Cruise. As to Step 2, why the sci-fi branch of action movies, I think it's just a weird string of luck. The last sci-fi movie he was in was War of the Worlds, way back in 2005, after all - his action movie track record doesn't seem more sci-fi than average, it's just clumpier.
Oblivion was like 6 months ago

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm

i wonder why he is so much into scifi now, is there some Scientology prophecy he is trying to fulfill? Also the computer voice sounded like GladOS,plz Tom make this a prequel to Half Life
FUCK NO!!!!!just leave hollywood far away from HL.
i don't know why but that trailer reminds me of Gears of War

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Almost all of Tom Cruise's movies are pretty good. He has a really good agent.

He is a fucking crazy lunatic but that shouldn't take away from his movies.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database