Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Goonsquad Officer
those new lore quests are kind of interesting.

I followed the tips above and finished limgrave's questchains. then using the new NPC markers , i spoke to all my npc's and caught up on a few more quests. i did all of sorceress sellen's questline, and some post volcano manor.

I thought it was interesting that limgrave's quests lead to a new lord of limgrave, and they swore fielty to you. very 'new elden lord'. and i did all of sellen's quest, and SHE said the same thing. "hey, the wizard school will swear fielty to you. i'll get everyone in line. new lord ho!". now...sellen's quest didn't end well for her (so far) so maybe the key to sellen's quest is to not let her do her project entirely, then you get a loyal region?

anyway i thought these two were intersting because it made me wonder if all the regions have the ability to 'appoint new lords' and if that unlocks something or if that is some kind of hidden cheevo kind of thing.

Possibly related i found patches in the poison fort. he sold me an item to give to tanith, and...she didn't want to stop eating but she 'took' the item. so i kind of wonder if something will shake her awake and she'll stop acting like a weirdo and run her manor again. or maybe patches will steal it. who knows. i just wonder if each region has a resolution like that.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Also I think Bird farm s fine to stay as it is, because it would kill the replay desire of a lot of people to remove it and its not exactly super easy to get to in the first place, even if you know its there. Without it, AE explosion mage spam becomes the only viable rune farm, which leaves mele even more in the dust. And even being level one zillion won't help the scrubs get past the harder fights. Plenty of noobs who abused the dragon breath glitch in DS1 still could not get past four kings.
Agreed. Same with summons.

If anything ER should have a "hard mode" where mobs only respawn a few times (or drop diminishing levels of runes to keep the world from feeling empty) and don't let players use NPC / Ashes summons.

Goonsquad Officer
oh boy, a great sword, can't wait to be a cool big sword strong man!

1647610386420.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Goonsquad Officer
Agreed. Same with summons.

If anything ER should have a "hard mode" where mobs only respawn a few times (or drop diminishing levels of runes to keep the world from feeling empty) and don't let players use NPC / Ashes summons.
i would play a DS2 style limited respawn ruleset. that would be very interesting. you could 'clear a place' for exploration, but no farming, even for droppable loot which is huge. i actually enjoyed its system of zone clearing +bonfire ascetics to send the zone into its own NG+ mode.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yep, there are all kinds of weapons that scale with different stats and have effects that also scale with those stats

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I easily died the most to the dual abductors in volcano manor. Was like level 45 and more or less pure sorcery build at that point. Summons died instantly and you didn’t really even have time to summon anyways, and the room is tiny as fuck with range and charging attacks constantly. Fuck those guys.

Haha yeah those two are fucking assholes. Rough fight.

Goonsquad Officer
Now that they fixed weapons with innate two sources of damage scaling I am sure that thing is nuts.
C (str) E (dex) B (int) scaling at cap. 247+247 damage so says the wiki.

i think i will have to retire the giant's hammer now in favor of a 2 damager at some point. i just need one that's as strengthy as possible.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
those new lore quests are kind of interesting.

I followed the tips above and finished limgrave's questchains. then using the new NPC markers , i spoke to all my npc's and caught up on a few more quests. i did all of sorceress sellen's questline, and some post volcano manor.

I thought it was interesting that limgrave's quests lead to a new lord of limgrave, and they swore fielty to you. very 'new elden lord'. and i did all of sellen's quest, and SHE said the same thing. "hey, the wizard school will swear fielty to you. i'll get everyone in line. new lord ho!". now...sellen's quest didn't end well for her (so far) so maybe the key to sellen's quest is to not let her do her project entirely, then you get a loyal region?

anyway i thought these two were intersting because it made me wonder if all the regions have the ability to 'appoint new lords' and if that unlocks something or if that is some kind of hidden cheevo kind of thing.

Possibly related i found patches in the poison fort. he sold me an item to give to tanith, and...she didn't want to stop eating but she 'took' the item. so i kind of wonder if something will shake her awake and she'll stop acting like a weirdo and run her manor again. or maybe patches will steal it. who knows. i just wonder if each region has a resolution like that.
I honestly don’t know what happened to sellen at the end of her quest. She talks about how she’s going to take over the school and swear fealty to you, etc. And then the next time you see her she’s a big stone head and obviously not doing well. Did Renalla basically say “lol nope” and fuck her up?

Goonsquad Officer
I honestly don’t know what happened to sellen at the end of her quest. She talks about how she’s going to take over the school and swear fealty to you, etc. And then the next time you see her she’s a big stone head and obviously not doing well. Did Renalla basically say “lol nope” and fuck her up?
i read up a little on some reddit posts. and i remember some of this lore from an earlier quest, but basically she's into 'primal' glintstone magic. and it's forbidden. and those glintstone super wizards seem to be like liches with a glintstone phylactary heart. hers got pulled out and put in a new body so she could escape her eternal binding. anyway when you tell her about each of her old teachers. she doesn't say anymore, but she seems to have gone to them, and with her primal studies tried to absorb their power. AS IT TURNS OUT it's forbidden for a reason because all the people she tried to siphon power from are now combined into a horrible construct instead of her just getting more power. if you go to the old teachers' bodies now you can steal their gear because the 'body is missing' because she must have hauled it off for her wizard stew. I'm not sure if you can save her, or have diverted her fate. My guess is that the answer is. A: never let her finish by telling her the last guy's location and you get a vassal. B: kill her now (can you even fight there?) or that there's some information taht would either save her or fix her.

you fight a few of those stone head balls out in the wilderness. hell one guards her body (though that one may be a conjured aparition). maybe they naturally occur when a bunch of them die. or maybe others tried the same. there's also a talisman with the same icon as the ball head. so maybe they become weird ass batteries for other wizards.

1647611989031.png

being a wizard sounds awful.

a good reddit post shat on the idea of rannalla doing that to her as a punishment because she will sit in renalla's room for literally the rest of the game peacefully, but if you find that last one she goes full bowling ball. seems she dug too deep and too greedily? not sure if you can fix it.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah well I accidentally hit sellen then she hit me back then my fucking ash summon killed her so there. That’s how her quest line ended for me.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yeah well I accidentally hit sellen then she hit me back then my fucking ash summon killed her so there. That’s how her quest line ended for me.

You should be able to atone for that. I accidentally killed her real body in the basement of those ruins south of Limgrave and she disappeared at the way gate ruins as well. Atoned and she was back

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Now that they fixed weapons with innate two sources of damage scaling I am sure that thing is nuts.

It was only hybrid arcane scaling that didn't work for whatever reason. That sword and the various other INT/DEX and INT/STR swords all worked just fine to varying degrees. The issue with almost all of them though is that the dark moon greatsword exists and is just better.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
It was only hybrid arcane scaling that didn't work for whatever reason. That sword and the various other INT/DEX and INT/STR swords all worked just fine to varying degrees. The issue with almost all of them though is that the dark moon greatsword exists and is just better.
Better than moonveil pre nerf? Surely you jest

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I did Radahn last night. Got him to 30% on my first attempt, killed on 5th attempt. Lvl 69 with 33 vigor. He seemed easier than what I've seen anecdotally.

Was I overlevelled? Or did I manage to git gud?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
You should be able to atone for that. I accidentally killed her real body in the basement of those ruins south of Limgrave and she disappeared at the way gate ruins as well. Atoned and she was back
I’ll wait til I’m done killing all the other NPCs before that.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I did Radahn last night. Got him to 30% on my first attempt, killed on 5th attempt. Lvl 69 with 33 vigor. He seemed easier than what I've seen anecdotally.

Was I overlevelled? Or did I manage to git gud?

33 vigor is pretty high, I'm sure that most people struggling on him had lower and were getting one shot, but I wouldn't call 69 over leveled.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
He had at least two attacks that could 1 shot me @ 33 vigor. The double blade slam and the gravity waves I think.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I could have had 1 vigor honestly. Everything he did one shot me, so I just had to not get hit ever. I’m surprised people are struggling with him. I thought he was one of the easiest bosses and I’m not good at these games. You could literally just ride far out and throw shit at him and win eventually. I actually would run in and smack him when I could get a stance break in but I don’t think it was necessary.

• 1Like