Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Heh, so any landmarks you find during your initial playthrough stay on the map in NG+. Interesting...
Not sure I would like that. How do I know where I haven’t been yet??

Unrelated, I really like the NPC markers they added to the map. They do a few more QoL adjustments like that and this game is…well, even more the best game ever.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'm doing it as super shield and giant smasher hammer guy. weirdly the fireballs arn't bothering me at all. hold the shield up. take a little bit of HP. i keep getting hit with the whole-shield-flat slam. or he puts fire where i'm fighting and i get repeat hit by it. i'm so fat i can't 'roll out of it' fast enough. or i bump into modest sized rocks which keep me in place.

All of his slams with that big shield can be roll timed to not take damage. Took a bit to get it all perfect. The ground fire I mean sometimes you just can't find a spot to dpsing him through it and hafta let him finish and only get 1-2 hits.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The real reason the dinosaurs went extinct.

1647627257542.png

• 9Worf
  • 4Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 15 users

Goonsquad Officer
got the fire giant down. the big secret was "don't stand in fire". any time he started to shit flames i made sure to be not where shit was landing, and i didn't try terribly hard to move near him and attack. always kept 'under him' so he woudln't shield smack me from the top where i cannot hold my shield.

i felt like a real slave to weird ass lock options, changing locks, and bad camera angles though. had he had lock options in both feet, maybe his lower thighs it would have been way more smooth.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Anyone else getting this graphic bug after the latest patch?

Attachments

• eldenring.png
    eldenring.png
    5.8 MB · Views: 60
  • 1WTF

Khane

Got something right about marriage
got the fire giant down. the big secret was "don't stand in fire". any time he started to shit flames i made sure to be not where shit was landing, and i didn't try terribly hard to move near him and attack. always kept 'under him' so he woudln't shield smack me from the top where i cannot hold my shield.

i felt like a real slave to weird ass lock options, changing locks, and bad camera angles though. had he had lock options in both feet, maybe his lower thighs it would have been way more smooth.

That's the biggest problem with large enemies in every soul game. They also tend to be WAY easier when you stay aggressive and priority 1 is staying close to them. However, in this fight in particular, he rolls into garbage terrain issues and you can just get fucked because he rolled the wrong way. I hated that fight.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Here I am playing this game again because the others I've tried since I beat this the first time have too much dialogue or hand-holding that it drives me nuts. So I started an archer build playthrough and gunned down Margot, Godrick and Radahn (no summons) first attempts, but it took me a few tries on Rennala because every time she summoned an add it would drop my target lock.

It doesn't feel too bad against bosses, but clearing trash can be a hassle and a couple times I just said "fuck it" and bolted for the next Site of Grace.

• 1Worf

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Here I am playing this game again because the others I've tried since I beat this the first time have too much dialogue or hand-holding that it drives me nuts. So I started an archer build playthrough and gunned down Margot, Godrick and Radahn (no summons) first attempts, but it took me a few tries on Rennala because every time she summoned an add it would drop my target lock.

It doesn't feel too bad against bosses, but clearing trash can be a hassle and a couple times I just said "fuck it" and bolted for the next Site of Grace.

Archer build seems interesting. Worst part I can imagine would be the ammo limit of 99 per type.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Looks like the autists will have to autistically hit every single possible wall 50-100 times just to be safe from here on out.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Or maybe everything in this game is destructible and has a hidden HP bar!!

• 1Mother of God

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I bought the game. About to get started then I read this thread and expect the worst. First souls game as I said. Here’s to pain.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I bought the game. About to get started then I read this thread and expect the worst. First souls game as I said. Here’s to pain.
Don't slam your head against the same boss 100 times, go elsewhere, level up, then come back and whoop ass.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users