Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I used Elden Wiki a lot - checked on Trophies and looked up where things were at - I was mind blown at how much I missed or how anyone ever figured out how to solve some of these quests in the first place.

Have fun with Frenzied Flame Ending.

You have to go into the sewers and at some point bash through a fake altar after a boss and at that point have to drop strategically down through a jump drop puzzle - took me 2 hours to not die. Protip: I finally did it after I just took all my gear off (Which you have to do anyway to get in) and was able to navigate the jump segments a LOT easier)

Also if going for platinum - make SURE to do everything at the end of Ranni's quest because when you restart in a new Journey, you will end up doing that entire quest line again to get to the island spot where you cannot get there via any other means and there are two items you need there - (Legendary arm and an incantation) Do not make the same mistake I did :)
which island spot?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
RE: endings
You are basically a piece of shit in every ending. Based on that, Frenzied Flame was my favorite ending. Let that entire place burn in chaos!

Idk age of stars seemed alright and major fan service to weeb simps

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I enjoyed my 2nd play through because I was able to roll up on Margit/Godrick like Vader "When I left you I was the but the learner, but now I am the master"
You Died

that’s how that shit will go for me.

• 2Worf
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
RE: endings
You are basically a piece of shit in every ending. Based on that, Frenzied Flame was my favorite ending. Let that entire place burn in chaos!
The theory I developed throughout my first blindish playthrough was that aliens (radagan, elden beast, queen rennala, etc) came and planted an erdtree, or were attracted to it, or something. The erdtree basically siphons off "essence" that is supplied to the aliens while corrupting the world and turning everybody into monsters. All the grace stuff is just the scraps from the table. By killing the aliens and burning down the erdtree, you'd cleanse the lands and be a hero of a civilization that could finally get started now that it was free of the erdtree's dominion.

Nope. Frenzied flame is just "burning rocks fall and everyone dies".

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm not really into the lore that much but I thought it was odd that the roots of erdtree block you and the only method is to burn them up. On my first playthrough I assumed there were other paths that would let you access the tree without burning them. I still wonder if there isn't a secret ending like that, like maybe if you do the quest to the Golden order or Greater Will's perfection you are allowed to pass.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Idk age of stars seemed alright and major fan service to weeb simps
I felt like Age of Stars revealed Ranni to be evil, plunging the entire world into darkness and it was all your fault for handing it to her.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
The theory I developed throughout my first blindish playthrough was that aliens (radagan, elden beast, queen rennala, etc) came and planted an erdtree, or were attracted to it, or something. The erdtree basically siphons off "essence" that is supplied to the aliens while corrupting the world and turning everybody into monsters. All the grace stuff is just the scraps from the table. By killing the aliens and burning down the erdtree, you'd cleanse the lands and be a hero of a civilization that could finally get started now that it was free of the erdtree's dominion.

Nope. Frenzied flame is just "burning rocks fall and everyone dies".
Whatever you need to help you sleep at night, tarnished. Sir Gideon Ofnir, the All-Knowing had the right idea!

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
100% in 149 hours and 12 minutes.

Longest every playthrough of a non-single player game for me.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
nn60ei70upr81.jpg

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
which island spot?

At the end of Ranni's quest and you defeat the dragon after you drop down into the boss area via a coffin, you end up on an elevated island in the lower left of the lakes area. You can only get back here via Prayer Site. There are three things you need - Complete the Ranni quest for the stars ending, get the Legendary Sword, but also fight another boss for something else and also get a spell via another tower. Lots to do and miss. If you start fresh, you have to do that entire quest over in journey 2 and cannot just go there to get any remaining trophies you need.

Specifically speaking you need the following from this area if doing platinum:

Black Knife Tiche
Ranni's Dark Moon Spell
Dark Moon Sword

Last edited:

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
At the end of Ranni's quest and you defeat the dragon after you drop down into the boss area via a coffin, you end up on an elevated island in the lower left of the lakes area. You can only get back here via Prayer Site. There are three things you need - Complete the Ranni quest for the stars ending, get the Legendary Sword, but also fight another boss for something else and also get a spell via another tower. Lots to do and miss. If you start fresh, you have to do that entire quest over in journey 2 and cannot just go there to get any remaining trophies you need.

Oh ok, I just hadn’t heard that area described as an island. Was wondering if I missed an entire island area.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Oh ok, I just hadn’t heard that area described as an island. Was wondering if I missed an entire island area.

Oops yeah technically not an island but island in that you cannot get to the area any other way then completing Ranni's quest (To my knowledge ha)

So basically if you do not want to do that entire quest over again in Journey 2, grab everything you can in Journey 1 and then the only things you need to do in Journey 2 is the Freenzied ending, and Journey 3 for a straight run though for the main easy ending.

Otherwise you will end up like me. Having to do that entire quest again in Journey 2. Also make sure not to save Malenia for Journey 2-3+ - because that will suck and Soygen Soygen might lose his mind in the coming weeks. I cannot imagine fighting Malenia in NG3 or higher.... I barely got her down in 2.

Last edited:

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea the comic is dumb because he doesnt have feet lol.

That entire premise of a character is so goddamn bizarre its incredible.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Malenia dead. Plat Trophy achieved. I just needed a good night's rest.*

This might be my favorite game of all time. I need to let the newness wear off for a few months before really committing to that ranking, but it's easily in my top 3 games at this point. I put around 140 hours into my first run and was never, for even a second, bored.

*And Black Knight Tiche

• 9Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 12 users