Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I’m not proud but I opted to just fucking cheese the bell bearing Hunter in caelid just now. Fuck that guy. That mob is another that I just seem to can’t get the goddamn moves down. I was circling him and smacking him with my katanas. Then I fucked up and he ate all my flasks so I ran and jumped on the shack to think. The faggot walked out and I decided to spam glint shard something at his face. Still had to come down and chip away the last 10%.

I’m about to drop moonveil. It has this recovery after the weapon art that annoys the piss out of me. DMGS next I think.
You should have Darkness and Flame by now, which rivals DMGS as a PVE weapon for a really long time. If you cheesed your way to the bird farm, cloud of flies is still worth using in certain situations to cheese fights like the one you desrcibed.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wait so you’re not a fan of the battle mage as well?

starting to think you’re full of shit Nirgon Nirgon
It can be strong, but you need to be at a point where you have cleared all of the initial area and the entire Morn Castle area (plus side dungeons) before tackling Margitt as a newb. Or you can just youtube the guide on getting the Meteroite staff to make your spells hit harder. You won't be learning anything about the core combat mechanics and you will struggle in certain fights as a result, though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
It can be strong, but you need to be at a point where you have cleared all of the initial area and the entire Morn Castle area (plus side dungeons) before tackling Margitt as a newb. Or you can just youtube the guide on getting the Meteroite staff to make your spells hit harder. You won't be learning anything about the core combat mechanics and you will struggle in certain fights as a result, though.
Thank you. This is CONSTRUCTIVE feedback I was looking for

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why aren't you all over this? Is it going to suck? I think this sounds like the best thing ever, am I missing something?

Last edited:

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Haven’t gotten a chance to play since last night. As my assistant coach you should be encouraging me. Don’t make me swap you at for Phazael Phazael

my coaching method is to constantly shit on you so that you get better by overcoming adversity

• 1Blown

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
The sword summon spell the prisoner starts with is good, but pebble works too. You can be sneaking and get the meterorite staff and boulder toss for this fight, but I did not need it on my newly minted sorcerer play. I was able to beat it at around L20 with the prisoner startup, using wolf summon and Rogier, with no issues. The big trick is to never get greedy and always keep enough stamina in reserve to roll the fuck out of the way, especially with phase two hammer attacks. If you really want to make it easy, get the shackle from patches.

My sorc playthrough was total easymode compared to my first playthrough as physical. Not sure how anyone could have an issue with Margit as a sorc.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
My sorc playthrough was total easymode compared to my first playthrough as physical. Not sure how anyone could have an issue with Margit as a sorc.

From a pure newb attempt, perspective and approach:

Not kiting and rolling around enough while waiting for his aggro to switch to a summon again.

It's absolutely face roll for most of the game being a caster and summoning help for an experienced player. You'll still find fun and challenge doing it as a new jack.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If you went in as soon as possible with nothing but the pebble and starting staff as a newb (not a good grasp of dodging), rape will ensue. My first run I did with a halberd I bought and got my dick kicked in repeatedly. Second (Solo) game I started as a prisoner and cleared out the south, plus I knew to use the Dogs and Rogier, so that was a breeze. I had the Meterorite Staff and Boudler toss when I faced Godrick and it wasn't even a fight.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you went in as soon as possible with nothing but the pebble and starting staff as a newb (not a good grasp of dodging), rape will ensue. My first run I did with a halberd I bought and got my dick kicked in repeatedly. Second (Solo) game I started as a prisoner and cleared out the south, plus I knew to use the Dogs and Rogier, so that was a breeze. I had the Meterorite Staff and Boudler toss when I faced Godrick and it wasn't even a fight.

Yeah, the game should have encouraged you to go south first. Instead, white mask and the graces send you straight to Margit

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You should have Darkness and Flame by now, which rivals DMGS as a PVE weapon for a really long time. If you cheesed your way to the bird farm, cloud of flies is still worth using in certain situations to cheese fights like the one you desrcibed.
I have it. My plan is to dick around on dmgs, then try night and flame, then finish with river of blood.

Second playthrough might just be some big block boy.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Going back to FG today as I finally have some time to play, got the bastard within a hit or two like 3 times now, its always the twin fireballs that get me when I panic.

I've dodged them a million times but I always flub a roll when it really counts. Bastard dies soon I promise, such a lame fight at level 1, not really hard persay but long and phase 2 is easy to make a single mistake which means death :(

Started using my horse more in P2 to follow him when he rolls but he still manages to catch me off guard with the fireballs and the bullshit flame spew thing and I get caught on a rock or just run out of stanina and can't dodge it. Still love the game but starting to regret trying this challenge.

• 2Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
After thinking about it some, my only complaint I have with Elden Ring is that it's so large with so many bosses that when I finally completed the game it felt rather meaningless. The final boss was basically just yet another boss. The final area yet another area. The game didn't really build to a climax in my opinion. Sort of a mind-blowing criticism, but the game is so damn epic from start to finish that when everything is epic....nothing is?

• 2Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I definitely feel that sentiment already as how can it keep topping itself when all of it has been stellar so far, but it's the journey rather than the destination kind of thing for this game I guess.

Adding to list of grievances - YES I WANT TO USE A FLASK TO GET BACK ON MY GOD DAMN DONKEY.

Day 4: Just got a few hours in. Scarlet rot can eat my butt, but at least I can cast Flame Cleanse Me now. Took out a few bosses and another dragon which are easier to kill than most normal trash for whatever reason. Quit as I started descending down tower of caelid I think it was called. If it wasn't for ghost messages scattered in random spots I don't think I'd ever have willingly explored some of these areas. Hyped to wrap up the rest of caelid this weekend and head back north. Is there any major penalty for killing merchants? I already killed one when it spawned some invasion NPC in its place and in my blood lust I murked him too when he came back. Do they all drop bells to give to that lady in the roundtable?

day4.png

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Got that mofo, very sloppy P1 and I definitely didn't expect to win, but P2 went better than it usually does, and I finally squeezed out a victory!

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Phase 2 is easier if you ride around behind him and wack on his foot. He'll roll away instead of attacking, rinse repeat. Just have to juke a little bit away if he can get in a swing before you get back behind him.