Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Finally wrapped up my main playthrough (MLGS generalist build) and that last fight was bullshit, mostly due to the fucking first phase being such a twitch fest. Elden Beast was a total pussy, comparatively, and hit the deck pretty easily from MLGS shot spam. Basically powered through Godskin Duo to the end last night and am already planning a new play with a new build. No other games are even worth playing while this one exists, except maybe FFT/Tactics Ogre. I am ruined for all other games. PS Macho Man (Godfrey) fight was the most fun of the endgame battles. Most of the end stretch felt like twitch fest + gear check. Only real criticism I have of an otherwise perfect game.
I thought Radagon was a blast once I got more consistent with his quick attacks, but the fast paced phase 1 versus the slow delayed Elden Beast is what really made thag fight take way longer than it should have.

I agree that Godfrey fight was really good too, though.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Has to cheese this one, sucks that the Lillies are not infinitely farm able but thankfully I had enough to make it work.

Best I did without the pots was just under 50% health. I'll take it! Going away for the weekend and then vacation Weds but I plan to finish my RL1 run 2 weeks from now.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Has to cheese this one, sucks that the Lillies are not infinitely farm able but thankfully I had enough to make it work.

Best I did without the pots was just under 50% health. I'll take it! Going away for the weekend and then vacation Weds but I plan to finish my RL1 run 2 weeks from now.

I would have died around your 2:19 mark being greedy for that last pixel of health.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Sleep pots!? You have no honor!

1653696055938.png

• 1Like

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I would have died around your 2:19 mark being greedy for that last pixel of health.

Believe me it happened a few times, also had a few where I didnt get fatty to stagger and I got promptly owned.

I was just lucky the last pot didn't miss, if he moved a bit further I think I would have had to find more crafting materials.....(I have the St Trina sword but it didnt seem to work well with low arcane points)

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So I went back to get DMGS. Way overleveled the area and it showed until I hit lake of rot. Jesus. That was awful even stacking immunity. But I actually expected Astel to just cave. Actually had to work for it some but so far my least enjoyable fight. Oddly the magic dragon after him also gave me a minor bit of trouble. I could never figure out how to dodge his ice sword or see that stupid ice ball/shard thing.

Anyway, time to try this out. Every time I try something I come back to moonveil. It’s just too flexible. Need to try a rivers or Godskin peeler build next I think.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Seems like big time overkill on doubling your number of coop phantoms.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
This is awesome. I'm hoping this gets From's attention and they officially add it to the game.
Me too. Managing mods for me and my kids becomes a real pain in the ass. Would love to avoid having to mod ER to play more with my kids.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Solid co-op does nothing but enhance the fun you can have with a game. Full blown co-op in Elden Ring would be incomparable.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Solid co-op does nothing but enhance the fun you can have with a game. Full blown co-op in Elden Ring would be incomparable.
This.

I've been wanting to play through with a couple of different friends, the one time we tried it we just got constantly attacked by dipshits. I think Phazael Phazael had the same experience. It really just detracts from the enjoyment of the game.

As soon as the mod comes out, they're four of us planning to roll new characters and go through the game together. It'll be fun to have people specced different ways, and shit like group heals and buffs actually being useful.

I guess my biggest question is how does the loot work on the mod? Does only one item drop and then you just have to give it to whoever?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users