Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I guess I got one right before you mentioned it here again. I'll co-op this char with some of u guys. I am in the Lucaria area.

1660329942881.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
What’s From Software’s track record for producing DLCs for their souls games? Decent amount of new content or more features-based?

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What’s From Software’s track record for producing DLCs for their souls games? Decent amount of new content or more features-based?
Quite a lot of new content, they're usually meaty side zones with plenty of new gear and stuff, not really many/any features. Think like adding another side path like Consecrated+Haligtree. They're usually very good, in some cases people consider them better than the base game even(Dark Souls 2 iirc was like that).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Almost exclusively content. They also tend to be top tier with incredible boss fights.

DS1 only had 1 DLC but it was good quality

DS2 DLC are the best parts of the game.

DS3 had good content with Ashes of Ariendel and an amazing final boss while Ringed City was one of the best things they've produced with 3 of the most epic fights in the entire series.

Bloodborne Old Hunters DLC was also top notch.

Lengthwise they tend to be around forum+haligtree. Usually 1 huge area split into 2 big areas

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The DLC is often better than the base game. I would say that's true for every game but the the original Dark Souls.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Killed some bosses with MFF.

Nice fella, guess we ain't too anti social or tinfoiled after all.

Who else wants some? Can break the taunter tongue out too.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Killed fire giant (with Alexander, cuz quest) like he was nothing on fresh char 7.

I have the bloody helice and frost imbued godskin stitcher, popping chilling mist on the stitcher to double dip before going in. I gotta say waiting for the frost and bleed to go off can feel like forever in the dual setup.

Makes me think of swapping the stitcher to bleed and being boring, but the separate procs going off apart from each other and causing a huge stagger have been almost worth it.

As far as pvp, there is something to be said also about people going into a total defensive hole if they have any kind of status build up on them. The weapon art of the Helice also appears to be something nearly no one has seen before and they get absolutely fucked by it over and over. Might be the new Rivers of Bleed lolzcheez esp with the Alexander shard. Two handing it and doing a jumping R1 fully combos into a standing R1 after - which has bleed popped and outright killed a few for me, who I'm guessing had absolute shit for bleed resist.

As far as light roll builds, you gotta go insanely light. I dunno about doing all that being the best idea yet, will have to make something to try it. Having other weps to swap to in your hand slots like a crossbow or seal really put a hamper on things for me.

Lastly, watched Oroboro do his try a random weapon and invade thing. God do they need to buff some of the low tier shit some. He simply cannot get a working pizza wheel build going (and refused to do poise flask stuff that I suggested for some reason). It's a shame cuz that weapon was actually decent I think in Bloodborne. Was it deemed excessively OP and had to be Blizzard-nerfed-out-of-existence? It hits fairly hard from the npc invader using it, oddly enough.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You need to either be full frontal male nudity sorcerer or big arcane to go light, from what I have seen. I guess you could pile on the Vitality, but if you do that early you are gimping the whole reason you went light in the first place, e.g. don't get hit. I think when all was said and done, my full time sorc and duel wielder both ended the game at 40ish vit, while I got by on a lot less with other builds.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I tried to go full gravity sorc and hated it. Never could get down getting a break with the rock spell then the meteor of astel that I see people do for big dick boss raping. Rather just powerstance big dick melee weps.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
You need to either be full frontal male nudity sorcerer or big arcane to go light, from what I have seen. I guess you could pile on the Vitality, but if you do that early you are gimping the whole reason you went light in the first place, e.g. don't get hit. I think when all was said and done, my full time sorc and duel wielder both ended the game at 40ish vit, while I got by on a lot less with other builds.
Min. 58 vig for all builds IMO.

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I tried to go full gravity sorc and hated it. Never could get down getting a break with the rock spell then the meteor of astel that I see people do for big dick boss raping. Rather just powerstance big dick melee weps.

I had the same experience. ER was my first souls game and after some early research, I figured starting out on a mage build would be the best way to ease into the game.

After 4 different toons and numerous complete playthroughs, that toon is my absolute least favorite one. Meanwhile, my melee builds turned out to be fun as hell.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Min. 58 vig for all builds IMO.
If you are gonna PVP, sure. You can get by with a lot less in PVE, depending on build. Its crazy how much damage reduction in the last couple fights Arcane builds can stack, for instance.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Problem with the rock sling is you often lose one or two rocks due to clipping environmental obstacles and it really kills your deeps.

You could always try using Fallingstar Beast Jaw. It's fun to use and does pretty solid damage but it does have a fairly high Strength requirement (34). Pair it with Fingerprint Stone Shield if you go down the Str/Int route and it massively improves your survivability. Although getting the shield can be frustrating, I died so many times in that fucking pit.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I know most of you have probably seen this guy's content and I wasn't very familiar with him up until Elden Ring. They're just pretty cool videos, I guess a lot like that guy who does Warhammer 40K shit, and the other guy who covers Destiny lore.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users