Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I say again, fuck those Rune Bears. I did not even try to kill one on my dagger run.
They are such dicks. I'm still surprised I got the one in the cave down (I know I could have snuck past but was stubborn). Outside on a horse it's fairly easy but really tedious if you play it safe.

Them and the first tree sentinel is what made me remap my dismount/crouch key. I press too hard in intense situations and I'd jump off my horse at the worst time.

Last edited:
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Heian

Molten Core Raider
DS2 has the best weapon, gear variation and balance IMO. (Minus the weapon degradation bug caused by the 60 FPS.). I somewhat likes the idea because it forced me to bring a second weapon. I agree that DS2's DLC are among the best the whole series has to offer. PvP was pretty fun if I recall properly.

My big grip was with the guy that teleport you into his grab while I did dodged him.(No idea if they fixed that)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
On NG2 of my Faith build now. With maxed Blasphemous and Sacred Relic everything is just melting. I've downed Ranni, Radahn, and Rykard first attempt and I'm just blasting through bosses and ignoring sidequests.

Thinking it's going to be a better idea starting on a fresh character to do a full run through where the ability to leapfrog stuff just isn't there.

I've done Sorcery and Faith builds, I'm guessing Dex/Arc is high up on the list of ones to try but is there anything else worth a shot? I tried pure Strength early on and that was just awful.

• 2Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
STR Faith, Quality, Arc/Faith, and STr/INT MLGS are basically the other builds as I see them. Really the last couple Souls games always end up being "pick X weapon and build stats around it" in a lot of ways.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
On NG2 of my Faith build now. With maxed Blasphemous and Sacred Relic everything is just melting. I've downed Ranni, Radahn, and Rykard first attempt and I'm just blasting through bosses and ignoring sidequests.

Thinking it's going to be a better idea starting on a fresh character to do a full run through where the ability to leapfrog stuff just isn't there.

I've done Sorcery and Faith builds, I'm guessing Dex/Arc is high up on the list of ones to try but is there anything else worth a shot? I tried pure Strength early on and that was just awful.

They've improved pure strength quite a bit since release. One of the recent patches increased the swing speed of pretty much all colossal weapons and some even got their stats boosted

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I am hammered as fucking fuck all and just bought thids game to play th8is with my broi!

MusicForFish MusicForFish TANK YOU!!!!!!

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 4 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
TI am hammered as fucking fuck all and just bought thids game to play th8is with my broi!

MusicForFish MusicForFish TANK YOU!!!!!!
Wait...you got this so we can be raped together?!
teen wolf dylan obrien GIF

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I bought DS1. Oof, it is indeed a bit clunky as many stated it would be compared to ER. I don't see myself getting totally engrossed into it but rather more of play it here and there over time, which is fine.

I'm still trying to finish ER on my fourth toon. This was my challenge character - no ash summons allowed and with a goal of beating it at the lowest level I could make it through. I figured the lack of a sidekick and reduced level bloat would offset having full knowledge of the game and boss mechanics at this point.

Some of the mini-bosses that make multiple appearances, such as the Draconic Tree Sentinels and Erdtree Avatars, were pretty much one shots everytime. That felt good considering how much trouble those fuckers gave me when I first started playing. But I also surprised myself on some of bigger bosses too - Margitt down 20, Godrick downed before 30, Rennala down before 40, Radahn went down at lvl 55, Fire Giant down at 102. Even Commander Niall, who I was really worried about given the 2 ghost soldiers he summons went down at lvl99. That one felt VERY nice.

I'm running with dual twinblades + Seppuku ashes and currently sitting at lvl 119. I have BC/Maliketh, Eden Lord/HL, Radagon/EB and then the optional bosses of Mohg LoB, DL Placidusax and of course Malenia before I finish. Maliketh has been fucking owning me hard but I have at least gotten him down somewhat close so I feel like he will eventually fall. Ditto for Mohg and the DL. As for the others though, I just don't have enough confidence in my skill to get them down short of leveling up quite a bit. 150 seems too high but maybe 140.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Did you do the twin gargoyles? The twin gargoyles gave me the hardest time for a while. I think part of that was I was still getting used to the game and figuring things out, but they have some rough moves to deal with when fighting both and they're huge so it's difficult to keep track of WTF they're doing. Plus, I think my offensive output was kind of behind the curve at the time.

Surprisingly, the fight that made me rage the most was the three NPCs you had to fight by the jar in Caelid. I guess they're like max stat characters with actual player's gear setups or something? I think I was level 80 or so at the time but certain ones could easily one shot me (with 40 vigor) and many had what I later found out were end game type weapons. Plus, any of them with armor I felt like I was barely dinging them. Legit harder than any of the bosses I fought around or after that time. You have to do three in a row so RNG could be really bad on what you'd get. I learned you could go offline and get default opponents but I ended up cheesing them off the cliff instead. It was probably a lot easier when the game was new.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Did you do the twin gargoyles? The twin gargoyles gave me the hardest time for a while. I think part of that was I was still getting used to the game and figuring things out, but they have some rough moves to deal with when fighting both and they're huge so it's difficult to keep track of WTF they're doing. Plus, I think my offensive output was kind of behind the curve at the time.

I forgot about those guys. Yeah, I can see them giving me a ton of trouble with no ash help. I’ll add them to the list to see how well I do with them though.

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well nvm. It took me three tries but I could tell right away I was way over-leveled for the twin gargoyle fight. Their health bars went down in huge chunks at 119.

Given how much rage I've been feeling with Maliketh, I'm ok with not having to deal with it for the twins. LOL

• 2Worf

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
HEY! COOP FREE CXOOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COop mod - pasword "runescape"

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Dudes. That mod though. Open world coop. Drunk. Brings a whole new dimension to gaming. It’s like watching Rocky for the first time!