Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I am constantly blown away how god damn huge this is and how much content they packed into it. God damn. Game of the past many years for me and I’m probably only 20%-30% through it at around 30 hours. Hopefully this game inspires other studios to revise how they do open world. I don’t want mini maps and billions of question marks going forward in open world games.
didnt breath of the wild do this?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
didnt breath of the wild do this?
Yes. Still very different games but you can bet both designers respect what was created. BotW was also the most challenging zelda game since probably SNES.

Easily two best games this Gen.

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I know most of you have probably seen this guy's content and I wasn't very familiar with him up until Elden Ring. They're just pretty cool videos, I guess a lot like that guy who does Warhammer 40K shit, and the other guy who covers Destiny lore.
Vaati’s really stepping up his machinima game. The voice overs with cut quest content were also a nice touch.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Vaati’s really stepping up his machinima game. The voice overs with cut quest content were also a nice touch.
Yeah it's pretty cool. Wasn't ever really a big fan of that type of stuff, but I got into Luton or whatever his name is for Warhammer 40K, and started watching some of this guys work when I started playing Elden Ring.

There's the Alien Theory guy that's pretty good too for everything aliens and predator, he'll cover the old comics in a theatrical sort of manner.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Problem with the rock sling is you often lose one or two rocks due to clipping environmental obstacles and it really kills your deeps.

You could always try using Fallingstar Beast Jaw. It's fun to use and does pretty solid damage but it does have a fairly high Strength requirement (34). Pair it with Fingerprint Stone Shield if you go down the Str/Int route and it massively improves your survivability. Although getting the shield can be frustrating, I died so many times in that fucking pit.
Fallingstar is the best collasal weapon in the game and it's ashes ass fucked many end game bosses for me including Radagon.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Fallingstar is the best collasal weapon in the game and it's ashes ass fucked many end game bosses for me including Radagon.
That's what I've been using, and I don't even think I'm specced appropriately for it, other than a ton of strength. But I managed to get through some pretty tough fights using it. Does pretty good damage and the quickness of firing off that Ash, and the fact that you can stagger so many different things makes it awesome. I still haven't finished the game though. I need to sit down and probably reorient myself with where the hell I was at.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Really seems to stagger things more than any other weapon, which is a pretty big deal

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Really seems to stagger things more than any other weapon, which is a pretty big deal
Yep. Wrecked a number of bosses at the end of the game when I switched to it. Had been using bows and two 1 handers before the last few bosses. Wrecked Maliketh and Radagon with it.

• 1Solidarity

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I typically avoided colossal weapons in my runs given how slow the swing speeds were. They just felt like I was giving the enemy a larger window of opportunity to crit hit me.

After reading the comments above, I loaded up my primary toon, grabbed the Fallingstar weapon I had gathering dust in my storage chest and leveled it up to +11. My guy has cleared all the big bosses in his NG+5 run but I still had numerous dungeons and a few other mini-bosses still alive that I could go test it on.

Holy. Fucking. Shit! I thought my dual twinblades setup was strong. This thing is so good it might as well be cheating.

How on earth does anyone stand a chance against it in PvP?

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Glad to drop a summon sign if u wanna take a swing at the old man with it

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Having never played a souls game and being 30 mins into this one...fuck me.

I get to Lindenwhatever, raped by golden horsey mcfuckstick, find the dragon burnt ruins or whatever, find my first chest and get teleported to who fuck knows where.

• 14Worf
  • 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 18 users

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I get to Lindenwhatever, raped by golden horsey mcfuckstick, find the dragon burnt ruins or whatever, find my first chest and get teleported to who fuck knows where.

If you wanna save yourself a lot of trouble follow this starter guide:

After that check a bunch of early to mid-game rune farm guides. You can get to 100+ pretty easily without progressing much of the game.

Last edited:

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
He will die a hundred times while in nothing but a diaper with a club like the rest of us, and he will like it

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>

This was pretty much my exact experience. I loved it.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rude

Potato del Grande

Is that the mines in Caelid?

Cracking Up Reaction GIF

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity