Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Having never played a souls game and being 30 mins into this one...fuck me.

I get to Lindenwhatever, raped by golden horsey mcfuckstick, find the dragon burnt ruins or whatever, find my first chest and get teleported to who fuck knows where.
If you run down from your spawn there's a Grace not very far away.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Having never played a souls game and being 30 mins into this one...fuck me.

I get to Lindenwhatever, raped by golden horsey mcfuckstick, find the dragon burnt ruins or whatever, find my first chest and get teleported to who fuck knows where.

I think the best bit of advice I could give is once you get the mount run around and unlock as much shit as you can and don't worry about dying. By that I mean collect map fragments, explore the world, and pick up as many Golden Seeds and Sacred Tears as you can get. Starting your playthrough with 11 potions instead of 4 is going to really reduce your chances of an aneurysm.

Then do the dragon kill in the below clip for a huge early boost to your level.

Oh, and learn to roll lots!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My advice is spend two hours on tree sentinel and a regular mob getting wrecked because you don’t get it. Then it clicks.

• 3Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
J Jais

In all seriousness, if you value challenging gaming experiences that are super rewarding due to their *manageable* challenge, I'd suggest just playing and exploring. Ignore golden horsey mcfuckstick for now (this is a necessary lesson of FromSoft games -- it's like Everquest, don't try to fight the Hill Giants at level 10), and just run around Limgrave exploring and leveling up, learning the combat.

If a rewarding experience is not really what you're after, that +100,000 trick Grizzle posted is pretty good for some fast levels, and you can go ham with it if you want by using what Shmoopy posted.

Seriously though, future you might regret it.

• 2Truth!
  • 2Like

DickTrickle

I've never been one to watch streamers or YouTube videos of people playing games, but for some reason I really enjoy watching people do challenge runs in Elden Ring. It definitely highlights the depth of this game and it's interesting seeing the level of skill some people have for some of these really brutal type challenges.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jais

Trakanon Raider
J Jais

In all seriousness, if you value challenging gaming experiences that are super rewarding due to their *manageable* challenge, I'd suggest just playing and exploring. Ignore golden horsey mcfuckstick for now (this is a necessary lesson of FromSoft games -- it's like Everquest, don't try to fight the Hill Giants at level 10), and just run around Limgrave exploring and leveling up, learning the combat.

If a rewarding experience is not really what you're after, that +100,000 trick Grizzle posted is pretty good for some fast levels, and you can go ham with it if you want by using what Shmoopy posted.

Seriously though, future you might regret it.

Appreciate it. Yeah I don't want to spoil too much. I did watch one video on "first things to do" so I've got my horse and some other things that I'm not sure how to use yet, upgraded my heal potion a few times. I just need to learn the controls, figure out the UI a bit and get more familiar with the combat.

Watching the video started to feel like cheating or robbing myself of some of the experience but finding the horse was a game changer.

Appreciate the help fellas.

• 4Like

DickTrickle

If I'm in the middle of a new game at a high level, is it probably unlikely that I'm going to be able to be summoned to help people in their co-op fights? I put down the small golden effigy for a while last night and I never got anything, but maybe I'm doing something wrong. It seems like I'd have to join a specific password protected group to be able to help with coop regardless of level?

On the side note, I was doing some invasions and came across an AFK and managed to wait him out. He was in that stupid bridge spot and I just said fuck it and ran far away and hid and watched a movie. Maidenless shits.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
If I'm in the middle of a new game at a high level, is it probably unlikely that I'm going to be able to be summoned to help people in their co-op fights? I put down the small golden effigy for a while last night and I never got anything, but maybe I'm doing something wrong. It seems like I'd have to join a specific password protected group to be able to help with coop regardless of level?

On the side note, I was doing some invasions and came across an AFK and managed to wait him out. He was in that stupid bridge spot and I just said fuck it and ran far away and hid and watched a movie. Maidenless shits.

Eh on my most recent play thrus, I didn't summon outside of playing with MFF a little while. It does dry up in the souls games compared to launch.

If u want to coop on somethin, just ask here. Lot of willin pals.

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Mobs do an insane amount of damage in NG+6. Even trash hit pretty damn hard.

Malenia has 2-shot me several times now, and that's with the Dragoncrest Greatshield Talisman equipped. You have to basically be perfect against her Waterfowl move or you're insta-gibbed.

Man, fuck that bitch.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

Malenia has 2-shot me several times now, and that's with the Dragoncrest Greatshield Talisman equipped. You have to basically be perfect against her Waterfowl move or you're insta-gibbed.

Man, fuck that bitch.
Just use this strat lol

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Use the general item that puts you in all the pools. You get summoned a lot more with that one instead of dropping runes outside of boss rooms.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Man, fuck that bitch.

Her waterfowl move wouldn't be as much bullshit if the game didn't have such a ridiculously long ability queue.

So many times where she starts it and I already know my guy's locked into 2 more swings and I'm as good as dead.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users