EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ouch that's a big change. I just want the necro class to be a little more streamlined. I really don't like having 3 spell bars and 20 different dots rotating around with hotkey AA dancing just to be close to a mage in dps when they spam 3 or 4 spells over and over. Not sure how the devs can change that really.

Any idea what else is changing in this expansion? I heard that our epic might be level capped (therefore making it worthless- and dropping our crit % chance by 6%-10% depending on your epic level)

My mage alt is looking more and more fun the longer I play my necro. Might be time for a main change.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Kind of a pisser as the only alt I play is my Necro, and Deathbloom is pretty damn cool. Does it need to be nerfed? I dunno, but I do think changing it to a 10 min timer is a bit too much.

i don't know whats going on in the new beta. but, if they aren't nerfing mages alongside necros, it's fucking LAUGHABLE and a giant god damn mistake. necros can't fucking beam kite 80% of a level 95-100.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
The three people that change the game don't fucking play it, that's for sure. Their job isn't even Everquest, it includes other shitty fucking games and shitty fucking games yet to be released.

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
rrr_img_44570.jpg

Last night TFO downed Lether 2.0 to cap off The Serpent's Spine and open The Buried Sea. That means we're officially ahead of the time-locked progression servers. While we'll be spending a week or so farming Frostcrypt and Ashengate to get easy loots (moreEmbershanksperhaps?) we'll be starting Solteris quicker than you know it!

If Call of the Forsaken is giving you the high-level blues, this is a great time to check us out at Thefacelessorder.com. Solteris has visible slots unlocked by raid progress and not droppables, so if you show up to every raid you're basically guaranteed to be outfitted with at least half of the best lvl 75 gear by the end of the expansion.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is Fabled PoP gear considered in Era for TFO? I have a 75 SK with 2600AA who I've been waiting for TFO to catch up with so I can raid Solteris. His gear is all Fabled Time and the level 75 req Eon plated gear from SoD, which while is best in slot for a 75, I am not sure if it is legit for the progression aspect.

I don't have much backup stuff, but I don't think I'd want to re-roll due to the augs/clickies/1.5.

Any thoughts?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
got my warrior on Test to level 51 last night, in just under 12 hours /played. not sure if i'm going to stop at 52 so i can take a stab at Naggy, or if i'll just want to blow right past--gonna take a day to ponder. Naggy IS still level-capped, right?

thanks to Lvl_32_Bard for hooking me up with some gear and plat.

Raynard_sl

shitlord
Is Fabled PoP gear considered in Era for TFO? I have a 75 SK with 2600AA who I've been waiting for TFO to catch up with so I can raid Solteris. His gear is all Fabled Time and the level 75 req Eon plated gear from SoD, which while is best in slot for a 75, I am not sure if it is legit for the progression aspect.

I don't have much backup stuff, but I don't think I'd want to re-roll due to the augs/clickies/1.5.

Any thoughts?
Unfortunately we don't allow any of that stuff at the moment, and it's unlikely that it will be allowed while we are raiding Solteris. Leveling a fresh copy or gearing your current toon isn't bad on test, and it'll be worth it!

patch implemented today. i think merc aa are being introduced as well. we'll see when server pops

edit- they made death bloom 10 mins for necros, which we knew. another interesting change that could negatively effect necros is this little tidbit:

- Fixed a bug that caused post-crit foci to apply to DoT spells before critical damage was applied

maybe that's the doomed 2.0 nerf?

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Unfortunately we don't allow any of that stuff at the moment, and it's unlikely that it will be allowed while we are raiding Solteris. Leveling a fresh copy or gearing your current toon isn't bad on test, and it'll be worth it!
I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to regearing. I don't really know how that would work as I'd be totally useless in TSS raids without gear. Maybe buy group gear and do TSS raids and go from there?

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Test server dev says -

Just for full disclosure - On Live currently, "post-crit" foci like the ones in the Psalm of Potency bard song are being incorrectly modified by crit damage for DoTs only. This change is meant to fix that. Right now in the code that's just gone active on Test, however, DoT spells aren't applying crit damage to worn foci like they should, so DoT damage is drastically reduced. This is not right and it will not go live like it is right now, so please don't freak out. We've got another Test patch coming up early next week and it should be resolved by then.

actually, according to Alas in the test chann, they are slightly better. i've not checked my necro out yet, but he said they gave Necros increased pet durability aa lines and didnt seem to fuck over dots at all.

overbyte

Golden Knight of the Realm
Bit of an update on my crew. We have about 6-8 members now, mostly in the 65 to 70 range. We plan to be stopping at 70 for quite some time doing quests and group content. We mostly have had access to bazaar and defiant gear. A couple of us have finished our 1.0 epics (not bad for one month!) and we are starting to look at the 1.5 quest lines. In your experience, do you think we could manage the raid/events encounters with about 6+mercs?

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
New caster shield spell is handy, more pet durability, more stats/hp/stuff, 3 more seconds on swarm pets. Much much better

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It appears that the new expansion is an unmitigated disaster. 7 page thread on the SOE forums with about 90% of the posts saying they canceled their pre-orders/not buying it.