EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
  1. Dark Leech:Drains the life from your target, doing 1829 damage every six seconds for 42s (7 Ticks). Much of the life-force taken is used to heal your group's wounds.
  2. Pact of Fate:Drains your own health in order to heal your target at a rate of 5447 hit points every six seconds for 24s (4 Ticks).
  3. Soulrip:Drains your target of life energy, siphoning up to 6612 hit points. Has a 2 percent chance to create a soulstone in the process.
  4. Shield of Fate:Absorbs 60 percent of any magic that would take more than 8,000 hit points, or 75 percent of any melee strike that would take more than 10,000 hit points. Fades after absorbing 123,750 points of magical damage or 94,756 points of melee damage.
Well, after playing a couple days with the new spells, 2 of the spells have found their way on to my spell bar full time. The other 2 are very viable in a group situation.

Soulrip: I initially did not think I would use the lifetap, due to the long recast, but then I realized "how often do I spam cast lifetap?" Almost never. What I need is one big, "oh shit, I'm at 40% health and need to be 100%". The new tap at, 6612 damage is the biggest tap we have by a significant margin, with Plunder Essence coming in at 4498. Between direct crits and heal crits, the new tap is a fairly reliable complete heal when ever you need it.

Shield of Fate: This is a game changer. It is the best form of mitigation in the game, for casters, hands down. The long duration and big damage absorption numbers make it mostly 'maintenance-free', as opposed to other runes you are refreshing every time a mob gets their hands on you. It also plays well with CA & CS, only triggering on big hit's that exceed your CA/CS reductions.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I like the new expac, better then rof (zones/mobs/actually have to try to kill named) and thats a fucking fact. Even though they are following their retarded way of releasing an "expansion" in 4-5 installments. Pretty sure its just like 6 dudes working on shitty everquest now. Lots of healer and melee items but the caster ones are finally dropping. I think im just enjoying it more because of all the cry baby pussies on the forums and ingame.

The merc gear is utter fucking garbage but that will get better right before they start the beta for the new new expac. Merc aa's help but it really wont allow you to do very much more. Just wish they would finally fuck with the necro epic and be done with it, wont change a damned thing with what i do and kill.

We need to do dragons dragons dragons! I need to break 8k ac

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Yeah ive been using soulrip a ton, saved my ass on GGG a dozen times. Matched up with our lifetap aa and its just amazing. I always had the normal lifetap on my spell slot 1 for a solid year, took it off right when I maxed out my gear in t4 RoF.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
what Fear proccing weapons are available for warriors these days? i'm mostly treating my Test warrior as a Solo-Warrior-Challenge sort of thing, and would love to add Fear to my bag of tricks. : ) the only fear proc weapon i know of is the old school Polished Obsidian Great Axe from Karnor's Castle. i might just camp it out if there are no other, better options.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
There is an animal fear weapon from Jaggedpine, I couldn't tell you the name but I do remember getting it on EQMac.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Anyone know if it's possible to download expansions you don't own? I bought the new expansion coming out, but don't own the last 2. I'd really rather not have to DL all 3 expansions come Tuesday.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
You can just patch to test server then repatch to a live server or torrent the older ones. Best bet is just patch to test (everthing free). As you prolly know when you buy a new expac you get all old ones included.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the live server even downloads and patches you for all the expansions, even if you don't have access to them... but Alasliasolonik is right, patching the Test server will definitely do it.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Talenvor/everyone - Necro Burn mode.

This list can be better or worse for nearly everyone due to luck, random number generator and who you have in group or raid (druid/bard/ranger/whoever). I leveled up a Druid a bit ago just for fire debuff and the skin-to-plant spell to further help my necro dots, dissolution goes form a 1.7k a tick dot to a 2.8k a tick dot at rk3. So with druid skin debuff add in diss on the lowest damage dot. When in a raid situation you cant 100% rely on anyone else so loading the plant damage dot is iffy.

Spell Lineup at level 100 (raid version/long fight):

1. Pyre of Marnek
2. Ignite Thoughts
3. Pyre of Hazzarak
4. Termination
5. Binaesa Venom
6. Pyre of Nos
7. Doom
8. Naeya Venom
9. Halstor's Pallid Haze
10. Pyre of the Forsaken
11. Ivrikdal's Pallid Haze
12. Pernicious Wounds

Casting in exact order to start burn mode

Scent(non upgraded version with new xpac)
Tash clicky
Fire DD(make undead if solo/grouped)
Undead slow AA(if solo or grouped)
EFoA
Land all 12 DoTs
Silent Casting
Empowered Focus
Mercurial Torment

Load up Gift of Deathly Resolve set - which uses Dissolving Venin (fast recast .9) instead of Pern Wounds, Vollmondnacht Orb instead of Ivrikdal's Pallid Haze - usually land 10 spells before GoDR wears off
So cast fast DD to trigger GoDR and then cast dot

Youll want to pop all robes, spire, embalmers and 7th vet when godr is going for max dps.

Never use Funeral Pyre in a burn. Use Hand of Death instead. Click Hand, then cast Lifeburn, then cast AA Lifetap once Hand triggers to heal back. Funeral Pyre, Bard Aria, Chaotic Power from blood nuke, and Hand are all on same stacking line and you will only gain the effect of the strongest one. Chaotic is Strongest followed by Hand then a huge drop to Aria and then with Pyre being the weakest. Overall hand is the best option because its duration is longer and not limited by counters like Chaotic while being almost as good.

Then Impel time...

Load spell list as posted without Pern, add impel - Dots should be going in full stream thus far and...

12,7,12,1,12,2,12,4, 12,5,12,6,12,8,12,9,12,10, number number number number number

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of this is very easily changed for shorter or longer fights! Shorter fight... load all dots up, pop hand and life burn, robes, spire and embalmers and 7th vet and swiifts or whatever = dead shit.

On group mobs with fights lasting like 20 seconds to a minute its different, even named group mobs. Swarm pets do more then pyre of Marn, so with trash cast swift, swarm pet, swift, swift or add in another swarm from level 95. group t1-4 named that doesnt summon adds or is a pain in the ass... land dots, silent casting, embalmers, 7th vet, robes, spire, hand, life burn, load swifts = dead shit.

Also add in the spell shards for extra damage and you're set, even with the nerf/fix.

rrr_img_45522.jpg

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jesus balls, I thought EQ2 got flack for a million hotbars. I loved my necro in the day, but now it's far too much spell, clickie, and AA juggling these days to play optimally.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I agree... you can half ass nearly 99% of everything though. Snare, scent debuff, mr debuff, pet attack press two macros for five dots and three swifts. I could get rid of some hotbars but i prefer to have those six instead of going through different pages.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I hear the new expansion was beaten within 8 hours of the servers coming online and after only 2 hours of raiding? Gear was mostly 100hem "upgrades" Ouch.

Yeah, I've not logged in for a while, college courses and stuff saps the will to stare at a monitor all day so I'm just farting around with tablet games. Soon though!

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
It's like me selling you a candy bar for 40 bucks but only giving you 7% of it. Not even a full tier of stuff was released, like .5.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Hey, first off thanks for the info. above. Some of that is kinda crazy. One question I had after going over my AA list last night was twincast on dots. I do not remember specific aa names but one or two were passives that gave your dots a chance to twincast. Is that just for the purpose of lowering resists since the second dot will overwrite the first one? I mean I can understand twincast for DD's or heals but dots did not make a lot of sense.

Oh and last night I ran across the blood-gorged huntsman while doing dailies.. (95 shamy and tank merc, and 93 necro and heal merc) I got him down to 5% but shamy died to the dot when I didn't see it land an then necro got summoned cause I was trying to save shamy and not paying attention to agro hehe.. Grrr so close. With both toons having just over 2k aa, you can really tell how hard stuff is without all the HP aa's and cs/ca when stuff hits you.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Twincasting a dot effectively runs the damage calculation twice for what it hits for every round and can then crit etc as normal. It will only show in your combat window as a single spell, if you don't have an audio trigger etc set for twincast you might not even notice it happening.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There are a few hot topics following the release of CotF: Nerfs, Content, AA's & Spells

1.Nerfs: I don't give a shit about the class nerfs. Chalk this one up to cry babies crying. It is a necessary reality of MMO games. Sometimes it happens to you and sometimes it happens to the other guy. In the long run, having a somewhat balanced game is worth it.

What I do give a shit about is how they fucked up mercs, for the sole reason of making their expansion merc-gimmick work. Wizard mercs have been nerfed from 20k dps to 8k dps. A 60% damage reduction. Why? It is for the sole reason of slipping Merc AA's and Gear into the game. That is like your employer reducing your pay by 60% and then saying that you can have your money back, if you put 80 hour weeks in for the next 3 months.

2.Content: Raiding guilds, 8 hours of content and done. LOL. Why even release an "expansion" if you cannot even provide more than 24 hours of new content. This is a travesty.

Their staged release of future content is a joke. It is like going to a car dealership, paying $40,000 for a new car and walking out with only the tires. "Don't worry, we will send you the vehicle frame in 4 months. Next Spring you can look forward to your seats arriving in the mail, and in the Summer time, YOU GET YOUR ENGINE!!!!" Um, thanks. You scumbags.

This is a resource issue. The EQ team is a skeleton crew. The stage content release is one out of necessity, so don't try to tell your customers that it is somehow for the health of the game.

As for groupers, they simply haven't provided enough for them either. From what I can see, the expansion's only repeatable grind mechanic (heroic adventures) only provide side-grades to tier-4 ROF gear. In three weeks from now, when the casual groupers have burned through all the content for CotF, SOE is going to have a big problem on their hands.

3.Spells and AA's: The spells, they are passable. It seems more thought was put into some classes than others. Without a level increase, a host of new spells can't really be expected anyways.

The AA's are merely a few more ranks of already existing passive's. Everyone will re-max them in a day or two. That's it, that's all there is to say about them...ho-hum.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Has there been an equivalent reduction in the effectiveness of the tank and healer mercs? (and melee dps?)

**Edit Looks like Piestro said on the forums it is a known bug and will be fixed.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Healers have mana issues now and there are anecdotal reports that tanks are more squishy than they have ever been.

I really don't mind them making balance changes and nerfs... but when it is blatantly to compensate for the given the new Merc AA's and gear, it is shady as shit. You cannot take game mechanics, that work just fine. Destroy them, then offer $40 *patch along with a 3 month grind session to get them back up to same level they were.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I really haven't seen a reduction in healer merc, I've been able to molo nearly every named in the xpac. I have read all the comments about wiz/tanks mercs and it is shady as shit, that merc gear is fucking worthless.

Camped the new EM 15 earing today in fourth gate and it was easy as fuck. Got luckly and the named spawned on the third mob repop.

So with the nerf six months ago to pets, I'm back to normal pet power with the newly maxed aa's and enhanced minion...... weeeeeeeeeee

Now when the code is fixed it will go back down because they dont want a % based incrase for dots (epic nerf). Gone are the days of the swift dots hitting for 300k a tick on super burn mode. Sure as shit glad I don't give these fucking retards money, nor will I ever again (sup shiity EQN). Last time they got a single cent from me was back in 2001.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Is there some modifier on mercs that makes the merc gear any sort of useful? 960 marks for 600ish hps each? Im either missing something or SoE is.