EQ Never

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's hard to feel hype over a game that's just another game with a graphics overhaul.

It's hard to feel hyped over an even farther in the future game being designed by committee instead of by passion, artistry, or central vision.

Especially when the "designed by committee" part is what they are trying to sell as the hype.

I'm sure EQN will be an interesting game.

I'm also pretty sure it'll be a soul-less one.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
As long as it hasn't attracted Utnayan's ire EQN?EQNL are doing better than the rest of the upcoming crop (Except for Ever, Jane because that's the real WoW killer).

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
EQN's marketing is geared towards a self perpetuating social media buzz. It is not geared towards people who read these forums.

It might seem pointless now when they're just looking for feedback on trivial stuff like the font color of chat, but later on when important things are functional like combat, abilities, land claims, etc it'll be nice to have a developer round table video about it, then use it as a fuel for flame posts and community rage. Then it'll be interesting if based on that community reaction, they actually change stuff.

But that wont happen. Because everyone involved in that process clearly lacks passion, artistry, and central vision.

Bruman

Golden Squire
I don't know why you guys are saying they don't have a central vision, when they clearly do. The vision is green. Green that they think they get by MASS MARKET APPEAL SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE because that's been working out so well for almost every MMO made in the past 7 years or whatever.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I can live with that. I'm guessing boats weren't mentioned at all, which makes sense because they still don't seem to have figured out voxel liquids.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Didn't mention boats or really even what style their fast travel would use. The only other thing they mentioned was mounts (briefly) as in they wanted to space the fast travel stations out enough so you'd still have a need for mounts to get around between them.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sounds like they're aiming for a vanilla WoW type of travel. Have to unlock the flight-points before you can use them and it won't be 'instant transportation'.
Just like EQ2's griffon transport at release then. Had physically travel to these towers and do mini quests at each to be able to use the griffons, which would fly you (not instantly either) to the other towers in the zone that you had previously unlocked.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Just like EQ2's griffon transport at release then. Had physically travel to these towers and do mini quests at each to be able to use the griffons, which would fly you (not instantly either) to the other towers in the zone that you had previously unlocked.
pretty standard mechanism get there once you are set.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
As long as it hasn't attracted Utnayan's ire EQN?EQNL are doing better than the rest of the upcoming crop (Except for Ever, Jane because that's the real WoW killer).
I wouldn't attribute his absence to EQN EQNL being better than other games, just that there is nothing to talk about when it comes to EQN right now. Videos we see don't show much either, certainly nothing from EQN. I don't think anyone here was impressed by that last dev video, as others have stated, it is a new skin on an old game (what it seems like so far anyways).

What about showing us how digging works, crafting, etc. Is that all done from in game models, or can you actually create your own features, furnitures, etc? Or do you have to use pre-designed items for anything that is not "land" based? Meaning you can build a large castle from the stone, but you are stuck using dev created assets for the things such as doors or furniture.

Show us the ties between EQL and EQN.

Where is the "gameplay" in Landmark? Is there combat? Is there creative mode/non-creative mode? Can you mod it? That is what made minecraft huge, not the simple basegame.

I will be trying Landmark, but nothing about it so far suggests it to be any sort of "mmo" with character progression. That is where EQN comes in, and that game is nothing but design documents at this point. I'm also waiting for the inevitable "EQN on next gen consoles!" statement.

EDIT: Have they cracked the whole "how do we turn voxels into liquids?" now? He mentioned buckets, for things like lava. But the lava block/circle thing shown was clearly a solid with lava colored textures.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Didn't mention boats or really even what style their fast travel would use. The only other thing they mentioned was mounts (briefly) as in they wanted to space the fast travel stations out enough so you'd still have a need for mounts to get around between them.
They also mention that instantaneous travel would exist, but be extremely limited (hopefully things like wizard spires and druid rings, but not much else).

All in all, sounds pretty much like what I want out of a travel system, so I'm satisfied in that regard.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Have they cracked the whole "how do we turn voxels into liquids?" now? He mentioned buckets, for things like lava. But the lava block/circle thing shown was clearly a solid with lava colored textures.
*shrug* these people are makingsomeprogress

Mughal

Bronze Knight of the Realm
*shrug* these people are makingsomeprogress
True but there is a difference between showing the functionality and integrating something like that on an MMO the scale of EQ where you can't trust the client. I'm sure it will be added but right now I'd like the game shipped and liquids added in a patch down the road. I mean Warcraft's first revamp of water came with Cata and in 5.3 they added some effects.