EQ Never

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
So Miragul = Emperor Palpatine. Got it
Yeah all his Chapters talk about how his father never loved him and hated that he read books and how when he is empirer he will make things better and how he liked listening to the halflings songs and bla bla bla.

Then at the end he's like I'm going to make things better for the high elves by killing/enslaving lesser racers something my father would never fully commit too and lightning bolts people.

also I can't get over the fact that Miragul is a fucking elf. Dude was an Erudite jesus christ.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I prefer the old Erudite multi class Mage/Necro/Wizard/Enchanter who wants to live forever so he can acquire even more knowledge Miragul myself.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
^ This. Give me the ole' Erudite lich version

bndocks_ep104_03.jpg

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Guys you really dont get the plot twist.
Miragul will of course end up being an egghead, who studied all that schools of magic and happens to run out of time.
So after some evil scheming he just got rid of that Miragul wannabe elf prince and took full control of his youth and handsome body via necroancy and enchanting magic.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Guy from official forums found this beauty of a quote from Smed last year.

"[-]j_smedley

86 points 1 year ago

doubts? My God.. it's full of stars...

Have no doubts. The emergent AI system is the real secret sauce. Forget the awesome world that you can blow up. This is what's really going to change MMOs forever."

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

"[-]j_smedley

86 points 1 year ago

Have no doubts. The emergent AI system is the real secret sauce. Forget the awesome world that you can blow up. This is what's really going to change MMOs forever."
yea, I think we are going to be horrified at what we get from Daybreak. They've hyped it up too much that it's doomed to be underwhelming.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I admit I'm sad.

I'm sad for those who lost their job, because nowadays it's harder to find a new than it was 10 years ago. (Good luck to you all).
I'm sad because MMOs are declining in quality and the target audience gradually changed over the years going far from my idea of fun and immersion (I'm getting older, I can say whatever the fuck I want).
I'm sad because I wanted to go back to Norrath, even a new one and discover all the things that were familiar to me several years ago.
I'm sad for the emergent AI disappearing (likely?) and that was sold as one of the main features of the game.
I'm sad because I don't think there will be an EQ Next that will be released in an acceptable state and fun at the same time. (I hope I'm wrong).

At least it's still fun to talk about MMOs, probably more fun than it is to play them.

Vitality

HUSTLE
yea, I think we are going to be horrified at what we get from Daybreak. They've hyped it up too much that it's doomed to be underwhelming.
Storybricks wasn't even given a chance with EQN because EQN barely exists right now. They haven't even started full development on it yet.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Guys you really dont get the plot twist.
Miragul will of course end up being an egghead, who studied all that schools of magic and happens to run out of time.
So after some evil scheming he just got rid of that Miragul wannabe elf prince and took full control of his youth and handsome body via necroancy and enchanting magic.
Nope, They already show Miragul as an adult in an earlier book then they also show him being killed and resurrected as a Lich by a dragon in another.

Also, Erudites don't exist in EQNext.

They have mentioned every races but Erudites and I think Barbarians.

Mur_sl

shitlord
Nope, They already show Miragul as an adult in an earlier book then they also show him being killed and resurrected as a Lich by a dragon in another.

Also, Erudites don't exist in EQNext.

They have mentioned every races but Erudites and I think Barbarians.
Erudites do exist. They are mentioned as a powerful psionic race, that the Elves could not conquer, even with high magic. The Erudites basically charmed the Elves to make them think they were in control, and then just went about their normal lives.

Barbarians also exist (per dev statements); they are humans that never left and went to Kunark. They were never a part of the original Combine. They basically stayed and dealt with the dragon armies as best they could; probably by fleeing to the most remote and inhospitable places they could find.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Erudites do exist. They are mentioned as a powerful psionic race, that the Elves could not conquer, even with high magic. The Erudites basically charmed the Elves to make them think they were in control, and then just went about their normal lives.

Barbarians also exist (per dev statements); they are humans that never left and went to Kunark. They were never a part of the original Combine. They basically stayed and dealt with the dragon armies as best they could; probably by fleeing to the most remote and inhospitable places they could find.
Where? I never saw any of that.

gogojira_sl

shitlord

"[-]j_smedley

86 points 1 year ago

Yeah, that's the one that kept coming to mind for me. I remember him specifically citing Storybricks as the reason to be excited. Even if they do press on with the concept, it's obviously not a main focus anymore.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Yeah, that's the one that kept coming to mind for me. I remember him specifically citing Storybricks as the reason to be excited. Even if they do press on with the concept, it's obviously not a main focus anymore.
Which is pathetic because all most people wanted was just EQ + A little better graphics + Storybricks.

Clearly Voxels are the Devil's Playthings designed to suck out the innovation from all other aspects of the game.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist

"[-]j_smedley

86 points 1 year ago

remember the "Permadeath in EQN?!" and "SWG players, you can come home now" = H1Z1 tweets? lol