EQ Never

jarrettmp_sl

shitlord
hey, from where is everyone resourcing the halas example, qeynos lore etc being included in the game? An article or something like that? or is it just hypothesizing..?

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
hey, from where is everyone resourcing the halas example, qeynos lore etc being included in the game? An article or something like that? or is it just hypothesizing..?
Go to page 1, look at all of the links.

Go to youtube, watch all of the panels.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
All this focus on funneling the players into one "faction" (qeynosians) and many parts of the world being "overrun by dragons" gives me a bad feeling. Watch this end up a plain good vs evil situation with all players and good npcs united against the evil dragons. Would be a shame if they turned the previously diverse racial tensions and biases into a boring twodimensional "us vs them" scenario, where "them" isnt even represented by PCs but simply the mean dragons. Even Velious that was mostly about the dragons had more diversity in factions and alignments then I'm feeling in EQN so far.

belfast_sl

shitlord
For those decrying rallying calls for not being "sandbox/dynamic":

This sounds like the only part of the game that isn't those things, yet you are asking to control the lore/writing of something that more or less already exists. And, if you were able to create or destroy a potential Halas, how is that sandbox-esque? That's a pass/fail, two options. The game has to have *some* constants in it. At least this game is going to. If their shit goes according to plan, maybe they'll make an empty world with similar systems but zero towns or lore the next go around.

I just hope that future game isnt f2p so it can have some heavy moderation of names and content.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
The RCs aren't going to be as cool or sandboxy as anyone here wants(me included). They aren't going to limit classes, they want to see Halas in some form of constructive state, and a theme they are pushing is the rebuild of the continent after the long time away. I could blame it on sony being sony or even them being too ambitious but the primary problem is the players. Some people truly enjoy screwing over everyone else as their primary gaming experience. There should still be a server set that caters to this group though. Sony has to know that this is a form of giving players what they want.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
There should still be a server set that caters to this group though. Sony has to know that this is a form of giving players what they want.
Whats funny is that you think that these people will somehow coalesce together on some shit platter server and leave you alone, when their primary motivation in gaming is to fuck with people like YOU, not others like them. YOU cater to this group. and nothing SoE does will change this fact.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
All this focus on funneling the players into one "faction" (qeynosians) and many parts of the world being "overrun by dragons" gives me a bad feeling. Watch this end up a plain good vs evil situation with all players and good npcs united against the evil dragons. Would be a shame if they turned the previously diverse racial tensions and biases into a boring twodimensional "us vs them" scenario, where "them" isnt even represented by PCs but simply the mean dragons. Even Velious that was mostly about the dragons had more diversity in factions and alignments then I'm feeling in EQN so far.
Hope to hell that you really only ever need one character. One starting zone is the quickest way to put a bullet in the head of an otherwise decent game when it comes to that first month renewal.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Whats funny is that you think that these people will somehow coalesce together on some shit platter server and leave you alone, when their primary motivation in gaming is to fuck with people like YOU, not others like them. YOU cater to this group. and nothing SoE does will change this fact.
Nope, quite wrong tbh. See, Sony likes money more than they like that subset so im quite fine in that regard. If I want to play that, there's other options out there for it. Thanks for thinking about me though. It's nice.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Qeynos is the worst starting zone and I have no clue why they chose it as the center of civilization.
Because they cant let go of the fact they made a word out of reversing Sony EQ. They wont let that monumental discovery go quietly into the night. They are going to ride that wave all the way out.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Why the fuck was Qeynos a shitty starting area? It was an awesome city, had Fippy motherfucking Darkpaw, and BB/everfrost close by.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
No, you don't get it. I'm fine with that stuff and would like to be in on trying to destroy Halas with my DE necro. It's not a priority for Sony or any other top developer to make games for people that try to make games less fun for any group of people. That's counter productive to their goals of making money. Sure, it may be carebear, and not fit in with games like Eve. Sony s not and will not be making this game as a fantasy Eve. Maybe they will make a server for that or even make EQ3 more like Eve. I don't know for sure but I do know this game won't be one where players feel they are being hindered too much by other players. Guarantee it.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Real men started in freeport, took the boat and accidently fell somewhere in the ocean of tears.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Also the Halas is just an example. Just because you want PVP and actual up in the air outcomes for major events doesn't make it "griefing" to me at least.

If I'm playing "bad" side I'd hope the "good" side would constantly try and fuck up any progress on founding Neriak or something of the sort.

Or me playing a halfling Druid might have me fighting to found Halas while opposing any troll city and so on.

I don't take that as griefing - I take it as contention between factions and have much more fun not having a predetermined outcome.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Fay is overrun with dragons and dragon-kin, apparently. Someone tweeted Dave about that being lame and he said

"So take it back from them."
On the Evercast Twitch lobby I said a player driven auction system would be awesome rather than flipping through a menu interface and he said "So make it happen." I think he loves giving that response, it's a pretty easy way to dodge a question.

But if Faydark is actually overrun with dragons and we can take it back, that would be a pretty cool way and works out in favor of SOE, too, freeing them of having a bunch of content there day one. We take it back, we perform a few RCs and over time Faydark is a thing. We can reminisce about how we founded that shit, they can roll the content out over time.

It might get some hate, but the whole concept of building Norrath is fucking brilliant. It justifies content not being in place and for the people looking with a less critical eye, they'll feel a sense of ownership when they participate in events that essentially patches in content.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
On the Evercast Twitch lobby I said a player driven auction system would be awesome rather than flipping through a menu interface and he said "So make it happen." I think he loves giving that response, it's a pretty easy way to dodge a question.

But if Faydark is actually overrun with dragons and we can take it back, that would be a pretty cool way and works out in favor of SOE, too, freeing them of having a bunch of content there day one. We take it back, we perform a few RCs and over time Faydark is a thing. We can reminisce about how we founded that shit, they can roll the content out over time.

It might get some hate, but the whole concept of building Norrath is fucking brilliant. It justifies content not being in place and for the people looking with a less critical eye, they'll feel a sense of ownership when they participate in events that essentially patches in content.
I saw your auction comment, his reply, in my opinion is tantamount to "Well, don't use the AH then lol you don't HAVE to use it ^_^"