EQ Never

italica

Trakanon Raider
I did it.. but real men ran Qeynos <------- Freeport. Q to F is Commie shit. And I did it with a wizard.. none of that SoW BS.
Ran from Neriak to Qeynos on my first character at level 11 (DE Wizard). For no reason other than exploring. I remember being amazed at how long it took to cross West Karana that first time.

belfast_sl

shitlord
@ the EQN people formulating these awful polls:

"If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions. "

- Jules Winnfield

Guns And Ninjas? Pirates VS Ninjas factions Rally Call confirmed!

Relevant
Pirate_vs__Ninja_by_Sanaril.jpg

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ran from Neriak to Qeynos on my first character at level 11 (DE Wizard). For no reason other than exploring. I remember being amazed at how long it took to cross West Karana that first time.
I remember trying to tell a friend who had made a halfling how to get to qeynos. Okay once you get into the scary goblin dungeon hug the right wall and RUNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!! Kinda funny that two of the newbie zones pretty much had people running through dungeons to get to the rest of the world with halas having to go through black burrow which admittedly was less scary than runnyeye.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
The baffling thing about that poll, and the thing that kept me from answering an unequivocal "no", is that they list ninjas as a "modern" concept. Makes you wonder just what their definition of modern is; is it anything that's either geographically or chronologically separated from medieval Europe? Because ninjas certainly aren't chronologically separated. Are monks 'modern', because they're based on a Chinese concept? Are the ogres now too modern because they're now themed on the Mongols?

Clearly a discussion needs to take place on what is 'modern', before we can say what does and doesn't belong in the game.

dgrabs_sl

shitlord
I'm getting a little tired of Ponytail's flippant and not-so-subtle smarmy responses. Every time he's asked a question about something it's always some bullshit answer of "Well make it happen" or "We have a solution for that and you'll like it." I can just imagine him sitting at his computer typing them out with that shit-eating grin he's always got plastered across his face.

I understand that for strategic purposes they obviously can't publish an exact blueprint of how this game is going to work, but in all actuality that haven't really shown us shit yet.

Show me a screenshot of Qeynos for cying out loud. Anything.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
The baffling thing about that poll, and the thing that kept me from answering an unequivocal "no", is that they list ninjas as a "modern" concept. Makes you wonder just what their definition of modern is; is it anything that's either geographically or chronologically separated from medieval Europe? Because ninjas certainly aren't chronologically separated. Are monks 'modern', because they're based on a Chinese concept? Are the ogres now too modern because they're now themed on the Mongols?

Clearly a discussion needs to take place on what is 'modern', before we can say what does and doesn't belong in the game.
40 Classes. Ninjas are coming. Pirates probably as well. But with luck we can keep out guns.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Submitted a poll suggestion to have turtles has a playable race.
That way i can finally have my Donatello turtle ninja in everquest and build my dojo next to the docks in Oasis, mount a chocobo ( cause hell, at this point why not) then spam passing players '' LETS ROLEPLAY'' .................................................. .................................................. .................

My dream game. Am sure Rosie would approve.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
40 Classes. Ninjas are coming. Pirates probably as well. But with luck we can keep out guns.
Long cooldown musket offhands with cutlass mainhand/weapons. Gnomes made robots for fucksakes, surely they could figure out gun powder.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
The roundtable is a fucking joke, but most of us knew that already.

spoiler alert: they'll implement this goofy shit either way.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Ran from Greater Fay to Halas as an enchanter before hitting level 10 to meet up with my friend who was a shaman up there. OMG scary freaking run!

I have no problem with guns or ninjas. Ranged attacks already will exist (bows), and so what if Ninja is their version of a non-tranquil monk.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
I have no problem with guns or ninjas. Ranged attacks already will exist (bows), and so what if Ninja is their version of a non-tranquil monk.
If you want Ninjas and gunblades and shit, go play any number of Asian grinders that are out there. Look at what that shit did to my precious UO..

rrr_img_40289.jpg

And if someone says "Steam powered pistol" again I'm going to muzzle thump them in the sternum with my M4.