EQ Never

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
My only hope is that its a setup for the world changing/expanding or an expansion or something. I'm hoping that all the evil deities come back with a bunch of followers (people who choose to follow them) and creates some cool rally calls and maybe some pvp opportunities. I think they could usher the evil deities in and have rally calls to found new cities such as Neriak and such and create some pretty massive wars.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, it seems kind of stupid to think....this is the game and it will ALWAYS be exactly how it is at release!

There wasn't a single hint of Mayong in the new EQ2 world. 2 years later, he's got multiple zones, instances, raids, etc...

Mugaaz_sl

shitlord
I am still pissed at no Rallos Zek, Marr is a pussy. I will find a way to worship zek in game and destroy all the pink pallies who worship the lame war god Marr.
Amen. I'm not worshiping Marr period. Zek was a badass and I don't understand why they had to remove the old flavoful evil gods because they wanted to merge both aspects of the persona. Why couldn't Zek, Inoruuk, or Cazic be done that way?

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
As long as you have the balls to worship someone, lame agnostics need to grow a pair and represent they gods

Siliconemelons

OT Lore: I loved EQ lore, and yes on the surface its very standard high fantasy...but is not that intended? Also you could tell they had some very, very talented people write up all the initial lore and background- EQ is actually very rich in history- hince the outrage etc- and yes I like the presentation of the lore like in EQ1, you as your character seek it out and participate in it... of cource it could use some modernisation etc but it still was there

OT WoW PVP: Being a Thunderlord babie in classic wow- rocking the Warlock I LOVED world and BG PVP- it was fun, I loved the ranking system it had etc- and those day(s)-long AVs where the shit yo...they FELT epic and hell- they WHERE epic! seeing the allys come back from being nothing but 1 graveyard and barely holding off the hoard win to winning was insane. As a lock I was good at getting past lines and going and causeing shit behind their seige line- and in old AV that mattered...so they would have to send some poeple back to deal with me... four or five others doing the same and you seriously can mess up there stuff and let your main force break their lines.... if the main force is all bunched and break down their battle line- you time cap some random GYs to disperse them- that one force can charge in and win while the "what we where dominating!" force scratches their heads.

And I am still excited for EQN, we have to see what indeed is put on the plate- I dont think anyone is denying the fact that we cannot truely judge till we play it... but there is nothing wrong with trying to steer the devs to what, many of us feel, is a better direction.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
OT Lore: I loved EQ lore, and yes on the surface its very standard high fantasy...but is not that intended? Also you could tell they had some very, very talented people write up all the initial lore and background- EQ is actually very rich in history- hince the outrage etc- and yes I like the presentation of the lore like in EQ1, you as your character seek it out and participate in it... of cource it could use some modernisation etc but it still was there

OT WoW PVP: Being a Thunderlord babie in classic wow- rocking the Warlock I LOVED world and BG PVP- it was fun, I loved the ranking system it had etc- and those day(s)-long AVs where the shit yo...they FELT epic and hell- they WHERE epic! seeing the allys come back from being nothing but 1 graveyard and barely holding off the hoard win to winning was insane. As a lock I was good at getting past lines and going and causeing shit behind their seige line- and in old AV that mattered...so they would have to send some poeple back to deal with me... four or five others doing the same and you seriously can mess up there stuff and let your main force break their lines.... if the main force is all bunched and break down their battle line- you time cap some random GYs to disperse them- that one force can charge in and win while the "what we where dominating!" force scratches their heads.

And I am still excited for EQN, we have to see what indeed is put on the plate- I dont think anyone is denying the fact that we cannot truely judge till we play it... but there is nothing wrong with trying to steer the devs to what, many of us feel, is a better direction.
That's some of the worst grammar I've ever seen. The fact that you're old enough to have played EQ1, yet still type in such a way, is mind-bottling.

Bruman

Golden Squire
That's some of the worst grammar I've ever seen. The fact that you're old enough to have played EQ1, yet still type in such a way, is mind-bottling.
I don't see the- problem with the....way he typed....the words- not sure what your....issue....is with- it.

(And I think you meant "boggling" unless bottling is some meme I'm not aware of)

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Back to EQN, we know orcs are in. I wonder what other npcs we will see? Hopefully we will see undead, giants and my favorite the Aviaks.

What do you want to see?

Binkles_sl

shitlord
What do you want to see?
A massive brownie army with death touch. Exploring LFay at low levels was exhilarating.

lfaydark-brownies.jpg

graffiti_sl

shitlord
I always thought EQ's lore was real amateur hour garbage honestly. From start to finish it was just boring, generic fantasy. Like a Salvatore book in game form. It is kinda strange to see that people actually got emotionally invested in that crap. Especially when it comes to the characters. The gods of EQ have damn near no depth to them whatsoever. They were just names attached to poorly written fanfic for years, and then loot pinatas during PoP. Sony could of just scrapped them all and had a name generator spit out a dozen new ones and nothing of value would of been lost.

You guys like what you like I guess, but jesus boys you are setting the bar a bit low on things to get upset about.
This. Don't get me wrong I love EQ and I'm extremely excited about EQ:Next but if you think about it, the lore was nothing but generic. I'm starting to realize why many of us including myself are such huge fanboys, it was the only option for an MMO back in a time when having dsl meant you were a badass. Reading through this entire post and comparing it to current-gen MMO's has made me realize what a time-consuming and horrible experience EQ really was. I have great memories from the game but they are few and far between. I started reading this with the idea SOE is ruining a classic but they're really just making it a more enjoyable experience.

belfast_sl

shitlord
AV pvp was trash. There's nothing thrill-inducing or skill- requiring about melting to 40 peoples' focus fire, when at that stage of the game all it took was focus fire from 3-4 of any class to instantly kill any other class, save paladins. A swordspec warrior could 1-shot most classes if they got a proc and had a decent weapon/gear.

Source: swordspecced arms warrior, pre-resilience.