EQ Never

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
What's really stupid is there are so many things that can lead to shit performance in a game that only a moron would immediately jump to the conclusion that it must be the engine's fault.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah everything so far has just been smoke and mirrors. There has been no real substance , where is the character creator at... isn't that one of the first things most games show off?

There's just no chance of this game before 2015. Even rushed, I don't see how it's going to be possible.
my thoughts as well.

Also contributing to a later-than-expected release will be if EQ Landmark is really successful. Why launch if the game is fostering creativity that they want the opportunity to bring into EQN?

dgrabs_sl

shitlord
This whole thing is going to be a PR nightmare. I actually feel bad for them. They dangled the carrot of EQ:N in front of an MMO crowd and then expected to distract them with Landmark while they build the game. I don't think they saw any of this coming. I don't think they anticipated the community launching into heated debates over the tiniest of details. I bet they'd take a mulligan on the last 5 weeks if it was given to them.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I really only care that Landmark is an appealing entity atm. EQN is too far out to give a shit. Having a bigger (better?) MineCraft as a side-project from a big studio sounds like win. I still think MineCraft is the future of a lot of different genres, but its influence on open world environments will be massive. It has similarities to PvP in that the players make their own content so long as you provide them with a set of tools that have limits. PvP is like reality TV, a lot cheaper and easier to crank out than scripted content, and MineCraft stuff will be the same thing.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Pretty sure the DE, dwarves, and the landmark lava build were the 'assets' you speak of

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Now you're just lying. By the way dont pretend you know shit about PS2 because you don't. You clearly didn't even know PS2 and EQN both used Forgelight engine. That's why you went full retard in your original post because how could anyone know anything about EQN engine.

Minimum System Requirements
OS - Windows XP
Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 or higher / AMD Phenom II X2 or higher
Memory - 4 GB RAM
Hard Drive - 15 GB free
Video Memory - 256 MB RAM
Video Card - nVidia GeForce 8600 series or higher / AMD or ATI 4850 series or higher
Sound Card - DirectX compatible
Recommended System
OS - Windows 7
Processor - Intel i5 processor or higher / AMD Phenom II X6 or higher
Memory - 8 GB RAM
Hard Drive - 15 GB free
Video Memory - 1,024 MB RAM
Video Card - nVidia GeForce GTX 560 series or higher / AMD HD 6870 or higher
Sound Card - DirectX compatible
rrr_img_42250.jpg

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
There's just no chance of this game before 2015. Even rushed, I don't see how it's going to be possible.
It will not be. Smed stated at SOE Live this year that they would have a more fleshed out SOE Live next year. Expect a limited closed beta to start after that (With invites given out at SOE Live), so that puts the timeline of beta to start at around August or September 2014. This lasts for 6ish months, which would put EQN at around Q1ish 2015. I expect a February - April 2015 release, highly doubt sooner than that, might even be as late as summer.

As to it having been in development for 18 months that someone mentioned, if I remember correctly, that is not true. Certainly not the engine. Fairly sure it has been in actual development for no longer than 6-7 months before SOE Live this year based on their statements there. The only thing they have done so far is their engine and they are working on getting that done before EQN. They released Landmark information on SOE Live this year to counter the negative backlash that would come from showing nothing when Smed had promised a playable build at SOE Live in 2013 back in 2012 (when they showed nothing, having scrapped the game for the first time before that). We are not seeing EQN info because there is none yet other than lore/design documents and perhaps the landmass (though I think they said the world map they showed is also a placeholder).

Bellringer_sl

shitlord
So I went to a local gaming shop that I frequent (I play MtG) to drink and watch the LSU game last night. On Saturday's they host games such as Yu-Gi-Oh(sp) and Vanguard. I decided to watch a few of the kids(and creepy 50 somethings) play those games too see what they were like. Then it hit me. We are dead guys. Old and from a bygone era. We have nothing that gaming companies want. When you look at MtG, everything about it is made for our type of player. The art, the game play, the thought process. When you watch people play the other games, you notice that the art is much more "cartoony" and "cutesy". The gameplay is where you really see the the difference. Those games are just two people masterbating at each other. Every turn they are doing 10-15 things in 30 seconds. It is made for the ADHD generation. EQN seems to be working in the same way.

It was pretty depressing... or maybe I was just depressed at the way LSU looked last night... either way...