EQ Never

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
I'm hoping EQL actually has an interface and toolset that makes me want to try the building thing.

I realize I'm in the extreme minority here , but I just couldn't get into Minecraft (or Terraria or such). At the same time I do enjoy seeing what folks have done with Minecraft.

glumner_sl

shitlord
You forgot to add "in personal opinion".

Now, some actual data on Minecraft. 12 million copies as of yesterday, regularly in the top 10 games on any platform it has been ported on. It is the top selling console game in several geographies, outselling FPSs, racing games and RPGs. A cultural phenomenon. And according to your definition of EQL, "definitively" a waste, and just a toolset.

You don't like the concept of a game that nobody has played, fine. But add something meaningful to the discussion or go back to reddit.
The devil are you talking about, dude? You're just taking words out of context and making an argument based on something that wasn't said. I didn't say EQL was a waste. I said demanding immersion was. They've done nothing to make me think that EQL is anymore than a map editor that you can run around in. That's fine and sounds fun, but it doesn't sound like a real RPG.

Next time read for some fucking comprehension or go eat a bag of dicks.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
They do seem to somewhat have blurred the lines of what exactly EQL will be , or entail at least.

At initial mention of it I got the impression it almost was 100% toolset builder and that's it. Now it seems they are adding this and that possible elements to it.

I'm on the side of zero worries should be put into immersion for EQL if it's purpose is to build content for EQN , but I wonder how far "game like" they will end up making it.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Creating an immersive "world" doesn't appear to be the goal. Rather, this is going to be a more instantly-gratifying game where players can log in for 5 minutes and have instant fun playing their colorful action superhero toon in a fantasy setting or load up EQNL and work on your latest art project.
I honestly didn't really get this impression during their presentations at SoE Live. Yeah they don't want blind races at the start of the game, but they did say they want dark dungeons that require torches, etc. I also think StoryBricks has the potential to make the absolute most immersive world (when it comes to NPCs, atleast) to date. I think things like unlocking class (SK & Paladin) through in-game behavior is pretty damn cool, too.

It must be noted however that all we've heard is talk, and seen very little. Whether they will deliver on things like pitch caves that require torches or whether StoryBricks will live up to the hype remains to be seen.

I'm hoping EQL actually has an interface and toolset that makes me want to try the building thing.

I realize I'm in the extreme minority here , but I just couldn't get into Minecraft (or Terraria or such). At the same time I do enjoy seeing what folks have done with Minecraft.
You're not alone. I could never get into it. Perhaps the idea of a creation making it into EQNext will interest me enough to to build stuff. MineCraft is kind of neat, but always seemed kind of pointless.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The devil are you talking about, dude? You're just taking words out of context and making an argument based on something that wasn't said. I didn't say EQL was a waste. I said demanding immersion was. They've done nothing to make me think that EQL is anymore than a map editor that you can run around in. That's fine and sounds fun, but it doesn't sound like a real RPG.

Next time read for some fucking comprehension or go eat a bag of dicks.
Well..he is "they" in a sense since he's working on EQL most likely.. But besides the point...There will most likely be more MMO in EQL than we think. They've said it a few times that its own MMO. Who knows what that will entail but I think it will have more depth than minecraft so it won't be just a map editor.

glumner_sl

shitlord
Well..he is "they" in a sense since he's working on EQL most likely.. But besides the point...There will most likely be more MMO in EQL than we think. They've said it a few times that its own MMO. Who knows what that will entail but I think it will have more depth than minecraft so it won't be just a map editor.
That may be true. However, at a certain point they will have to decide between devoting storytelling resources to EQN and EQL, the latter of which will have all sorts of mechanical impediments which will prevent simply mirroring what they throw into EQN. My point, in its entirety, is that if one is lobbying for immersive gameplay one should direct those efforts to EQN rather than EQL.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And I agree..just for the fact that the people who pick up EQL will be so broad in thier interest. It won't just be the mmo player. I think the mmo comes into play with how gathering/crafting plays out and obviously co-op building. I'm interested to see how they do that. Its really Sounding like a MMO Facebook just with mini games already inside.

YAGI. Yet another Georgeson Interview. Hints of how crafting works - mentions adventuring class will have tools (pickaxe) that will have abilities like class weapons in EQN. No new specifics.
]
The abilities were tied to harvesting professions not weapons but this is pretty much how they used to describe vanguard harvesting before reality caught up to them.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
You forgot to add "in personal opinion".

Now, some actual data on Minecraft. 12 million copies as of yesterday, regularly in the top 10 games on any platform it has been ported on. It is the top selling console game in several geographies, outselling FPSs, racing games and RPGs. A cultural phenomenon. And according to your definition of EQL, "definitively" a waste, and just a toolset.

You don't like the concept of a game that nobody has played, fine. But add something meaningful to the discussion or go back to reddit.
This. EQL could potentially take the Everquest franchise to the next level.

Mellent_sl

shitlord
Script NPC guards to patrol your compound.
Just saying, that would beprettycool. Taking it a step further, what if we could get the guards to "swap out" every so often, leaving a few moments for someone to possibly slip inside? Totally wishful thinking from what we've heard so far but hey, doesn't stop me from saying that it would be cool.

Edit: I really do hope they go far with EQNL. Even if EQN "fails," EQNL has the potential to be something very special and powerful.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Next RT response:
<video>
Forums: Make the tools all things for all people plox.
Dev: You are so smart! We're going to do exactly that. Soon?
Forums: Oh, and ponies too!
Dev: With sugar on top!
Dev: Don't forget to twatter at me!
</video>

shout out to Anomander Rake in there heh.
Video is shit.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This round-table shit is a joke. Ponytail and his band of morons are trolling everyone.

Favorite small race? Really? REALLY? Thanks for including the players in your development process. Fucktards.

"World of Minecraft: Next" gets worse and worse with every piece of info that leaks out.