EQ Never

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I only hold a grudge against the Fae, all others can join in. Gnome = Halflings >>>> Froglok = Ratonga > x infinity Fae. My detailed chart says Gnome and Halfings equally in first, Frogs and Rats a distant second and are interchangeable, and don't bother with the Fae.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I actually really enjoyed playing the Fae when they first came out in EQ2. The wide variety of colors and patterns you could display on their wings made them aesthetically appealing and the racial ability to float and basically get to places other races had a hard time getting to was pretty fun for me.

Edit: As an aside Echoes of Faydwer was my favorite EQ2 expansion. I think that's the first one that they admitted the people playing EQ2 wanted more EQ, not new areas and lore like the shitty desert expansion or the plane of sky one.

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
I only hold a grudge against the Fae, all others can join in. Gnome = Halflings >>>> Froglok = Ratonga > x infinity Fae. My detailed chart says Gnome and Halfings equally in first, Frogs and Rats a distant second and are interchangeable, and don't bother with the Fae.
I pretty much mirror this opinion. Gnomes and Halflings gotta be in at launch. I don't really care about Frogloks either way; at launch or added later.

I'm actually surprised the Ratonga and Fae are getting as many votes as they are. I've always found humanoid-animal races to be a lazy way to add a new race, and the Fae are obviously designed for little girls and the LGBT crowd (not that there's anything wrong with that). Save those for additional races added after launch.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
I am with you, as a Froglok I will proudly eat all fae. Their wings are delicious! .... sorry the roleplayer in me couldn't resist.

vGrade

Potato del Grande
I actually really enjoyed playing the Fae when they first came out in EQ2. The wide variety of colors and patterns you could display on their wings made them aesthetically appealing and the racial ability to float and basically get to places other races had a hard time getting to was pretty fun for me.

Edit: As an aside Echoes of Faydwer was my favorite EQ2 expansion. I think that's the first one that they admitted the people playing EQ2 wanted more EQ, not new areas and lore like the shitty desert expansion or the plane of sky one.
rrr_img_42537.jpg

Bellringer_sl

shitlord
Pretty clear that this team has no intention of emphasizing the classic notions of "RPG" in MMORPG. Creating an immersive "world" doesn't appear to be the goal. Rather, this is going to be a more instantly-gratifying game where players can log in for 5 minutes and have instant fun playing their colorful action superhero toon in a fantasy setting or load up EQNL and work on your latest art project.
Actually they are aiming for both. They are going to attempt to get the new generation of ADD toon gamers hooked by the superhuman cutesy cartoon characters while at the same time making an incredibly immersive game for those who enjoy depth. The problem is that catering to both crowds has yet to work outside of the anomaly.

We STILL do not have any information of the true depth of the game while we have plenty of information about the cutesy olympic gymnasts.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
Actually they are aiming for both. They are going to attempt to get the new generation of ADD toon gamers hooked by the superhuman cutesy cartoon characters while at the same time making an incredibly immersive game for those who enjoy depth. The problem is that catering to both crowds has yet to work outside of the anomaly.

We STILL do not have any information of the true depth of the game while we have plenty of information about the cutesy olympic gymnasts.
The quote, "Easy to learn, difficult to master" comes to mind.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
The fae aren't my thing, but I do get it; they've got a lot of appeal with female players, and fairies, for all their rarity as playable options in fantasy games, are one of the more firmly established fantasy/ mythological creatures out there, so I never really minded their presence.

The arasai, on the other hand, seemed like one of the more supremely lazy things that was done in EQ2. "Hey, let's take the fae, give them a slightly darker and more subdued color scheme, give them the exact same backstory as the dark elves, and viola, new race!"

tad10

Elisha Dushku
The only race I don't like are ratonga. If you're going to do another animal race, rat/mouse should be low on the list.

Fox or Badgers.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Y'all are some insecure motherfuckers. Fae are awesome. Rather than a bunch of random stupid shit that didn't work together, their racials synergized. If they added a race that had better jumping in WoW, it would be 90% of the players. Of course such a thing only exists in a game with terrible mobility.

blumpster_sl

shitlord
I voted for Froglok due to my nostalgia towards the original EQ model and SFX associated with them. From LGuk to Sebilis, they were the epitome of high level farm content and they deserve our respect! I'm not a big fan of the EQ1 playable race model, but EQII did it a little better.

Also, Dwarves better roll brah.