EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Xeris

Trakanon Raider
I understand that- I'm telling you I have more potime parses than I can count where I'm #1 overall DPS, and most of the time it isn't close. Anyways, mostly a moot point, pop era is easy anyways, doesn't really matter what the raid comp is.

hEKK

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've been topping almost every single potime parse for 1.5 years on a wizard. Wizards are absolutely the best. I'm almost positive I'd raided potime more than anyone considering I've raided at least once per week, if not 2-3x per week since 2018, so I've seen good/bad/and everything in between in terms of player ability. Wizards should win an overall parse. You just pointed out the 3 bosses they don't do great against; but ur going to be SO FAR ahead on trash it won't matter.
You raided 2 times a week?! Damn son.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've been topping almost every single potime parse for 1.5 years on a wizard. Wizards are absolutely the best. I'm almost positive I'd raided potime more than anyone considering I've raided at least once per week, if not 2-3x per week since 2018, so I've seen good/bad/and everything in between in terms of player ability. Wizards should win an overall parse. You just pointed out the 3 bosses they don't do great against; but ur going to be SO FAR ahead on trash it won't matter.
Watch Out Badass GIF

• 1Worf

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
It always amuses me how people outside top guilds talk about top guild raiding, calling them "no lifers" and whatnot. When top guilds on live usually get all their shit done in one raid night and have the rest of the week to have a life. TLP is a little different, some expansions necessitate a couple of raid nights, especially on a fast moving TLP with splits. And on launches obviously there's gonna be a lot going on for a week or two. For the most part though every time I see a guild trashing top guilds as no-lifers who spend all their time raiding, it's a guild that raids 3-4x as much as the guild they're trashing just to barely get the same amount done. It's hilarious.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Pre-melody bard was a fun alt for me as a warrior main. Go from pressing five buttons a minute to pressing one a second. I know whenever I played with a main bard in a group they'd do as little variation as possible most of the time and I didn't blame them.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
It always amuses me how people outside top guilds talk about top guild raiding, calling them "no lifers" and whatnot. When top guilds on live usually get all their shit done in one raid night and have the rest of the week to have a life. TLP is a little different, some expansions necessitate a couple of raid nights, especially on a fast moving TLP with splits. And on launches obviously there's gonna be a lot going on for a week or two. For the most part though every time I see a guild trashing top guilds as no-lifers who spend all their time raiding, it's a guild that raids 3-4x as much as the guild they're trashing just to barely get the same amount done. It's hilarious.
My guild raids two days a week with usually a third day for gold bids or backflagging. They have cleared everything just fine without needing poopsocks.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Xeris is on Agnarr so he's PoP locked forever. So that's a probably a pretty good read on in-era parses, especially once every raid member has BiS. At this point I would assume outside other Agnarr lifers, most of us haven't done Time as many times as him.

And no I've never been in his guild or maybe even talked to him in game, I'm just familiar that he does these time raids from other people.

I haven't done Time in 4 years since maybe mid GoDish on Mangler, but I'm not sure the bane damage on weapons really effects much. Perhaps we shall see on the 25th TLP. I always know rangers as excellent damage with incredibly low effort, which always makes me think of box guilds, so I always take these assertions with a grain of salt.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Xeris is on Agnarr so he's PoP locked forever. So that's a probably a pretty good read on in-era parses, especially once every raid member has BiS. At this point I would assume outside other Agnarr lifers, most of us haven't done Time as many times as him.

And no I've never been in his guild or maybe even talked to him in game, I'm just familiar that he does these time raids from other people.

I haven't done Time in 4 years since maybe mid GoDish on Mangler, but I'm not sure the bane damage on weapons really effects much. Perhaps we shall see on the 25th TLP. I always know rangers as excellent damage with incredibly low effort, which always makes me think of box guilds, so I always take these assertions with a grain of salt.

Ranger x3 would probably be a better choice for ISBoxer DPS artillery battery than 3x zerker, plus you could get it going a lot sooner. Maybe I'll give that a spin

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ranger x3 would probably be a better choice for ISBoxer DPS artillery battery than 3x zerker, plus you could get it going a lot sooner. Maybe I'll give that a spin

People undervalue rangers because people get stuck on hypothetical bests rather than whats reasonable and normal. A well played ranger is never top dps unless using trueshot, and that makes a lot of people haters, but they really don't suck. You do all your ranged dps with the least worry about positioning or agro of any class, so starting luclin its easily the lowest maintenance in multiple ways. You get arguably the least difficulty in picking up weapons as your access pool is so large, while classes like berserker can struggle if a ton of sks and even war mains want 2handers, or monks if theres 8 billion other monks or bls, or rogues as they have 1 primary slot type.

Or to put it another way, a ber/rog/monk with good raid loot and played well will out dps (except trueshot) a ranger doing the same... by a little bit. A ber etc in group gear and rot/outdated raid gear played on the side, however, will get absolutely smoked by a mediocre ranger.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Yeah PoP(LDoN) locked.

Before Necros get DoT crits, and time is one of the worst zones for good Mages due to MoTM still in effect as well as de aggro mechanics on some bosses.

It's a snapshot in time (pun intended) and should be taken with a grain of salt in the overall TLP lifecycle, when people are in the expacs for 8-12 weeks rather than multiple years.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Posted my Wacky Epic Server idea, we'll see how that goes.

Right about now I think my ultimate 25th server would be Mischief 2.0, Kunark start, no box restriction, all races/classes unlocked from the start, everyone has their epic 1.0 at level 1.

• 1Like
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
This raid comp will out perform 90% of any raid you come across for like the first 3 years of a TLP. Don’t overthink it.
image.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
Dont you need more than 2 war though? It's 5 for a def rota on AoW. Nvm its not scaled to 72 at all.

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
Most rangers dont do their optimal dps of 4 nuke + dot + kick ( if no aoe to outrange). With all ur focus effects, it adds up to 100 dps in PoP and can make u keep up with shinai monk even without trueshot. I was doing 500 dps which was on par or higher than the shinai monk on both CT and bert with only guardian last night, not sure what they used for disc though.