EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
DBG took so much heat from players when they made the persona system terrible in beta, they don't care.

I'm contemplating popping a few krono to get a heroic char on all my accounts for personas some time this year. But the thought of leveling them grinding and cycling overseer a couple hundred times is very demotivating. It's not even a one-time problem either. It's something you'd have to grind out for every persona you wanted to keep current. I'm still hoping they run the statistics on how many people have a max-level persona character on live and change things, but like I said, they don't care.

They need to fix whatever the issue is with mob exp at level 111+ and just let mobs give normal exp at that point.

While they're at it, having 101+ not immediately nullify exp from pre-TDS zones would also be nice.

I don't know if this is a coding issue or an exp curve / numbers issue. As in "we've blocked out things we don't want people doing from giving reasonable exp" versus "these levels suddenly require vastly more exp and only the thing we want people doing gives enough to move the needle". If it's a coding issue they could just lift the nerfs on everything else, if it's an exp curve issue then that's a whole other thing and they'd have to figure that out.

As it is though, I don't see how anyone will reasonably get their personas through level 111-125 with exp being like 1/10th the speed that it was on their main. Sit in Great Divide dwarf caves for 300 hours, I guess. At least the Rallos Earring won't have any issues getting finished eventually.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
They need to fix whatever the issue is with mob exp at level 111+ and just let mobs give normal exp at that point.

While they're at it, having 101+ not immediately nullify exp from pre-TDS zones would also be nice.

I don't know if this is a coding issue or an exp curve / numbers issue. As in "we've blocked out things we don't want people doing from giving reasonable exp" versus "these levels suddenly require vastly more exp and only the thing we want people doing gives enough to move the needle". If it's a coding issue they could just lift the nerfs on everything else, if it's an exp curve issue then that's a whole other thing and they'd have to figure that out.

As it is though, I don't see how anyone will reasonably get their personas through level 111-125 with exp being like 1/10th the speed that it was on their main. Sit in Great Divide dwarf caves for 300 hours, I guess. At least the Rallos Earring won't have any issues getting finished eventually.
It's an exp curve thing. They'd be better off reducing the scale of that curve and reducing the XP gained from the achievements.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
It's an exp curve thing. They'd be better off reducing the scale of that curve and reducing the XP gained from the achievements.

Well, if they could figure out how to get rid of Hell Levels back in the day by smoothing out the EXP curve from 1-60, then they should be able to fix something like this... if the will is there.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Vaniki is still pretty great with the double loot. It's made GMM obscene. Literally raining loot.

FashionQuest~

Screenshot (463).png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>

My wacky epic idea got shat on by a bunch of people with no imagination who barely even read the post, or noticed that I had recommended levels for stats and level requirements for effects. Credit to Demetri for actually reading it and having a thought-out response.

Easy to forget that the EQLive boards are not FOH and the bar for discourse there is low.
It was a stupid idea in their defense

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
It was a stupid idea in their defense

NO IMAGINATION

Weird servers need to be more of a thing.

A permadeath server where everyone has, essentially, one life, is another crazy idea / recipe for chaos that we'll probably never see.

• 1Pathetic

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
NO IMAGINATION

A permadeath server where everyone has, essentially, one life, is another crazy idea / recipe for chaos that we'll probably never see.
They'd have to complete remove death touch and either go full Vaniki and give people 125 rec gear from the start or gut everything. You couldn't have successful raid guilds or any real challenges at all or the server wouldn't last a day.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
NO IMAGINATION

It's truly a mystery why we wouldn't see a server that would have even less long-term staying power than a PVP server. No one's going to be raiding on a perma death server and most people aren't going to be buying any bag packs or anything like that.

• 1Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How about each expac launch reset chars to 1 but you always kept items and aas. So you have to twink level grind race each time instead of the typical over-in-a-day racing of most.

NO IMAGINATION

I thought your free epic idea was bad, but, as you said, I lacked imagination. You've certainly come up with something far more terrible here. Good work.

• 3Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Juvarisx

Florida
I read their Ask the Dev thing posted on the EQ forums, its one of the saddest things ever. The answer to everything is more or less no, including bugs from older expansions that are gamebreaking they go "we will look at it someday maybe" The game is toast, they can fire up a couple new servers every year and release a live expansion 1000 people care about then go back to not giving a shit and making money on pots and bags.

At the end of the day they have a team less funded and smaller then the team that does WoW SOD, with a mandate to maximize dollars coming in via shop and bags. They wont do a weird server because they dont have the resources to, people wont buy bags on a permadeath server that is DOA, and EQ PvP is a shitshow and wasn't popular even when free (Red99).

They really should just start in Kunark with all classes / races open with free trade and whatever, it will make money and will be popular. Do berserkers work at 60 I have no idea, but atleast its different.

Last edited:

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
The 1 life permadeath server lasted THREE WEEKS before they shut it down.

They will never do pvp or hardcore mode servers again. It doesn't make them money and/or retain customers.

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
We almost got the new TLP details yesterday but then some woman came up and wouldn’t stop interjecting about her cat until the tlp people left.

• 9Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 9 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
We almost got the new TLP details yesterday but then some woman came up and wouldn’t stop interjecting about her cat until the tlp people left.
If you had to create the mental picture for someone who could easily be derailed by a conversation about cats...

1711134460324.jpeg

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
How about each expac launch reset chars to 1 but you always kept items and aas. So you have to twink level grind race each time instead of the typical over-in-a-day racing of most.

I actually like that idea of having to re-level on expansion launches. 90% of the population would hate it with a passion after the first or second time though.

Here's a more normal idea than the crazy server ideas: Agnarr 2.0 going up through OoW/DoN. Call it Mata Muram server. There does seem to be a surprising amount of demand for another server like that (only further along) since you don't really have to play catch-up with that ruleset if you play sporadically.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Reminds me of the Highlander conventions where the Q&A panels would inevitably break down into overweight middle-aged cat ladies getting on the mic and trying to flirt with the stars of the show.

Xeris

Trakanon Raider
I actually like that idea of having to re-level on expansion launches. 90% of the population would hate it with a passion after the first or second time though.

Here's a more normal idea than the crazy server ideas: Agnarr 2.0 going up through OoW/DoN. Call it Mata Muram server. There does seem to be a surprising amount of demand for another server like that (only further along) since you don't really have to play catch-up with that ruleset if you play sporadically.
We been asking for it :( . Considering like 1% of a TLP pop makes it to live, a series of era locked servers that people can "park" at long term makes the most sense.

Id absolutely kill for an oow/don locked server. I doubt they will ever do another era lock tho, based on the ama responses.

Looks like new TLP info will come in April producer letter