EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
But why? A burner email is not a big deal and just in case you do need a password reset or something, it's not the worst thing to have.
Yeah, I mean, it's not a huge deal, but one less email I have to keep up with, the better. I'll probably just end up making a random Gmail for the account. I always end up eventually selling the accounts once I'm done. Then again, I'm not exactly sure how valuable accounts are going to be on this server when loot is so easy to get, and you can buy level 50 heroics in PoP.

That brings me to my next question: Who all is going the personas route? Is it worth the $35 - it seems cool, but I'm not really sure how that functionality actually plays out.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I noticed when getting my 2003 account unbanned last week that they don't let you not set a secret question anymore. Back when I was selling a lot of accounts from gk, I would create unique emails for them that had a naming convention that linked it to the account and when I sold them I'd sell them together and give them the e-mail as well and the fact that the secret question has never been set. It gave me an edge against the competition, for a while. Then it became customary for everyone to not set secret question. How do you even sell accounts now that you can't not set secret question? Do they let you change that now?

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I noticed when getting my 2003 account unbanned last week that they don't let you not set a secret question anymore. Back when I was selling a lot of accounts from gk, I would create unique emails for them that had a naming convention that linked it to the account and when I sold them I'd sell them together and give them the e-mail as well and the fact that the secret question has never been set. It gave me an edge against the competition, for a while. Then it became customary for everyone to not set secret question. How do you even sell accounts now that you can't not set secret question? Do they let you change that now?
You just tell the buyer the Q & A sets?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
You just tell the buyer the Q & A sets?
IIRC, you can't change your questions and answers so for the life of that account someone who knows that information will always have an avenue of clawing it back. That's actually one reason why you would want to have an email that you can deliver to the person.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, I mean, it's not a huge deal, but one less email I have to keep up with, the better. I'll probably just end up making a random Gmail for the account. I always end up eventually selling the accounts once I'm done. Then again, I'm not exactly sure how valuable accounts are going to be on this server when loot is so easy to get, and you can buy level 50 heroics in PoP.

That brings me to my next question: Who all is going the personas route? Is it worth the $35 - it seems cool, but I'm not really sure how that functionality actually plays out.

Persona info, demo, and tricks and tips.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
The comments are hilarious.

"So this is for people who main rogues but want to be allowed on raids?"

lol i was actually thinking this too, play an ench or mage persona or some shit to get enough gear to swap to being a rogue might be the actual play this TLP for me

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
We have a lot of people leveling as enchanters/mages/clerics for group comp reasons and then swapping once the initial leveling rush is over to a less OP class for actual raiding mains.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ive already bought the damn expacs for all three accounts. First expac since 2002 Ive bought, like someone else said. THEN, I had the realization that if I cant swap to them easily and quickly and get right back to exp’ing - then on a free trade server - Id much rather just have another account logged in entirely so I can buff and dps with them. Raiding I guess, may(?) be different? But I cant imagine where having less characters logged in simultaneously would lead to a better situation unless youre at character cap already for the raid instance already

But yeah, Im busting out an enchanter and a shaman on launch and thatll leave me open to bringing up a warrior. Not only with good gear, but with nice buffs all the way up.

Unrelated to that conversation- i logged in last night to get one of my accounts and two of the static groups done for CT etc. The sheer amount of people, even if a 1/3 are boxes, showing up for that - sheer insanity. That had to be 2-300 people last night if i had to guess. The splits are going to be wild af.

… I mean, its neat. But that 30-40 person experience is going to be completely missing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, I don't see myself using the persona for anything other than teleporting around, but that alone is pretty handy. Opens up some different leveling paths, and will have on those accounts forever.

I think in general I'd prefer every leveled toon I have to be on a different account so I can play them together when the circumstances call for it.

Super minor complaint, but the Neriak zone abutting Nektulos should really be persona enabled. Really only effects super low level game, but it's a pain in the ass.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I dunno if I can handle that much chaos. I might back out from playing because I'm an old pussy. Don't wanna deal with personas don't wanna deal with a laptop to box, don't wanna deal with massive queues and no mobs, don't wanna deal with shitty pugs, don't wanna deal with getting the achievements on that other server.

lol fuckin old.

Zaide is gonna stream a lot the first week, right? Maybe I can just live vicariously.

Last edited:

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I know, it feels like I’ll be watching a dot slowly kill something while a gnome with wheelchair lasers and rocket boosters will zoom by and wipe out everything.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you love chaos in Everquest...

I present the first week of Teek. I really hope they just have a 2nd server ready to go. I look forward to logging on starting Friday when the server will allow me too.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
What are the chances that Tormax is <100 pop and Teek is 4000 pop and they have to spin up a 2nd Teek lol?