EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
What are the chances that Tormax is <100 pop and Teek is 4000 pop and they have to spin up a 2nd Teek lol?

Opening day the population wont tell you much. Teek will have the max players allowed on it for prob a week. Tormax I think will be in the 1-2k r.ange at launch.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Even if they should open an overflow server I don't think that they will. Aradune stayed a mess for something like ten days. Lockjaw was itself an overflow server so I guess it's not completely impossible but I think the company changed hands since then.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Even if they should open an overflow server I don't think that they will. Aradune stayed a mess for something like ten days. Lockjaw was itself an overflow server so I guess it's not completely impossible but I think the company changed hands since then.
At this point they seem to be pretty against a overflow server

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Well, they're probably looking at the last overflow Mischief server and thinking it had some poor outcomes. One was that because everyone already had plans on Mischief, the people who went over to Thornblade was significantly lower -- it didn't come close to balancing the server populations. Secondly is that it enabled a ton of RMT hijinx with transferring items back and forth to sell.

I just look forward to the shit show.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
I think staffing is the real constraint here ... the zero-day exploits will be tough to respond to in a timely manner.

• 1Truth!

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pretty sure they also made it seem like Thornblade was going to merge with Mischief shortly after the initial rush and queues went away. Which obviously never happened. Would of never went to Thornblade if that was the case.

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Thornblade seems like it’s about as popular as any other server at this point in prog. Doesn’t really strike me as a failure it’s just not the juggernaut Mischief was.

Torok

Trakanon Raider
Mischief was.
I got bored and this got me curious. Logged in a character on Mischief and Thornblade to compare populations real quick.
Thornblade is 60 traders in bazaar, Mischief has 465.
Thornblade had 17 in Guild Lobby, Mischief 105.
Oof.

• 1Like

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Ive already bought the damn expacs for all three accounts. First expac since 2002 Ive bought, like someone else said. THEN, I had the realization that if I cant swap to them easily and quickly and get right back to exp’ing - then on a free trade server - Id much rather just have another account logged in entirely so I can buff and dps with them. Raiding I guess, may(?) be different? But I cant imagine where having less characters logged in simultaneously would lead to a better situation unless youre at character cap already for the raid instance already

But yeah, Im busting out an enchanter and a shaman on launch and thatll leave me open to bringing up a warrior. Not only with good gear, but with nice buffs all the way up.

Unrelated to that conversation- i logged in last night to get one of my accounts and two of the static groups done for CT etc. The sheer amount of people, even if a 1/3 are boxes, showing up for that - sheer insanity. That had to be 2-300 people last night if i had to guess. The splits are going to be wild af.

… I mean, its neat. But that 30-40 person experience is going to be completely missing.
Have fun with those raid leaders 😂

DickTrickle

I don't think they ever made that claim (beyond a super vague we'll look into it at a future point in time kind of thing) but it was heavily advocated for on the forums by vicious and his guild members. Maybe that's where your memory blended.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Have fun with those raid leaders 😂
lol I saw your guilds Human Resources officer talking trash in a hotkey spam for guild recruitment while everyone was there. I was hoping he would get more engagement, but no one seemed to care. I personally only like the trash talk when we lose/win a DPS race on a raid target. Worst case scenario for raid leading, I actually just step up and help. But knowing the extent of the raids from Classic to SOV .. I doubt that'll be an issue.

Now if you want to link up on alts and farm DZ's....
kinblood-conceited.gif

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
lol I saw your guilds Human Resources officer talking trash in a hotkey spam for guild recruitment while everyone was there. I was hoping he would get more engagement, but no one seemed to care.

The funniest part was the guy was calling our raid "chaos" before it even formed up, and kept calling it that throughout the evening, while the actual raid happened in way more of an orderly fashion than I think anybody predicted. Hundreds of cheevos and it was impressive how efficiently it all got done if people showed a bit of patience.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The funniest part was the guy was calling our raid "chaos" before it even formed up, and kept calling it that throughout the evening, while the actual raid happened in way more of an orderly fashion than I think anybody predicted. Hundreds of cheevos and it was impressive how efficiently it all got done if people showed a bit of patience.
Just about 1000 achievements!

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
I don't think they ever made that claim (beyond a super vague we'll look into it at a future point in time kind of thing) but it was heavily advocated for on the forums by vicious and his guild members. Maybe that's where your memory blended.
Yeah, DPG never announced or alluded to a merge (until this year). We all just got Mandela effect'ed because everyone assumed the servers would eventually merge. Which was a logical assumption to make given how the server announcements were rolled out - weeks apart, and only after the community begged for a 2nd server. DPG tried to treat Thornblade as the "1B" server, but the damage was done. Mischief was the brand name, and Thornblade was seen as the overflow server.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Who is that video actually recruiting for? Faceless is running events to get a ton of people achievements and RI is getting some people in to steal a couple of them and cause some disruption. Which guild sounds more capable?

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Has ri actually done any of the vaniki stuff for people in prep for the server?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Who is that video actually recruiting for? Faceless is running events to get a ton of people achievements and RI is getting some people in to steal a couple of them and cause some disruption. Which guild sounds more capable?

Popping over to Vaniki to mess with a competing guild doing achievements is so absolutely on brand for them it hurts. On Oakwynd they were doing a pick of Frontier Mountains for an Angry Goblin and someone else got the turn in before them. They went on to spend the next half hour kiting and high sunning the thing until the quest turn in timer ran out so they could steal the kill. They made a video celebrating their achievement and a bunch of people ate a suspension over it.

And they loved it. Not the suspension of course (kiting someone's turn in mob until the loot lock timer runs out is against the rules obvioiusly) but the half hour of grab ass and the kill. Vicious lights up like a Christmas tree during these kinds of squabbles. For him a beautiful goddamn disaster where his people come out on top is better than a hundred server first kills. If you're all about glorious clusterfucks where the entire guild stops what it's doing to take a shit in someone else's cornflakes and then cheer for whose log is the biggest than RI is the guild for you. If you think getting enough people suspended over one Angry Goblin that it hinders your guild's ability to raid for a week is about the dumbest fucking call you've ever seen than seek membership elsewhere.

They did get the Angry Goblin spawn timer changed though so we all owe them a debt of gratitude.

• 1Solidarity

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Honestly that video just made me feel sad(what a waste of time). Such a desperate need to manufacture drama. The cry for attention. It might be worse than the idiot that paid $2 for some shitty random dude to do a cameo, for the same reasons.

I don't get the shot of their discord either , the guy said "Our spies infiltrated and succeeded in their saboture operations", Uh what? You got into a discord that invites literally anyone and went to a open event and got some achievements? Sign those guys up for the CIA pronto, master spies right there.