EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Needless

Toe Sucker
It’s tourist season on Vaniki. Either make your own crew or buy a carry.

Its been nonstop spam from buyers and sellers for achievement runs and twink gear.
oh lmao how much are the runs? i have no interest in boxing anymore so id just be playing 1

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Usually seeing achievement raids charging 1kr for an invite per character. Some folks are offering multiple raids at a time for the same price.

Make a toon and join general chat. You will see offering within a few minutes lately.

Edit: I’m not selling achievement runs or shilling for any of my friends. I spent 2 kr for plat last June to gear out a box crew to do hardcore heritage zones. I’ve never bothered setting up a trader to sell anything. I have just been playing here the past year for actual enjoyment. I highly recommend making your own 3 box, buying conflagrant weapons and stomping the zones yourself. Vaniki is the most fun server for twinking with no level requirements on gear.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Usually seeing achievement raids charging 1kr for an invite per character. Some folks are offering multiple raids at a time for the same price.

Make a toon and join general chat. You will see offering within a few minutes lately.

Edit: I’m not selling achievement runs or shilling for any of my friends. I spent 2 kr for plat last June to gear out a box crew to do hardcore heritage zones. I’ve never bothered setting up a trader to sell anything. I have just been playing here the past year for actual enjoyment. I highly recommend making your own 3 box, buying conflagrant weapons and stomping the zones yourself. Vaniki is the most fun server for twinking with no level requirements on gear.

To add someone to a cheevo fight, do they have to be in the raid or can they just be in the DZ?

IIRC mercs don't work in a raid setting and I imagine some of these fights are significantly easier with mercs. Wouldn't be able to drop them mid-fight to add people if it's /raidinvite. Every instance I've tried so far allowed mercs.

Another question: What's the best way to de-level? I was binding in front of Qeynos guards (making sure Corporal Lancot and the other higher-level guard were present), taking off gear, and just sitting until dead, repeat. It took like an hour to go from 60 to 40 and was tedious AF.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
First off deleveling is dumb. Don't do that. Just make a new toon.

Most of the raids the person doesn't even need to be inside the dz, just invite to raid and dz.

Honestly haven't bothered with mercs for achievement runs since eok launched and we could put wyrmslayers on level 1s. Twinks don't need mercs or a group really. Someone killed naggy the other day at level 3 with a wurmslayer.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Didn't you guys mention some person that gives away full raids for free on Vaniki? What was there name again? I need to go do that shit asap. At least the Western Wastes tp one. Is it usually 1 kr per raid?

Can I get the western wastes one in pok at level 1 ? That's the most critical one. The food ain't bad either.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
All of that said, the Luclin keys debacle was something none of us coulda foreseen. We legitimately wasted a MASSIVE amount of man-hours on that only to have it turn out to be unneeded. That definitely made a lot of people burn out early, plus the ban wave didn't help.
Lol I love that VT keys are still causing huge drama.

I remember on Veeshan camping my Maiden's Eye piece and having Furor pass thru the zone and threaten anyone that helped anyone not in FoH get a key piece. Fuckin camped that thing for 40 hours. Not cos anyone actually griefed me, but just from bad luck. Furor really did make those threats though lol. God I remember so much griefing from them when we were getting very close to Emp. FoH was not in a mood to share VT yet lol. I remember the same thing with Trakanon as well. Good times. But by the time we did get enough people keyed they were afk and about to/blast PoP so didn't care anyways.

So what's the deal with VT keys on Mischief ruleset? They're much easier now?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
So what's the deal with VT keys on Mischief ruleset? They're much easier now?

Basically anything in the zone can drop that zone's Luclin shard. It also works that way for VP medallion pieces with the exception of the ground spawns.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Basically anything in the zone can drop that zone's Luclin shard. It also works that way for VP medallion pieces with the exception of the ground spawns.

VP medallion pieces can drop from anything in a zone now? How is this the first I've heard of this? That's huge.

I assume the Burnished Wooden Stave medallion piece is unchanged.

Also the ground spawns are what they should have put on mobs as well, and are what will cause drama, blech.

First off deleveling is dumb. Don't do that. Just make a new toon.

Most of the raids the person doesn't even need to be inside the dz, just invite to raid and dz.

Honestly haven't bothered with mercs for achievement runs since eok launched and we could put wyrmslayers on level 1s. Twinks don't need mercs or a group really. Someone killed naggy the other day at level 3 with a wurmslayer.

Yeah I have to delevel because of the second part. I'm twinked out, not gonna roll a new character to do a cheevo when I can delevel and solo it (or help others by tanking it).

Deleveling is just a huge PITA that's all. Re-leveling takes less time than de-leveling does.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Are the ground spawns at least vastly increased? God I just got ptsd from a ground spawn in trak teeth or ej that for some reason just would not spawn. Or maybe it was another one but fuck me I think it had an 8 hour respawn and I kept missing it somehow.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Are the ground spawns at least vastly increased? God I just got ptsd from a ground spawn in trak teeth or ej that for some reason just would not spawn. Or maybe it was another one but fuck me I think it had an 8 hour respawn and I kept missing it somehow.
Yes, the ground spawns have a shorter time.

VP key on Teek will be easy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not only do the mobs, like the Rotting Skeleton in Dreadlands, drop multiple medallions (4-6), but there is a mix of medallions in the ones he drops. Then, if that isnt working in your favor - you can still target farm the ones you're missing. The 8 hour spawns can be a bit ridiculous, but theyre just annoying - not impossible. Just like the other annoying parts, such as charming, or doing illusions/sneaking for other parts. Some parts are still mandatory to do, so random wont save you 100%, but it does a good job.

Just keep in mind that the Trakanon's Tooth has fucking COVID-like policies attached to it. Officers and Leadership first, necessary classes second, then it falls on raid attendance and favoritism for your rank and file to get one after the fact - only requirement is to link the completed medallion for all tooth handouts. I got a tooth pretty early on Mischief, so Im not throwing shade - just being realistic and asking each of you to do so as well. Whats at least "nice" about this situation is that if you dont have a key, you still get to log in, get counted for the raid and then you can go do some other shit ... like finishing the medallion. So dont get butt hurt about it - at least with Faceless, you can bid on the loot if you were present during role call.

Like others have also pointed out, you can just buy all of these pieces, though. I bought one? two? pieces just to finish it up and get it out of the way. I saw people buying Trak teeth from Whatever Greed is Good was called at the time. So its possible to just brute force it even as a social pariah.

I personally am not a fan of VP and the effort it requires for the loot it "mostly" drops. But I know there are plenty of you out there that have never even seen VP while its current. So if you need help after you're 60 with medallion pieces, feel free to reach out to me. As long as I actually know you, anyways.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you aren't keying up warriors and clerics first you're just jerking off.
I was an officer.. and a warrior. Which most officers are going to be playing vital class roles, not a fucking paladin. But thanks for pointing that out. ... tf? lol You're still not going to get a Tooth up front and center as a warrior if you're a shit stick of a person with shitty play time.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Just keep in mind that the Trakanon's Tooth has fucking COVID-like policies attached to it. Officers and Leadership first, necessary classes second, then it falls on raid attendance and favoritism for your rank and file to get one after the fact
So nothing's changed haha.

I did VP back when it had the original corpse rules. God what a nightmare. There were so many shenanigans you had to do to prepare your raid for a wipe so you didn't just lose your entire guild's gear. I think corpses expired in as little as a single day? Maybe it was even shorter. The res period was also shorter. And obviously there was no keyring, so when you died you couldn't zone back in. I found it so nerve wrecking to raid VP, even though we had several cleric and necro alts logged out at the entrance. Or maybe it was rogue alts? God it was just a nightmare to wipe in VP.

People that never did VP in era still aren't doing VP in era, so if you are worried about that but don't want to do the key, don't do it. Just buy the 2 or 3 good drops with krono lol.

Speaking of VP I just got my old 2003 account unbanned last week that has one of, maybe the single rarest item in the game, Robe of the Spring. But it was on a bazaar alt and the char got deleted from being under level 10 and I'm tryin to get a GM to restore it lol. There can't be more than 5 or 6 in existence. Do they even drop on TLP for the first few weeks? So much nostalgia for that item. Saved up everything from trading in North Freeport to buy it off the 1 of 2 people on Veeshan that had it. FoH was pissed when they found out that guy sold it LOL. For a long ass time it didn't even exist on most databases. It dropped very briefly and only a few guilds got them. I'd be curious to know if anything is more rare.

• 1Like

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Also VP is a shitty zone with horrible drops.

Enjoy nonstop deleting worthless weapons that nobody bids on even to sell.

For classic/kunark you can skip raids completely, miss nothing. Work on building a small man crew to kill stuff like Tormax in ToV. That is the first raid mob worth actually killing.

• 1Worf

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Also VP is a shitty zone with horrible drops.

Enjoy nonstop deleting worthless weapons that nobody bids on even to sell.

For classic/kunark you can skip raids completely, miss nothing. Work on building a small man crew to kill stuff like Tormax in ToV. That is the first raid mob worth actually killing.
Yeah literally only 3 items come to mind. SoW weapon, Robe of the Azure Sky, and I just forgot the other one as I was typing this. Lmao.

Sterling

El Presidente
The problem with VP is epics are available day 1 of Kunark which invalidates like half the items in the zone.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Kunark start should give at least a little life to some of those weapons for the first few weeks.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Nice heal3 shoulders, and haste shoes for monks!

So they changed the special zone stuff? I remember in the very early days going in there with backup gear till we got the hang of it.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Nice heal3 shoulders, and haste shoes for monks!

So they changed the special zone stuff? I remember in the very early days going in there with backup gear till we got the hang of it.
I imagine all that stuff is gone. It's way too hardcore. But even keyring invalidates most of it if it was still in. Dying and not being able to zone back in was literally fucking insane lol. If you raided with backup gear you'd still not be able to zone back in because the key would be on your corpse, which would also rot.

insanity.