EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
It doesn't matter how good the item is when it's so easy to get. The Urn is extremely easy to get. The Sinew is easy to get... people charge you 1 krono even if you don't have anything just give them those 2 things and you get a cord lol.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Rollbacks. Things are going back to two weeks ago. They're gonna recombine Faceless.

• 6Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
I've seen people with hundreds of millions of platinum on Mischief, confirmed by the way. That isn't a GDKP guild juicing up the economy, that's a plat dupe. My understanding is the reason it hasn't caused a Ragefire esque plat market implosion is because on RF literally hundreds of people were doing the fairly easy plat dupe that just involved the free bidirectional transfer window with Lockjaw. This plat dupe is probably only known by a very small number of people who are showing restraint.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
so whats the plat dupe mean for all the affected servers long term?
Probably just means a few accounts get banned and nothing else. There was a plat dupe on Fippy/Vulak with Alchemy and the market just had to deal with it ever after. There was a plat dupe on RF/LJ and the same thing happened. It’s not easy to roll these things back.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
so whats the plat dupe mean for all the affected servers long term?

Its really bad for servers in the early stages like this. Aradune for example can absorb it a little easier (krono +50% in a week there). But Mischief/Thornblade just doesn't have the overall plat numbers to take hundreds of millions of plat being injected this early.

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
Part of the reason live servers have billions and billions of platinum is largely because of past plat dupes. I think there's been so many over the years, and the devs have so little ability to track them down and reverse their effects on the economy that people ultimately just have to deal with it and adjust. There's a perception that the reason plat prices on live are insane is because they've had 22 years of people farming platinum, that is part of it obviously; but don't underestimate the impact of two decades of periodic major plat dupes. For example I would not be shocked if the people doing these dupes are funneling money into live servers as we speak.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
Its really bad for servers in the early stages like this. Aradune for example can absorb it a little easier (krono +50% in a week there). But Mischief/Thornblade just doesn't have the overall plat numbers to take hundreds of millions of plat being injected this early.
so as someone like you who gets lots of plat... do you have a plan to stop buying krono if it reaches X plat because you think it'll come down after the plat is taken out? or will it just keep going up? Like if it gets to 20k this week, are you still buying krono or are you waiting?

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I vote once fixed they reset everyone's plat on Mischief and Thornblade to 0.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
What was that pirate PvP that was popular right before Selo launched? I think Atlas or something. My understanding is that game had hilariously prevalent item duping, and they ended up just doing like a full wipe of all the game's items so it rebaselined everyone to zero. That's probably the only real way to fix dupes, but it's obvious why in EQ that isn't a realistic option due to the outcry.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
so as someone like you who gets lots of plat... do you have a plan to stop buying krono if it reaches X plat because you think it'll come down after the plat is taken out? or will it just keep going up? Like if it gets to 20k this week, are you still buying krono or are you waiting?

Its really dependent on many factors and hard to say right now. I typically trickle in plat depending on the supply of krono so as not to affect the price much and prevent spikes.

Sterling

El Presidente
Well.. tbh, most raids are done pretty quickly. Hours as in multiple isnt really a thing? Not throwing shade, just.. that is a bit of a leap there.

Another hole to poke at this hyperbole is that if you're actively attending raids, you make enough to throw down some krono for a few BIS items within a couple weeks. If you're stock piled, or you're throwing money at the game - you get your BIS's first. If not, then you get it later. Spirit Wracked Chord was selling for 20 krono a little over a week ago and I saw it this evening for 5 krono for example. Bobby can have a billion scales for all I care - there are plenty of others still coming on the market that are steadily lowering the price. Personally, with the weapons I have - I could give two fks about the Warrior epic. Besides iirc, you can do Nagafen with 2 groups of people (if that) and do the quest to turn a red scale into a green scale.

I certainly want to see the roster slim down, and I think that may have something to do with the split between the two Faceless groups. Most everyone likes the officers in Fxiv except for probably Qelyn. Qelyn's excuse for being an asshole is that he does all the micromanagement of shit, yet he put himself in that position. Even though thats not really even a legitimate excuse for being an asshole to your own guild members. Im not overly attached to anything in the game at this point so its not like I have I have to walk on egg shells just to reiterate what others have said in abundance. As time goes, Im expecting the roster to change up rather significantly over the course of the coming expansions.
Who hates on Qelyn?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Go On Popcorn GIF by swerk

Vindicator

Bronze Squire
So there is some amazing plat dupe going on Mischief. OK. What is the proof? I'm not denying that there is. No experience with it myself, as I don't cheat, but if you are going to say there are cheats, should at least provide proof or its nothing more than speculation.

• 1Moron

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
So there is some amazing plat dupe going on Mischief. OK. What is the proof? I'm not denying that there is. No experience with it myself, as I don't cheat, but if you are going to say there are cheats, should at least provide proof or its nothing more than speculation.
He said it was proven, and they are carefully stashing 100s of millions of plat on individual chars where nobody will have a way of finding it. What more evidence could you want?

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
People have provided me hard proof in game, I don't really want to out who but I think they're planning to expose it more soon.

• 1Dislike

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Its really bad, talking hundreds of millions of plat.
The dupe you're talking about must be infinitely repeatable if it's already in the hundreds of millions. I really want to know what it is when it blows over, out of curiosity's sake and out of EQ knowledge lore.

Ya'll wanna hear one of the ballsiest dupes I ever did? There was this bug where if you died in a particular way, your corpse would poof entirely. This was around 2008ish I believe. So the first time this happened to me, I petitioned, and got my stuff restored. Well it just so happened that when this happened, I had put several million plat from my character that died to the shared bank 10 mins before I had died. I noticed I had my plat back, and it was still in the shared bank.

So I rinse repeated this over and over again. Spacing them out and swapping accounts etc to avoid being known. I did it about 10 times before I figured any more and I'd be caught. The way the death happened was very subtle, so it wasn't as obvious as you might think, and I made it appear like it was a unique, specific zone line that was doing it. And the gm's were too lazy or stupid to check that I was putting plat in my shared bank each time. Duped at least 100+ million, all by GM's restoring my characters plat for me after I'd put a bunch in the shared bank. lol. Never got caught in any way. But there were eventually patch notes about dupes in this manner. So I imagine someone else was doing it too or maybe they knew about me but didn't punish me? I'm assuming the former and not the latter.

Last edited: