EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
This thread is starting to feel like the eq tlp forums with some of the retards on here demanding proof from sieger and the like. Lmao
Who's demanding proof? My take is everyone thinks he is talking from his ass.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
I mean like I said, someone showed me proof. I didn't record it myself, I had no reason to. I don't care if there is a plat dupe and the economy of Mischief has literally 0 impact on my life. I never imagined I would even discuss the dupe outside of with a small group of friends, until it came up in this thread. I was not the first one to bring up the dupe, just now that it was being discussed I mentioned I've seen the evidence of it. I see a lot of people simping hard because they are emotionally invested in there not being a dupe, even though dupes happen in EQ like probably on an annual basis if not more frequent. Also ignoring the reality that if you actually know anything about Elderan, he handles and deals in plat markets more than like anyone else here. He knows the trends and expectations for plat generation on a typical TLP. It's also obvious this isn't just a Mischief thing--look at how the Thornblade krono price is literally almost the exact same as Mischief. How could a server with a much lower population (= less mob kills = less plat generation) be keeping pace with Mischief's plat prices?

FWIW before the dupes skewed it, Ragefire krono back when RF/LJ were "dual servers" was usually about 2.5x Lockjaw, because there were more people on RF, more picks, more mobs being killed etc. The plat dupe exacerbated it a lot, but in general sister servers, the one with much higher pop will have decently higher krono prices as higher player populations generate more total platinum creation.

• 1Pathetic

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Who's demanding proof? My take is everyone thinks he is talking from his ass.

I’ve never known any of the old TL/AOS boys or faceless boys to pull punches or lie especially with dropping bombs on foh. Especially big sieger.

i guess trust in people has eroded with mabbu and the like running guilds for the last few years.

i think they are some new faces here and probably newer to tlps too- welcome to foh the back water dumping ground for washed up vets.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
The only way in which it could be fake is if someone found a way to fake trade window display. Like 3 months ago a friend of mine actually discovered an item dupe over on Aradune, but he said the way it worked, if your character zoned the duplicate item would disappear. I think this item dupe was talked about widely on the forums etc. My initial reaction when I was shown the duped platinum on Mischief was to ask if it was "real" plat or just some artifact like that which would disappear if the character zoned or logged out, but the person told me they had persisted the platinum for days.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The only way in which it could be fake is if someone found a way to fake trade window display. Like 3 months ago a friend of mine actually discovered an item dupe over on Aradune, but he said the way it worked, if your character zoned the duplicate item would disappear. I think this item dupe was talked about widely on the forums etc. My initial reaction when I was shown the duped platinum on Mischief was to ask if it was "real" plat or just some artifact like that which would disappear if the character zoned or logged out, but the person told me they had persisted the platinum for days.
There was a way to fake plat in a trade window at some point. I think back then if you accepted it'd disconnect you or other weird things. The trade window being shit is the source of like most the duplicate bugs I've seen over time.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Did they fix the "if you click a thing you're wearing it creates a copy" bug? I was having a hard time reproducing it properly but I was able to make copies of my gear that could be worn (and gave their stats) even if lore but I couldn't really think of anything to do with it and the copies poofed when you logged or zoned. I tried duping quest items but dudes wouldn't accept them. That clicking bug felt mostly visual but if someone found a way to weaponize it that wouldn't be a shock.

I was sure I had something on the quest items. I equipped a stack of 1000 fire beetle eyes and then click copied four stacks of them in to the trade window of the dude in Grobb but that son of a bitch knew they were bogus.

• 1Like

Vindicator

Bronze Squire
Less simping or emotional attachment, more of the realization that there is a massive ton of BS that gets put out on here and unwillingness to believe every single thing that is written. Even on things that seem very much like they could be / are true, its more prudent to actually question the validity when there is no proof provided, rather than to believe everything first. But if people want to believe everything that they read, well......that is their choice. Some people want more first before hoping on that train.

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
I mean I have like 100 posts here and check this forum maybe once a week; I've lead two TLP guilds for years and run a live guild today. Most of my time in EQ is spent actually running shit not foaming at the mouth on the forums; I'm not part of the crowd of mongoloids who just spew shit onto these boards all day. I'm fine with the general idea of "trust but verify" and you shouldn't believe anything fully without evidence just saying I do have a reputation on TLPs and running around making nonsense up on the forums isn't part of it.

Edit: Also if you believe me it means you should try to keep as much of your wealth in krono as possible. If I'm lying or wrong, then it means....you'd end up with most of your in game wealth in krono. That's actually not a bad situation because that's the default behavior you should follow as a rule anyway, it's never been wise to keep a large % of your money in platinum on TLPs.

Vindicator

Bronze Squire
Did they fix the "if you click a thing you're wearing it creates a copy" bug? I was having a hard time reproducing it properly but I was able to make copies of my gear that could be worn (and gave their stats) even if lore but I couldn't really think of anything to do with it and the copies poofed when you logged or zoned. I tried duping quest items but dudes wouldn't accept them. That clicking bug felt mostly visual but if someone found a way to weaponize it that wouldn't be a shock.

I was sure I had something on the quest items. I equipped a stack of 1000 fire beetle eyes and then click copied four stacks of them in to the trade window of the dude in Grobb but that son of a bitch knew they were bogus.
I'd guess yes, because it stopped being talked about after a couple of weeks, but could be wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if somebody figured out a way to turn that visual / one zone only bug into something real before it got fixed, though.

Zaide

TLP Idealist

I think they fixed this last patch, but like you said it was a visual bug anyway.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It was visual EXCEPT I made a bunch of spirit wracked cords that I could wear (despite being lore) and each changed my character sheet. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't even bring it up and I never tried trading anything with players.

Vindicator

Bronze Squire
I mean I have like 100 posts here and check this forum maybe once a week; I've lead two TLP guilds for years and run a live guild today. Most of my time in EQ is spent actually running shit not foaming at the mouth on the forums; I'm not part of the crowd of mongoloids who just spew shit onto these boards all day. I'm fine with the general idea of "trust but verify" and you shouldn't believe anything fully without evidence just saying I do have a reputation on TLPs and running around making nonsense up on the forums isn't part of it.

Edit: Also if you believe me it means you should try to keep as much of your wealth in krono as possible. If I'm lying or wrong, then it means....you'd end up with most of your in game wealth in krono. That's actually not a bad situation because that's the default behavior you should follow as a rule anyway, it's never been wise to keep a large % of your money in platinum on TLPs.
I always try to keep as much of my wealth in Krono anyways, as it tends to go up in value rather than down.

Rather than a lot of people here who want to instantly believe anything their friends/acquaintances say, I as a general rule prefer more concrete information before I fully make a decision. I'm willing to say, "Yeah, this or that is very likely happening", but I'm not going to 100% believe something just because someone on the internet says its true. I'll let at least some doubt keep its hold until there is no reason to have that doubt.

There are a lot of "Just wait until I drop this bombshell" comments in the world of the internet these days, but usually it never pans out and is just BS, especially here on these forums. Your posts on this particular subject seem the most believable, but like I mentioned, I'll reserve that grain of doubt unless there is reason to get rid of it.

Vindicator

Bronze Squire
It was visual EXCEPT I made a bunch of spirit wracked cords that I could wear (despite being lore) and each changed my character sheet. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't even bring it up and I never tried trading anything with players.
One of the people that I knew who found this bug said that the item disappeared when they tried to trade, other than the one real item. Just what I was told, no actual proof to back it up.

• 1Like

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider

Someone holding a bunch of plat in a window open doesn't mean that there is a plat dupe. There are other reasons people have tons of plat. The last time i've seen krono prices being changed by a "plat dupe" some dumb GM was handing out like 200k plat because people lost spells due to a bug.

Not saying there is or isn't just saying i'm skeptical.

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
Less simping or emotional attachment, more of the realization that there is a massive ton of BS that gets put out on here and unwillingness to believe every single thing that is written. Even on things that seem very much like they could be / are true, its more prudent to actually question the validity when there is no proof provided, rather than to believe everything first. But if people want to believe everything that they read, well......that is their choice. Some people want more first before hoping on that train.

yeah i guess I’m a simp for talking to and vouching for guys I have known at this point for 5+ years playing all these tlps and have a pretty much perfect track record on things they say. Most the people I am referring to are on multiple sides of the table over years.

I have no clue who the Fuck you are though, and yes you are correct there are a few memes on here that come in here to spew their bullshit- we al know who they are - you are quickly becoming one. Just read the room , get to know people a little better, and use context and don’t be so autistic and if you are going to be at least make it entertaining -

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Captain Jack Sparrow

Silver Squire
yeah i guess I’m a simp for talking to guys I have known at this point for 5+ years playing all these tlps and have a pretty much perfect track record. Most the people I am referring to are on multiple sides of the table over years.

I have no clue who the Fuck you are though, and yes you are correct there are a few memes on here that come in here to spew their bullshit- we al know who they are - you are quickly becoming one.

He knows people guys lookout, he's been on TLPs for 5 YEARS! Rookie

Not to mention isn't crying about Mabbu still in 2021 kind of a pussy? Get a shrink, I know suicidal people that walked away from a Mabbu guild with less baggage than you.

MORE ON THE DUPE PLZ

• 1Like

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
He knows people guys lookout, he's been on TLPs for 5 YEARS! Rookie

Not to mention isn't crying about Mabbu still in 2021 kind of a pussy? Get a shrink, I know suicidal people that walked away from a Mabbu guild with less baggage than you.

MORE ON THE DUPE PLZ

echoed on the dupe.

yeah phinny was about that long ago right? I played rage but not seriously.

Which mabbu guild was i in, can you remind me?
Regardless it’s hard to argue that drama Like this isn’t good for foh lol. New parachutes every time

Last edited:

Captain Jack Sparrow

Silver Squire
echoed on the dupe.

Which mabbu guild was i in, can you remind me?

I remember him telling us all about you. You got kicked out of the guild twice on Coirnav and once on Mangler. They said you have some crush on him, and the way you bring him up in your post history randomly a few times a month totally supports that.

MORE PLAT DUPE PLZ

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So there is some amazing plat dupe going on Mischief. OK. What is the proof? I'm not denying that there is. No experience with it myself, as I don't cheat, but if you are going to say there are cheats, should at least provide proof or its nothing more than speculation.

If Zaide and Sieger confirmed it, that's credible enough for me. Good news is hardly anyone knows what it is so it hopefully won't disrupt the server too much before it gets fixed. Once it's fixed people will be able to talk about it more loosely.

• 1NPC