EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Vindicator

Bronze Squire
If Zaide and Sieger confirmed it, that's credible enough for me. Good news is hardly anyone knows what it is so it hopefully won't disrupt the server too much before it gets fixed. Once it's fixed people will be able to talk about it more loosely.
I'd rather see the info blasted out there to the point where Darkpaw is forced to act on it sooner than later, rather than let it slow roll and the exploiters have the time to cash out before getting caught.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Pretty sure there has been a dupe for every single TLP. The first ever TLP had several of them and I can't remember not hearing of at least 1 dupe per TLP since. outside of dupes there has been stuff like JC recipes that cost 2pp less to make than the merchants paid for them. You'd see merchants in felwithe stacked with unenchanted jewelry of this particular item. That alone "duped" a ton of plat and wasn't even a real dupe.

There's no need for proof. We'll get the details when it's done. I'm sure it exists, just like it has every other time. Also, if those krono price inflations are true, obviously there's a plat dupe.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
I remember him telling us all about you. You got kicked out of the guild twice on Coirnav and once on Mangler. They said you have some crush on him, and the way you bring him up in your post history randomly a few times a month totally supports that.

MORE PLAT DUPE PLZ

wow this is juicy. Sounds like mabbu got a crush on me.

definitely didn’t play on mangler and bought a monk on coirnav but never have guildEd with him.

i was guilded with yukina and her shitter guild for a few months in coirnav there playing casually.

sieger discourages me from playing he’s so responsible - on selos he’s like don’t do it you are a father now lol

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
You've got two people who have no reason to lie or embellish that are pretty well known as straight shooters here (i.e. not vindictive assholes), plus another guy who has knowledge of the "underside" of things in the game. The first two are credible enough for me, and the third for sure seals it.

I don't think it's some Sidney Powell Kraken-tier take they're making here. Sure, you could argue the scale since we haven't seen any evidence, but the likelihood of an actual dupe being found and exploited is greater than 0% based on historical precedent.

Captain Jack Sparrow

Silver Squire
Remember when people transferred to Zek from Ragefire....picked up millions of plat then petitioned "Opps I moved to the wrong server please move me back".

Frenzic was one of a few that got away with that one.

RIP Entellion on Zek, lost but not forgotten.

• 1Like

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
Remember when people transferred to Zek from Ragefire....picked up millions of plat then petitioned "Opps I moved to the wrong server please move me back".

This happened on Agnarr too, someone did a free transfer to Zek, got a few million plat, petitioned saying "I didn't know what this server transfer window was, and accidentally transferred to this weird pvp server", GM moved his char back to Agnarr with millions of plat in like....week 4 of classic.

• 1Like

Captain Jack Sparrow

Silver Squire
This happened on Agnarr too, someone did a free transfer to Zek, got a few million plat, petitioned saying "I didn't know what this server transfer window was, and accidentally transferred to this weird pvp server", GM moved his char back to Agnarr with millions of plat in like....week 4 of classic.

What a world.

Zaide

TLP Idealist

Rip Abacab, he went back one time too many.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
This reminds me of how FoH used to exploit server transfers back when transferring a server cleared your char of ALL your gear/plat. There was some trick where you would make your character name on the intended transfer server, then die or something, then delete the character. Then when you transferred over, there was some way to trick the game into rolling your char back to having all your stuff, but you'd be on the new server with it. I don't remember all the details of how it worked, it was something like this. Was pretty genius.

It's hilarious how many dupes rely on a GM LOL.

Vindicator

Bronze Squire
Guess I expect more proof than words than most people here. That's fine. To each their own. I prefer people to prove their statements, rather than just accept everything at face value. There is so much of "I have this proof of shady things going on and I'm going to release it one day" but we all know it never is getting released.
yeah i guess I’m a simp for talking to and vouching for guys I have known at this point for 5+ years playing all these tlps and have a pretty much perfect track record on things they say. Most the people I am referring to are on multiple sides of the table over years.

I have no clue who the Fuck you are though, and yes you are correct there are a few memes on here that come in here to spew their bullshit- we al know who they are - you are quickly becoming one. Just read the room , get to know people a little better, and use context and don’t be so autistic and if you are going to be at least make it entertaining -
Cool. What bullshit have I spewed other than asking people to provide proof to their statements? Does it really trouble you so much that some people prefer to get the full story? Also, simp / autistic is kind of overused. You should try some new words.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Guess I expect more proof than words than most people here. That's fine. To each their own. I prefer people to prove their statements, rather than just accept everything at face value. There is so much of "I have this proof of shady things going on and I'm going to release it one day" but we all know it never is getting released.

Cool. What bullshit have I spewed other than asking people to provide proof to their statements? Does it really trouble you so much that some people prefer to get the full story? Also, simp / autistic is kind of overused. You should try some new words.
Dude if Zaide said it's legit, it's legit. Why would he lie? Pretty sure they court martial you for lying about EQ.

Seriously though, we have no reason to doubt him.

Sterling

El Presidente
I think the range of people posting here is interesting. The whole range of well known TLP Vets, confirmed retards, and a whole spectrum in between. With an emphasis on spectrum.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

kinadin

<Gold Donor>

Bro you're outing yourself right now as a new guy.

If both Zaide and Sieger say it's real, then it's legit. They didn't just magically get clout here for no reason.

Vindicator

Bronze Squire
Dude if Zaide said it's legit, it's legit. Why would he lie? Pretty sure they court martial you for lying about EQ.

Seriously though, we have no reason to doubt him.
In this case, the plat dupe information came about after talks about how much people were making on GDKP raids, of which he had split from recently.

I have no reason to doubt that there isn't a dupe. EQ has proved time and time again that players will find a new way when the old ones are closed. I'm just saying that if you are going to make a claim (even if likely 100% true), then provide a bit of proof along with it.

Half these forums are "I'm going to drop this huge bombshell about some player" but then that bombshell never actually sees the light of day.

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
The fuck are you even going on about with the "bombshell" takes? People just talk shit to each other in these threads usually. I don't remember anyone pulling the "I've got a bombshell on this guy just you wait!"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vindicator

Bronze Squire
Bro you're outing yourself right now as a new guy.

If both Zaide and Sieger say it's real, then it's legit. They didn't just magically get clout here for no reason.
I am a new guy here, well at least in posting. Never going to deny that. Why would I? As for Zaide, I think I've said or at least implied that he is a very personable player in the game and has accomplished a lot.

I just find it kind of funny how people will follow every last word of people, but if someone else asks for a tiny shred of actual proof they get called attacked for it.

Sterling

El Presidente
I won't always agree with everything Zaide or Sieger say, but this seems like a very strange thing to lie about.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
tenor.gif

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
First Zaide lies about his gender, now he's lying about plat dupes. When does it fucking end?!?

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users