EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If the gear is All/All that means it'll work with pets, right?

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 1 users

mtnhmr

Trakanon Raider
All/All + no drop.

Classes would simply mutate.

Super cool to build that battle cleric or enhance shaman.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
There are some pretty broken items in the hands of other classes. Velious cleric legs and even a donals bp come to mind right off the bat... Everyone having a clicky 96% rez would be amazing though.

All melee having monk clicky bard haste and their own ghetto avatar from cudgel or even easier the kunark shield.

Shard of night is a 21/24 1h sk piercer that would absolutely break rogues in as early as kunark.

Broken is definitely an understatement but it would be a lot of fun.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thats like 90% of the fun of EQ.

You can tell when someone has never actually had to decide loot for a guild. Either DKP or council. it's not fun at all and you learn really fast that your fellow guildmates are all whiners to the extreme.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You can tell when someone has never actually had to decide loot for a guild. Either DKP or council. it's not fun at all and you learn really fast that your fellow guildmates are all whiners to the extreme.
The drama, not the actual responsibility of the loot. But yea, Ive never been an officer or anything /s.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
There are some pretty broken items in the hands of other classes. Velious cleric legs and even a donals bp come to mind right off the bat... Everyone having a clicky 96% rez would be amazing though.

All melee having monk clicky bard haste and their own ghetto avatar from cudgel or even easier the kunark shield.

Shard of night is a 21/24 1h sk piercer that would absolutely break rogues in as early as kunark.

Broken is definitely an understatement but it would be a lot of fun.

That piercer having no backstab damage means rogues lose again

This idea is ok for a short term event server, but absolutely retarded unless you want everyone pigeonholed into like 4 classes.

All/All + no drop.

Classes would simply mutate.

Super cool to build that battle cleric or enhance shaman.

You must not actually play if you believe either of those things

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Would backstab even do anything if there's no backstab damage on the weapon? That's why I don't think this would do anything for them since only rogue usable weapons have backstab damage on them

The backstab Damage is just a bonus on top of the normal damage. So a Tantor's Tusk would double backstab for like 2.5-3k+2.5k-3k on a good round.

And then they instantly get aggro and can't backstab anymore!

That's not how melee agro works and Rogues get an agro dump on TLPs.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The backstab Damage is just a bonus on top of the normal damage. So a Tantor's Tusk would double backstab for like 2.5-3k+2.5k-3k on a good round.

That's not how melee agro works and Rogues get an agro dump on TLPs.

No, that's wrong.

You're thinking +backstab damage, which is different than than backstab damage that is on rogue piercing weapons that's the amount of damage taken into account for backstabs

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
You can absolutely take sizeable aggro with a giant crit or hit if you're close enough to the tank's threat, especially if we're talking about multi thousand hits in velious. That's how a paladin can rip aggro off a warrior in frostcrypt if they get lucky. No, you're not going to join in out of the blue and take it with one hit, but I wasn't saying that. Their agro drop isn't fully reliable until POP.

I mean, it might not be a problem if warriors are dual wielding Frostwrath and that stun knight weapon, but I think it would be a bigger issue than it usually is in those eras.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I look forward to the multi page backstab / melee threat argument that's about to take place.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 4 users

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
No, that's wrong.

You're thinking +backstab damage, which is different than than backstab damage that is on rogue piercing weapons that's the amount of damage taken into account for backstabs

Trident of Slaughter. Feel free to test it yourself.

Also +Backstab is on a lot of things besides weapons unless you meant %backstab.

You can absolutely take sizeable aggro with a giant crit or hit if you're close enough to the tank's threat, especially if we're talking about multi thousand hits in velious. That's how a paladin can rip aggro off a warrior in frostcrypt if they get lucky. No, you're not going to join in out of the blue and take it with one hit, but I wasn't saying that. Their agro drop isn't fully reliable until POP.

I mean, it might not be a problem if warriors are dual wielding Frostwrath and that stun knight weapon, but I think it would be a bigger issue than it usually is in those eras.

Damage is really irrelevant to melee threat generation. Number of swings and procs are really the only relevant things.

Rogues have a "hidden ability" called evade which lowers threat when you use hide in combat.