EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Reminds me of Agnarr Chokidai prods in Lake of Ill Omen. Some mage, maybe one of your Faceless bois, I can't remember. Charming maybe? He had the timer on SEQ and had 5 mages and they'd just start casting AoE rains 3 seconds before it popped and sniped every spawn that we couldn't double HT first. It was pretty dumb, but the dude did only take like 2-3 and then let people have the next few before he came back.
I remember Agnarr prods being all about puppet strings then gating or running it away.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, that was the AJ meta for sure as well. Even for Mangler. I can't remember this prod guys name, but I'm 90% it was Charming and his 3-4 mages and he'd just pre-blast shit. It was very effective and I think we only managed to HT like one of 3 attempts. Like I said he wasn't a total shit bag, he'd just get a few then take a break while he sold them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Is Chancellor marked as rare? They made it so you can't charm named since then right? With the temporary spawn immunity, it changes up the tagging game, but it'll be interesting to see how key camps play out.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I can't remember if he's tagged as rare but now he can spawn anywhere in the little maze before the big room so it's typically not a giant mess to get a prod.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah there have been a whirlwind of changes now that helped alleviate that particular problem. Random spawns off random PHs, anti charm shit, dropping multiple (?), etc. Definitely helped QoL for that expac.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I can't remember if he's tagged as rare but now he can spawn anywhere in the little maze before the big room so it's typically not a giant mess to get a prod.

Yeah, wasn't any kind of issue the last couple servers I did that on. He can show up randomly all over the place. SEQ people still have an advantage obviously but it's no longer a roadblock if someone is sitting on the throne and dropping pre-emptive rains.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Yeah, wasn't any kind of issue the last couple servers I did that on. He can show up randomly all over the place. SEQ people still have an advantage obviously but it's no longer a roadblock if someone is sitting on the throne and dropping pre-emptive rains.

There's also typically some Necromancers putting that entire fucking maze to the sword in search of hat quest items so it naturally churns pretty fast.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
OMG I hated that.

Charm gating in general was such a PITA. Don't think I ever did it except to stop someone else from doing it. I remember it being almost impossible to get a Fishbone Earring in classic on a few servers because of charm gaters.

Wynt

Trakanon Raider
Is Chancellor marked as rare? They made it so you can't charm named since then right? With the temporary spawn immunity, it changes up the tagging game, but it'll be interesting to see how key camps play out.
IIRC he's not immune to charm when I played Yelinak. I think they missed that one.

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
Based on the positive responses on Oakwynd I think the EQ population that likes FTE would be ok with it. Anything that makes EQ easier and less risky is positive. Just pay your sub, buy a bag and get your gerbil pellet of fun in a safe, non-triggering way.

I hope next year they release another, even easier version of FTE and then a hard-mode server that mixes some Vaniki in along with 50% respawn times. All the gerbils get their fun pellets and I get a challenge worth overcoming.
EQ TLP's can be as easy or as hard as you want it to be regardless of the ruleset. Were you in any of the statics racing to 50?

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Just reading the OAKbroke posts. there seems to be a lot of drama. Which one of you guys was behind the "Phinygate" where you threaten to file of hundreds of chargebacks against DBG. you have some balls...wasn't that the reason Vicious GOT banned in EQ.

Last edited:
  • 1WTF
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Conan Obrien GIF by Team Coco

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
FTE poop socked Naggy and logged off in zone. They then proceeded to lose vox that spawned while they were there and the subsequent naggy even though they had 20-30 in zone before we it was batphone by RI. Then they just skip OW CT and Draco that was up in their raiding time. Proceed to split dragons with one split taking 3 hours more than the other with many many naggy wipes.
Drama then follows because they don’t get hourly ticks of dkp, just boss kill dkp lol.
Rough 24 hours for them.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
No time ticks seems like pretty dumb leadership to me. Or no way to ensure equal DKP gain between splits while accounting for time. People get upset real fast if they're in a slow split repeatedly.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
FTE poop socked Naggy and logged off in zone. They then proceeded to lose vox that spawned while they were there and the subsequent naggy even though they had 20-30 in zone before we it was batphone by RI. Then they just skip OW CT and Draco that was up in their raiding time. Proceed to split dragons with one split taking 3 hours more than the other with many many naggy wipes.
Drama then follows because they don’t get hourly ticks of dkp, just boss kill dkp lol.
Rough 24 hours for them.
How are they wiping to Nagafen? Is it like a class composition issue? Numbers? I just don’t see how you wipe to scheduled dragon raids 2 weeks into the server.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
How are they wiping to Nagafen? Is it like a class composition issue? Numbers? I just don’t see how you wipe to scheduled dragon raids 2 weeks into the server.
Honestly no clue. They had 50 in the raid. Plenty of healers. At least once was a bad pull/positioning. Other than that, you’d have to ask keg as he took over raid leading for that split it seemed like on his stream as no one had any clue what to do.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Proceed to split dragons with one split taking 3 hours more than the other with many many naggy wipes.
Rough 24 hours for them.
Why would you get extra DKP just because you suck and take 3 hours to kill a 20 year old 10 pixel dragon? Seems fair to me

• 1Worf