EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
What's the motivation to have OW earning slower than DZs? Seems like it shoudl be the inverse, no?

Beats me man, I tried having this conversation with them weeks ago but they decided they 'didn't want to alienate DZ only raiders'.

So a DZ raid right now earns 8dkp over 4 hours. If they call a batphone for a dragon it'll earn...1dkp per hour, so, 1dkp. There's no on-time incentive, or victory/contested incentive or anything.

This is how you end up trying to do joint-guild raids cause no one is showing up.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They also don't have a batphone DKP bonus and open world earns at half the rate of DZs sooooooo, I don't really expect anything ever manifests in OW.

That's the biggest wtf for me. They want us to be an OW guild so badly but refuse to offer any real incentive for showing up, and now we're going to be splitting loot with another guild.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
As much as I expected to want to dump on it, that was actually a fun video. Well played sir.
All the Vindaven videos have been enjoyable so far. I think it's the fact that you can hear people are excited and having a good time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Isn't the entire point of this server to give credit to the person who engaged first? And the only way in which a lock can be broken is via the /lock command?

Daybreak should immediately hotfix this issue... but they won't.
The issue is you can’t completely lock out the mob otherwise you have clerics oog healing and such with no chance they take agro. What they have is pretty well done though.

Tlpman

Golden Squire
As much as I expected to want to dump on it, that was actually a fun video. Well played sir.
What most people fail to understand is its not about how fast you clear something, or how much loot you get its about how much fun you all have doing it.

If these people can have fun on this shit ruleset, I think they are capable of having fun together doing just about anything.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
The issue is you can’t completely lock out the mob otherwise you have clerics oog healing and such with no chance they take agro. What they have is pretty well done though.
Shouldn't the raid mob lock to the raid? Is FTE only applying to one group?

EQ supports what, 72 person raids or something? That is plenty to do Lord fucking Nagafen.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Shouldn't the raid mob lock to the raid? Is FTE only applying to one group?

EQ supports what, 72 person raids or something? That is plenty to do Lord fucking Nagafen.

Regardless of how it works in practice, they did state their design intent was to lock it based on the character, initially, and group/raid extending from there.

If it locked to a group or raid initially you would probably get really weird shit like if people dropped group or joined a raid or a raid disbanded mid fight. That or this design was just less work.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
The mob tags to the raid. FTE has some oddities to it that don't match wow from 10+ years ago.

1. You cannot do anything at all to the mob that is not encounter locked to you. The name is grey and attempting to attack it or cast on it gives you a red "your target is in an encounter you're not a part of".
2. You can still heal and buff people who are locked to encounters.
3. You can /y off the mob to 'break' the encounter and allow it to become FFA.
4. If you get to the top of the mobs aggro list, it will still attack you. Once this happens, the encounter breaks the same as if you /y the mob.

The mobs also have some reset mechanics, where they reset after dropping combat. This can happen when you mez/blur an add or charm a pet. This is the source of the current pet bug where if you hold a pet longer than it takes for it to drop the encounter, it kind of goes into a weird state where you don't see the charm break message and the window doesn't go away.

The main issue is that there are binary choices being made at each step of the 'encounter locking' logic, and right now this is the least bad setup they could think of. What cupcaek was saying is that if mobs didn't interact with anyone outside of the encounter, then you could do things like keep all of your healers outside of the raid and have them healing without any aggro, etc.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Man in the last like 3 weeks the team lost Accendo, Truenorth and Dzarn (today) all fired. It's crazy.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Accendo was a shit bag and an incel. Pretty awesome he's gone.

Surprised about Dzarn; seemed like a knowledgeable dev.

Is this just corporate downsizing or something more?

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
The mob tags to the raid. FTE has some oddities to it that don't match wow from 10+ years ago.

1. You cannot do anything at all to the mob that is not encounter locked to you. The name is grey and attempting to attack it or cast on it gives you a red "your target is in an encounter you're not a part of".
2. You can still heal and buff people who are locked to encounters.
3. You can /y off the mob to 'break' the encounter and allow it to become FFA.
4. If you get to the top of the mobs aggro list, it will still attack you. Once this happens, the encounter breaks the same as if you /y the mob.

The mobs also have some reset mechanics, where they reset after dropping combat. This can happen when you mez/blur an add or charm a pet. This is the source of the current pet bug where if you hold a pet longer than it takes for it to drop the encounter, it kind of goes into a weird state where you don't see the charm break message and the window doesn't go away.

The main issue is that there are binary choices being made at each step of the 'encounter locking' logic, and right now this is the least bad setup they could think of. What cupcaek was saying is that if mobs didn't interact with anyone outside of the encounter, then you could do things like keep all of your healers outside of the raid and have them healing without any aggro, etc.
Does taunt not work? like can't any random warrior just walk up taunt and now the mob is hitting him, so the encounter breaks?

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Yeah Accendo was a humorless scold, got so many warnings and post removed that weren't even all that controversial, couldn't even engage in some light hearted banter with other guilds.

"Removed for promoting guild rivalry"

The other 2 I never had any interaction with and didn't really know, maybe they spoke out against the holy grail of FTE.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Does taunt not work? like can't any random warrior just walk up taunt and now the mob is hitting him, so the encounter breaks?

Saw a claim of disarm breaking encounter lock, haven't had a chance to try and it was from somebody I didn't know so grain of salt and all that, be interesting to know, kind of thing that nefarious types would keep to themselves

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah Accendo was a humorless scold, got so many warnings and post removed that weren't even all that controversial, couldn't even engage in some light hearted banter with other guilds.

"Removed for promoting guild rivalry"

The other 2 I never had any interaction with and didn't really know, maybe they spoke out against the holy grail of FTE.
He actually has a book written about being an incel and he also touts being former military but he didn't even make it out of boot camp; not to mention his LEO fetishization. He got in some trouble for disproportionately punishing women in the discord chat at one point and JChan had to step in and rescind a ban. Surprised it took this long, to be honest.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If it's locked you can't do anything to it. That includes charm.

One of the underlying problems with this whole system is there's still enough bugs in it that you occasionally get some outcomes that make no sense. It makes it hard to really understand exactly how it all works.

Xevy

Log Wizard
He actually has a book written about being an incel and he also touts being former military but he didn't even make it out of boot camp; not to mention his LEO fetishization. He got in some trouble for disproportionately punishing women in the discord chat at one point and JChan had to step in and rescind a ban. Surprised it took this long, to be honest.
What I'm hearing is

he's here somewhere.

• 6Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
He was a doucher but if anyone wants to link the book, I'm curious.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?

Is he looking for a new guild, I hear FTE does open world mobs

• 1Solidarity

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
These revelations probably explain why gave me a week off for posting this in response to some idiot whining about Oakwynd. Pretty harmless, unless you're an incel I guess.

1686805211428.jpeg