EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The whole "no name and shame" bullshit on their forums is nothing more than a way to keep the average customer from figuring out that the duchebag that trains you, AoE power levels 24 hours a day, and has bots running to farm Sirens Grotto are protected by the GMs that get direct kickbacks from those operations on the side as a second income. I mean how fucking stupid do you have to be to not realize that when the same mother fuckers bot farm frost giants and Sirens Grotto 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year on every... single... fucking TLP server ever made? If you get in their way in any form what so ever, you get an instant 7 day suspension. If you post about them on the forums, you get a suspension for "name and shame" policy violation. It's no fucking secret that this shit is going on, and has been going on for ever.
I don't play on TLPs (though I might be tempted if they make a ruleset I like), but I'm surprised you people don't publicize common cheaters in some format that DPG doesn't control.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The problem isn't that we all think the company is clean and nobody makes money on the side. The problem is that you post these accusations on the website owned by that company and then act surprised and offended when the company you are accusing of wrongdoing removes your rants and flames from their space. The fuck do you expect?

100%. It's the type of post you make and just hope a lot of people read before it inevitably gets nuked

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Reminds me of the cults that shield members from reality at all cost because they know the truth revels how stupid the whole thing is. They are doing what they need to in order to protect their ez mode money.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I don't play on TLPs (though I might be tempted if they make a ruleset I like), but I'm surprised you people don't publicize common cheaters in some format that DPG doesn't control.
In the current TLP environment this sort of thing would be roundly mocked and people would encourage you to stop whining about cheaters and instead just not suck. People aren’t ashamed of being caught cheating. They’re not worried about repercussions. There is essentially no negative outcome from cheating, socially or otherwise.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I just remembered that people knew how to generate 40+ rewards from Velious ring wars and that went on over at least a couple servers before eventually getting fixed on Aradune with zero consequences for the hundreds of additional items created by a couple different guilds.

Another for the list.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
I just remembered that people knew how to generate 40+ rewards from Velious ring wars and that went on over at least a couple servers before eventually getting fixed on Aradune with zero consequences for the hundreds of additional items created by a couple different guilds.

Another for the list.
Literally no reason to do ring wars anymore since they fixed it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard

Another for the list.
Our guild did that on Mangler. But the rule was you weren't allowed to sell any of the items until at least the next expansion. I think we were at our 3rd Ring War when we started allowing items to go to alts because there was a timer of sorts on the dupe so you could only get X many of each item and we tried to balance it to get all the items our guildmates wanted.

It was cheeze, but it was no secret and we literally told anyone who asked how to do it because organizing a Ring War for several hours for essentially one person every week was awful. You'd get like 3 usable pieces of loot as well, but the other 20+ people just got shafted.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
In the current TLP environment this sort of thing would be roundly mocked and people would encourage you to stop whining about cheaters and instead just not suck. People aren’t ashamed of being caught cheating. They’re not worried about repercussions. There is essentially no negative outcome from cheating, socially or otherwise.
I'm not really talking about run of the mill cheaters, just the 24/7 bot groups that have attained a protected class status that Pharone is talking about.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I'm not really talking about run of the mill cheaters, just the 24/7 bot groups that have attained a protected class status that Pharone is talking about.
I mean, what will that do?

Tubbins on Mangler was extremely well known for botting an entire raid from at least Velious to OoW. Anyone who was raiding and paying attention knew exactly what was going on. He may have lost some characters but there was never a time where he seemed to take any significant break that might indicate a large ban and his main character that he auctioned all the loot from never got banned. I vaguely recall him racing for and winning an open world Tormax around Christmas Day that I'm sure was petitioned and nothing came of it (though the details may be fuzzy there).

What good would this information do existing on a third party site when it was super well known and nobody in the game could do anything about it and nobody from DPG wanted to do anything about it?

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
24/7 bot crews care less than anyone. They know GMs won’t do shit, and they have zero community reliance so they don’t care who knows or what people think. Plebs in game are also happy to pay some kronolord a McWage to sell them raid loot that was acquired via a bot team.

Wynt

Trakanon Raider
I mean, what will that do?

Tubbins on Mangler was extremely well known for botting an entire raid from at least Velious to OoW. Anyone who was raiding and paying attention knew exactly what was going on. He may have lost some characters but there was never a time where he seemed to take any significant break that might indicate a large ban and his main character that he auctioned all the loot from never got banned. I vaguely recall him racing for and winning an open world Tormax around Christmas Day that I'm sure was petitioned and nothing came of it (though the details may be fuzzy there).

What good would this information do existing on a third party site when it was super well known and nobody in the game could do anything about it and nobody from DPG wanted to do anything about it?
Sir Oliver Cromwell I believe was the lord that trained him.. and he copped a suspension for the train hahaha

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
Some type of cheating is tolerated like show eq. Warping and shit will get you shamed for sure. Mossad for example is often mocked on discord for being cheaters.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

EQ: Zimbabwe Server

1701314195414.png

Cupcaek Cupcaek sighting

• 1Like

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
They did do another round of bans today related to the plat exploit. I am not sure if they have more planned or not though and I am not sure how much of the plat was actually removed and or banned from the server. I know it wasnt nearly enough to fix the economy though. They waited so long it became almost impossible at this point.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'd like to say that a well-publicized website that outs current botters would be compelling, but yeah, you're right, aint nothin gon' happen.

Zish

Trakanon Raider
Here's the deal with that situation, it ONLY started happening AFTER we had a run in with a bot farming a zone. We competed with him for spawns because we needed them too, and he was there 24 fucking hours a day every fucking day. There was no way to wait your turn. If you wanted anything, you had to compete with him. The dude got pissy after he noticed we were getting spawns that his bots were supposed to be getting, so he started telling us to fuck off in tells. After an argument with him, BAM we were sitting at desktop instantly. Hmm... that's odd. Get back in game, and look at that, the instant kick to desktop when we were in the same zone at the same time doing any abilities at the same time.

But.. that's just implemented on every truebox server? The same thing happened to me when I tried to get my S/O to play on Mischief with me, we couldn't do it because any time we pressed a key close to the same time we were disconnected. It's lame but it's just how they attempt to prevent sending multiple keystrokes to multiple accounts at the same time.