EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Ban wave out, not sure what for, people speculating that it was for "exploiting" the red wine quest but seen people claiming they got a suspension despite not even playing or turning in any red wine.

This fucking company...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Ban wave out, not sure what for, people speculating that it was for "exploiting" the red wine quest but seen people claiming they got a suspension despite not even playing or turning in any red wine.

This fucking company...

It was probably their little brothers

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Since the plat dupe, then the AA mess, then the red wine disaster Oakwynds population has taken a major hit. Before the plat dupe Oakwynd was averaging 3100 players a night. A number that was close to what Mischief was averaging at a similar time in its tlp timeline.

Right now Mischief is averaging more per night than Oakwynd. Oakywnds population is actually lower than Yelinaks was at a similar time in its timeline.

1703697286870.png

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Just out of curiosity.... what is the Test Server population?

What resource is available to see at least an estimate of active users? Me and several friends and family has started back up and Tunare / Seventh Hammer is pretty empty so we were considering moving.

I really wish they would move Agnarr to a FTP server. I don't understand why they wouldn't especially with the popularity of Classic and Emulated servers. I think it would be a draw at least for folks to drift in and out. Throw a few items in the store allowable such as pots and cosmetics and you would probably much better off than you are now with that server.

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
Since the plat dupe, then the AA mess, then the red wine disaster Oakwynds population has taken a major hit. Before the plat dupe Oakwynd was averaging 3100 players a night. A number that was close to what Mischief was averaging at a similar time in its tlp timeline.

Right now Mischief is averaging more per night than Oakwynd. Oakywnds population is actually lower than Yelinaks was at a similar time in its timeline.

View attachment 506025
Maybe you shouldn't compare population declines during Christmas?

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Just out of curiosity.... what is the Test Server population?

What resource is available to see at least an estimate of active users? Me and several friends and family has started back up and Tunare / Seventh Hammer is pretty empty so we were considering moving.

I really wish they would move Agnarr to a FTP server. I don't understand why they wouldn't especially with the popularity of Classic and Emulated servers. I think it would be a draw at least for folks to drift in and out. Throw a few items in the store allowable such as pots and cosmetics and you would probably much better off than you are now with that server.
Its pretty low, but if you're bringing your own group and not concerned with raids or bazaar its ideal

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Maybe you shouldn't compare population declines during Christmas?
Why do you think it would be markedly different between servers at this time period? Like, why would a greater proportion of mischief players be playing now instead of Oakwynd simply because of the holidays? Mischief players hate Christmas?

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
If you're trying to measure actual population decline on a server it would be best measured outside of a major holiday so you can get accurate information. You have no idea or ability to control for or explain the shifts in population during the holiday for a number of reasons. I do not understand why this is such a difficult concept to understand.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
If you're trying to measure actual population decline on a server it would be best measured outside of a major holiday so you can get accurate information. You have no idea or ability to control for or explain the shifts in population during the holiday for a number of reasons. I do not understand why this is such a difficult concept to understand.
It would be more of a point if you were using the data point as a comparison just against its own prior population. Like, you shouldn't use the holiday time as an authoritative sample of Oakwynd's population decline. That's unfair because you have reason to think it's artificially low because of the holidays.

I don't see any reason why you can't compare between servers as relative indicator of popularity, though, especially for a single data point. There's no reason to think the server populations would really treat the holidays differently. What if Oakwynd players, for some strange reason, hate Tuesdays at 10pm and that's when you measure? You can't be certain of any particular reason for variances for a single comparison.

Obviously, the ideal would be hourly counts for every single day. For a single comparison between servers, any given day should be as good as any another as an indicator of relative popularity.

Last edited:

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
Measuring server populations by general chats is retarded. Measuring a server population during a holiday is also retarded. It's not much deeper than that.

• 1Slow

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
It would be more of a point if you were using the data point as a comparison just against its own prior population. Like, you shouldn't use the holiday time as an authoritative sample of Oakwynd's population decline. That's unfair because you have reason to think it's artificially low because of the holidays.

I don't see any reason why you can't compare between servers as relative indicator of popularity, though, especially for a single data point. There's no reason to think the server populations would really treat the holidays differently. What if Oakwynd players, for some strange reason, hate Tuesdays at 10pm and that's when you measure? You can't be certain of any particular reason for variances for a single comparison.

Obviously, the ideal would be hourly counts for every single day. For a single comparison between servers, any given day should be as good as any another as an indicator of relative popularity.

Sadly I didn't have hourly recording until recently. Before then I was looking at the population hourly but only recording the min/max population and at what time it was recorded.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Measuring server populations by general chats is retarded. Measuring a server population during a holiday is also retarded. It's not much deeper than that.

Outside of the fact that you think the 26th and 27th are holidays, unless you have some reason to think there's a reason some servers have a larger amount of people leaving general chat than others, then the only thing retarded here is you

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
Outside of the fact that you think the 26th and 27th are holidays, unless you have some reason to think there's a reason some servers have a larger amount of people leaving general chat than others, then the only thing retarded here is you
People are still traveling and out of town. The holiday doesn't magically end on the 25th with people just teleporting back to their homes. I know this is a difficult concept for you to understand because you're a cop.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
People are still traveling and out of town. The holiday doesn't magically end on the 25th with people just teleporting back to their homes. I know this is a difficult concept for you to understand because you're a cop.
I think you'd need to present some statistical evidence for your claim that oakwynd has asymmetry in its holiday participation before I do anything but shake my head at your conjecture.

• 1Cringe

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

And it only occurs on Oakwynd and only this year. Otherwise, nobody has ever leaves their house. People have pointed out obvious flaws in your logic, yet they seem to go right over your head

• 1Midwit