EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm just recklessly speculating based on what I've seen in the recruiting forum. I'm not trying to convince anyone to pick a server with all caps word vomit every thirty seconds.

Progression will be pretty slow in-between level locks, with increased xp from god and ooc Regen, you'll see the player base hit level caps extremely fast, small manning raid content is out of the question which leaves very little for people to do outside of guild wide events and even then, you'll be hard stretched to farm targets after getting the achievement which gives plenty of time for players to play on mischief and yelinak.

Casuals with limited playtime are of course the outlier.

It will be interesting to see how this all goes down but I am pretty confident the classic tlp servers will continue to be popular for a long time.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
How much does the GoD OOC do compared to normal pre GoD regen?

It's really big. It doesn't quite reach WoW levels of out of combat regen but it's big.

Is Melee or a mage the play on Vaniki? Wizard and Necro's just seem outclassed.

Day one where everyone is absolutely naked trying to claw together any gear at all you'll be thrilled have just all the Magicians you can at the raid but once your guild starts to get going the caster dps is not going to be able to scale anywhere near as well at 40 with the lessened item requirements/recommend levels than melee. I'm picturing a lot of dudes with Reavers. That's going to beat out a lot of what a level 40 caster can do.

What would be interesting would be if the item changes include lowering required levels for clicking shit but I just expect them to lower recommended and required levels on the items themselves.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Half lockouts has been proven to increase burnout too much. Double loot is the way to go

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck. That.

They need to double loot.

This. Half LOs were a giant pita. It was never ending, especially if doing both DZs and OW. I think it was underfoot on selos, we got double loot? That shit was so perfect.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
ooc regen bascially gets you to full health and mana (not sure about endurance) in about 3 minutes max regardless of how low it was, doesn't start till out of combat obviously, 30 seconds for normal mob kill, 5 mins for raid mob kill

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Speeds a lot of things up. Buffing, cleaning up after wipes. I would assume for some raids, you might be able to hide a cleric and keep them ooc and use as a rez bot for entire fight(should help if you really have to zerg rush).

Group wise a caster can basically take a mob or two break and be ready to go again.

Should be a pretty big boost, especially early levels when regen is still kind of low compared to pools.

I wish that shit was around when I dirged Pofire. Would actually be waiting around for spawns instead of my mana(usually faster to log out for an hour to get full mana then rely on early regen).

Xevy

Log Wizard
I believe it's 3% a tick, so how big or small your mana pool is doesn't matter.
Yeah it's at least 3%hp and mana, and I think it adds in your actual med regen on top. So something like 3.4-3.8% per tick, I THINK. It'll be pretty cool if it's active on the Vaniki launch, that will help the tedium of leveling a ton. Won't need an enchanter box to follow you around or boxed in group either. Just have your puller actually try to pull mobs correctly and not 7 at a time and we could see a TLP without a mandatory enchanter in/near every group!

....except for charm pet DPS. Especially if they do something omega dumb like lower the AA requirement of Dire Charm, which I somewhat expect them to do.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Vaniki is level locked though and such a low level, but would the record be they were aiming for? Does beating all the content count if it's open at the start? I'm not familiar with the rules of races and such so not sure what is good and what isn't.
There are no rules. Each server is different. But i was talking about the new regular server. That should be close to agnarr and mischief in xp. Although I think JChan is aiming for making the long journey into a small jaunt. OOC regen at release sounds awesome.

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
On Test on Tuesday melees couldn't kill decaying skeletons, because the devs made them immune to non-magical weapons (and what newb melee has a magical weapon at level 1?)
From Wednesday's Test patch notes: - Removed the need for and distinction between magical and non-magical weapons.

Wow, that pendulum swung real quick.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
On Test on Tuesday melees couldn't kill decaying skeletons, because the devs made them immune to non-magical weapons (and what newb melee has a magical weapon at level 1?)
From Wednesday's Test patch notes: - Removed the need for and distinction between magical and non-magical weapons.

Wow, that pendulum swung real quick.

Meh, it's test.

It was an odd change though. I guess on a regular server you'd take a run through the tutorial and end up with a magic something before going on to use defiant trash but on a fresh TLP popping in being unable to hit bixies, skeletons, pixies and the like would be a real fucking mess. Locking out a chunk of the newbie area in no way outweighs some tiny increase in verisimilitude or theme or whatever they were going for.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
It should say something that there are no Hardcore OW guilds (yet) on Yelinak yet but Vaniki has at least 2 being advertised and slightly more Vaniki guilds in recruitment than Yeli at the moment.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It should say something that there are no Hardcore OW guilds (yet) on Yelinak yet but Vaniki has at least 2 being advertised and slightly more Vaniki guilds in recruitment than Yeli at the moment.

We've had enough of these servers now that people have mostly checked off everything on their EQ bucket lists. Heck, there's probably a bunch people hooked on the Mischief ruleset that will be hard to hook on a vanilla TLP ever again.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
We've had enough of these servers now that people have mostly checked off everything on their EQ bucket lists. Heck, there's probably a bunch people hooked on the Mischief ruleset that will be hard to hook on a vanilla TLP ever again.
OW raiding on TLPs in 2022 like:
ED530F76-7237-4D09-80F1-451426FD8D55.jpeg

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users